MFP Runner's Club July 27

kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran about 5.5 miles this morning. I ran with a friend that I have never run with before. She is stronger than me so it was fun to run with her. Plus, I don't get to see her that often. So it was nice to get to spend some one on one time with her. We ran in her area. This was especially nice b/c even though my area is gorgeous I do get a little bored.

Did anyone race yesterday? Post and let us know how it went!

Enjoy the day
-Kechie.

Replies

• kechiemc
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

I ran about 5.5 miles this morning. I ran with a friend that I have never run with before. She is stronger than me so it was fun to run with her. Plus, I don't get to see her that often. So it was nice to get to spend some one on one time with her. We ran in her area. This was especially nice b/c even though my area is gorgeous I do get a little bored.

Did anyone race yesterday? Post and let us know how it went!

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Morning! :smile:

I know what you mean, Kechie, I get bored on my routes too. Good job getting out there. :flowerforyou:

Rest day for me. I keep hoping my longer runs would get easier, but they sure do beat me up. :embarassed:

Have a lovely Sunday, all! :flowerforyou:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Still no running for me. My srained muscles no longer hurt when I walk, but I can't take a long stride yet. Like my 86 year old father in law says "growing old is not for sissies". I am going to see how much of my yoga dvd I can do without pain.

WTG Kechie!

Shannon - Do you hurt all over after a long run, or do you have problem areas?

Hope everyone has a great day!!
    JD
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    4.3 miles today.. did some 7.0 intervals.. supposed to be an "easy" run day but i couldn't do it.. treadmills get so.. I dunno - boring?

Anyway, felt good afterward but whew think I should do 6.5 for now!!

Have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Still no running for me. My srained muscles no longer hurt when I walk, but I can't take a long stride yet. Like my 86 year old father in law says "growing old is not for sissies". I am going to see how much of my yoga dvd I can do without pain.

WTG Kechie!

Shannon - Do you hurt all over after a long run, or do you have problem areas?

Hope everyone has a great day!!
    JD

Mostly all over, but feet & hips especially. Your FIL is a wise man! :laugh:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Good morning all, I am back from my week at the beach and managed to lose a single pound on vacation. I managed to get two sessions in during the week but I will be honest, keeping up with the kids for 4 hours of boogie boarding wiped me out!

So today is the first day back on totally dry land and I felt great, got up and did 4 miles first thing. Now it's off to the mountain of laundry, oh the joys of regular life! :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Good afternoon!

I thought I'd take a minute to share my "experience" running 8 miles yesterday.
    I used my sisters treadmill that was located in a small, hot room. I was dying to whole time cuz I was so hot! My heart rate was way too high (between 170-180) the whole run and after I completed the run I was very dizzy and ended up throwing up. :sick: I had to lie down for 2 hours and rest because I had really bad shivers. I was okay after my rest and I can laugh about it now. I don't really know why my body reacted like that and the only think I can think is that I was way too hot and I overheated. Has this ever happened to anyone else? If so, e-mail me as I don't know when I can log back on.

Have a great day everyone and I miss you all!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Good afternoon!

I thought I'd take a minute to share my "experience" running 8 miles yesterday.
    I used my sisters treadmill that was located in a small, hot room. I was dying to whole time cuz I was so hot! My heart rate was way too high (between 170-180) the whole run and after I completed the run I was very dizzy and ended up throwing up. :sick: I had to lie down for 2 hours and rest because I had really bad shivers. I was okay after my rest and I can laugh about it now. I don't really know why my body reacted like that and the only think I can think is that I was way too hot and I overheated. Has this ever happened to anyone else? If so, e-mail me as I don't know when I can log back on.

Have a great day everyone and I miss you all!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    oh!! that was dehydration!! The shivers coursing through your body like waves! That is exactly what I experienced just last week. It happened to me in the last mile maybe a little bit more and I didn't know whether to stop or push on - I asked my running buddy when I gets dangerous and she said when the shivers are constant which mine were. I kept running because I knew I needed to get to gatorade quick and walking would have delayed that. I had actually stopped sweating - that was scary.

I am glad you recovered well and can laugh about it now. Just a great reminder how devious the heat can be.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Hey everyone!! I did 10.3 yesterday for the first time!! Ran it really slow but still respectable time - like a 10:30 pace. I lost my running buddy at mile 3 and I didn't have my Ipod because I thought we would be talking the whole run - so it was monotonous listening to my breathing and the thud of my feet...But at least I know I can do it and I am ready for my race which is less than one month away.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Hey everybody!

