Lost 60 pounds this year (with pics)

sprale
sprale Posts: 117 Member
Here is my progress for the year. I have lost about 60 pounds, starting around 237 lbs and now at around 177 lbs. My goal for the new year is to lose another 20-25 lbs

43125373_1122.jpg

43125373_7733.jpg

Replies

• myJOF
    myJOF Posts: 26
    Great job! How'd you celebrate your success?
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    My goodness sprale! You look amazing!
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Great job, You look so amazing.
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Excellent job !!! Keep going girl cuz you've got this !!!
  • lookpregbutnot
    lookpregbutnot Posts: 17 Member
    Very encouraging as I'm just beginning. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing--anything that REALLY seemed to work for you that you could share?
  • meankeen
    meankeen Posts: 49 Member
    MIRIN
  • Great job!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Keep going...I was 240 at one point...focus on getting out of the decades and you will be goal weight but it takes time. Good job.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    congratulations you look amazing well done!!!
  • EvaiTryst
    EvaiTryst Posts: 695 Member
    Awesome job! You look amazing.
  • bkjk997
    bkjk997 Posts: 106 Member
    You look great! Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll hit your goal this year.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Awesome!!! I love seeing this b/c we are like MFP twins! We've had similar numbers in 2013 and have similar goals for 2014 - love it! You look great and so happy. Congrats!!
  • RebeccaWilliams115
    RebeccaWilliams115 Posts: 188 Member
    You look amazing! Great job.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Thanks, everyone, for all of the support!

I celebrated by going through all of my clothes and getting rid of all the 2x and 1x dresses I had, getting rid of my XL pants and buying L, and by trying on old clothes that didn't fit before that now do. Good times!

Some things that worked well for me included weighing myself regularly, keeping my food diary as accurate as possible, eating in the same place (my seat at the table) whenever possible (no snacking in my room or in the living room), and paying attention to my breathing and how my body feels as I eat so I eat slower and eat less food. Another part that was important for me was making sure I got enough food early in the day so I wouldn't binge in the evenings. Also eating when I am hungry instead of for emotional reasons was a big factor.

Learning to say no to temptation (usually) has also helped. And I can't emphasize enough how much planning has helped me. I'll plan what I'm going to eat at a buffet or pot luck on my way there or when I see the food. Then, I stick with my plan and keep my eating regulated that way.

Thanks again, you all are awesome!
  • ericeobrien
    ericeobrien Posts: 1 Member
    I hope it's validating (rather than condescending) when a total stranger says "Great job! Congratulations, and keep it up!"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!