I did it! I just got back from my half-marathon! I finished in 2:05:08, which was nine and a half minute miles. (That's so much faster than I expected!) I think the atmosphere of the race just inspired me, and I decided to push it as hard as I could. It was a nice course in Camas, WA. Part of it was by a lake, and part of it was by a golf course. It wasn't an easy course though as there were lots of smaller hills, which made it tougher. The killer was from mile 12 to 12.5 there was a VERY steep hill. My husband said that was just mean to put that at the end of the race, and I tend to agree with him. I had to walk partway up that last hill because I didn't have anything left and I started to feel like I might throw up, but other than that I felt great about how I did. Right now my back is sore again, so I hope that goes away soon. I think I'll go take a nap now.

Have a great Sunday everybody!:flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Woo-Hoo Tricia & Terry!!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

Tricia - how far is your race next month?

You're giving me some hope for my race in a couple weeks, Terry. I'm gonna be glad when it's over. :laugh:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Congratulations on your great runs Terry and Tricia!! The women of MFP Runner's Club are amazing!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Finally got out for a run this morning. Managed 4 Km. but my toes were numb. No pain now though, so that is good. Definitely will look into orthotics. It had been exactly 15 days since my last run, said my Garmin Watch, so took it easy, but it certainly felt good. Will aim for Tuesday next

Mireille: Sounds like heat exhaustion. Could be dangerous. Need to drink while you are running in conditions like that. guess you're not using the treamill in that room again!

Thalli: Great job on the half. Great time to

Carol
  • kechiemc
    Hey everyone!! I did 10.3 yesterday for the first time!! Ran it really slow but still respectable time - like a 10:30 pace. I lost my running buddy at mile 3 and I didn't have my Ipod because I thought we would be talking the whole run - so it was monotonous listening to my breathing and the thud of my feet...But at least I know I can do it and I am ready for my race which is less than one month away.

That is awesome! Well done Tricia!
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Hey everybody!

I did it! I just got back from my half-marathon! I finished in 2:05:08, which was nine and a half minute miles. (That's so much faster than I expected!) I think the atmosphere of the race just inspired me, and I decided to push it as hard as I could. It was a nice course in Camas, WA. Part of it was by a lake, and part of it was by a golf course. It wasn't an easy course though as there were lots of smaller hills, which made it tougher. The killer was from mile 12 to 12.5 there was a VERY steep hill. My husband said that was just mean to put that at the end of the race, and I tend to agree with him. I had to walk partway up that last hill because I didn't have anything left and I started to feel like I might throw up, but other than that I felt great about how I did. Right now my back is sore again, so I hope that goes away soon. I think I'll go take a nap now.

Well done Terry! That is an awesome time!

Feel better soon
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • Hey everyone!! I did 10.3 yesterday for the first time!! Ran it really slow but still respectable time - like a 10:30 pace. I lost my running buddy at mile 3 and I didn't have my Ipod because I thought we would be talking the whole run - so it was monotonous listening to my breathing and the thud of my feet...But at least I know I can do it and I am ready for my race which is less than one month away.

Wow, that is great, I don't think I could have done it without my Ipod. I get my motivation from it with the songs I pick. Eye of the Tiger from Rocky and stuff like that and fast up beat songs like from Kid rock and Cher. 9 miles with just my breathing would have been tough.
    :bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :wink: :bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :wink:
  • kechiemc
    Finally got out for a run this morning. Managed 4 Km. but my toes were numb. No pain now though, so that is good. Definitely will look into orthotics. It had been exactly 15 days since my last run, said my Garmin Watch, so took it easy, but it certainly felt good. Will aim for Tuesday next

Mireille: Sounds like heat exhaustion. Could be dangerous. Need to drink while you are running in conditions like that. guess you're not using the treamill in that room again!

Thalli: Great job on the half. Great time to

Carol

Which Garmin do you have Carol? I think Santa is going to bring me one. Any recommendations?
  • Hey everybody!

That is so fast, you must have looked like the wind going by, specially if you had to walk for a few minutes at the end. You would have been going faster at other parts than 9.5 Wow. :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • kechiemc

Wow, that is great, I don't think I could have done it without my Ipod. I get my motivation from it with the songs I pick. Eye of the Tiger from Rocky and stuff like that and fast up beat songs like from Kid rock and Cher. 9 miles with just my breathing would have been tough.
    :bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :wink: :bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :wink:

I always run without listening to anything. Am I the only one?:tongue:

What happened to your running buddy at mile 3?
  • I didn't run this morning, stayed up too late again and after my long run the other day, I have been feeling it in my left ankle. Not really hurt, just a strange feeling when I move it a little much. So I thought a couple slow days would be a good idea. I will walk the treadmil for sure or walk one of my dogs tonight though and hopefully will be out in the morning with at least a 5 mile fun.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: