WEEK 13 FINAL WEEK CHALLENGE

Replies

• barkingbetty
    barkingbetty Posts: 347 Member
    Great job everyone! I am SO excited to have made it to the final week too. I would like to thank Sheri for such an awesome challenge. Thanks also to Pam for telling me about this challenge when I met her in September! This has been so much fun for me, and I am in better shape than I have been in a long time. My eating habits have gotten better too, since I have been inspired by all those who share their food diaries. Everyone has been so supportive and I am so grateful to have been a part of this! :bigsmile:

Here is one of my favorite quote, since I tend to beat myself up a little when I eat and/or drink too much :drinker:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. Begin it well and serenely, and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • barkingbetty
    Here are my results so far this week:

SUNDAY: rest day

MONDAY:
    Workout: Stationary bike 60 min, Circuit training 20 min.
    Calories: 625

TUESDAY: rest day

WEDNESDAY:
    Workout: Elliptical 20 min, Stationary bike 20 min.
    Calories: 345
    Stretching: 6 min.
    I posted an inspirational quote today too. :wink:

Happy New Year to all!
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    SU
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Another good day...looks like you guys have had good days too!

Wednesday:

workout: 60 min (20 FitnessBlender, 30 Brazil Butt Lift, and 10 rebounding)...362 calories
    stretch: 5 min
    reps: 100 cardio

I pulled up the Brazil Butt Lift on youtube...wanted to see it/do it in order to determine if I wanted to buy the program. Well......I DON'T!
    Don't get me wrong - it *was* a good workout...I was sweating, and I had to do the easier level on a couple of the moves. But I am NOT a dancer! My hips just will not move the way those girls were moving! Anyway...now I know!

The end of the challenge is almost here!!! :sad:

Keep at it!
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    “Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.”
    ― Roger Crawford

I loved this quote! Thanks for posting it Verda!

Here is my gem for today:

"Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want. "

With that in mind, here is my small attempt at this week's challenge so far. Still recovering from Dengue Fever, so any cardio (workouts or reps) are out, as are UB reps (those muscles still ache!), but have at least done something and that makes me feel GOOD :bigsmile:

MONDAY:
    #1. No workout
    #2. No stretching
    #3. 25 standing calf raises (25 LB reps)
    #4. Posted a quote

TUESDAY:
    #1. No workout
    #2. 5 minutes stretching
    #3. 25 standing calf raises (25 LB reps)
    #4. Posted a quote

WEDNESDAY:
    #1. No workout
    #2. 5 minutes stretching
    #3. 25 standing calf raises and 25 abdominal crunches (25 LB reps and 25 core reps)
    #4. Posted encouragement

THURSDAY:
    #1. No workout
    #2. 5 minutes stretching
    #3. 25 standing calf raises, 25 squats, 25 reverse curls, 25 x 2 abdominal crunches (50 LB reps and 75 core reps)
    #4. Posted a quote and also posted my measurements

Not sure if we are counting regular points this week ... Sheri? In any event I want to say how much I appreciated having the good and bad habits part included in this challenge. My husband sure appreciates the fact that my computer is normally turned off in the evenings now, AND I have sorted all the cupboards in our bedroom and all the childrens clothes in cupboards/wardrobes, as well as their bookshelves! Have given away boxes of stuff! Feel as though I have made a big start on our preparations for moving back to UK in July. Just need to at some point attack my office, lounge and kitchen now! THANK YOU SHERI for giving me the push I needed!

Oh - and for the stretching, although I haven't YET achieved my goal of getting my head to knee level, I am ALMOST there! AND I have gone from absolutely HATING stretching to not minding it at all now ... won't quite go as far as saying I love it :laugh: , but certainly am pleased to be doing it this week :bigsmile:
  • fang19423
    fang19423 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I'm having to dig deep today so.... I am trying to remember;

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you."
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    My Wednesday:

39 minutes running for 300 calories
    300 reps (200 abs, 100 cardio)
    Stretching 15 minutes

Hoping to run today. High temps supposed to be -3, but going to be even colder tomorrow, so..... guess I need to suck it up and do it. :grumble:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Our temps are like yours Jenn but we don't have a bunch of snow coming in like your area!!! I can handle cold but drifts are hard to move in! Have an @ss kickin day!!!

I have always liked this quote: If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got, and you'll always feel what you always felt.

Let's do SOMETHING different today!!!!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    I lucked out! I have a lunch date I forgot about today. :laugh: No run. :drinker:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Sunday: Dec 29, 2013
    Workout 111 min for 514 calories
    Stretching - 5 min done
    Reps: 0
    Measurements - not yet
    Comment - not yet

Monday: Dec 30, 2013
    Workout: 94 min for 604 calories
    Stretching - 5 min done
    Reps: 400 mix of everything
    Measurements: not yet
    Comment: not yet

Tuesday: Dec 31
    Workout: 70 min for 396 calories
    Stretching- 5 min done
    Reps: 100 cardio only
    Measurements: not yet
    Comment: Not yet

Wednesday: Jan 1, 2014
    Workout: 31 min for 107 calories
    Stretching 5 min done
    Reps: 0
    Measurements: Not yet
    Comment: Not yet

Weeks totals so far:
    Workout: 306 min for 1,621 calories
    Stretching: 20 min
    Reps: 500
    Measurements/Comments: Not done on either yet

Last weeks Pts:
    Water 7/7
    Salt 6/7
    Comments 6/7
    Good: 7/7
    Bad 7/7

This weeks pts so far
    Water 5/7
    Salt 4/7
    Comments 2/7
    Good 5/7
    Bad 5/7
  • Justacoffeenut
    Sorry for the late log in. Was helping a friend finish planning her wedding. Then she and the groom got sick so its postponed. Now I'm getting sick oh what fun. To top it off we are in for a major snow storm and 20 year record lows. I hate winter.
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Wednesday:
    30 minutes bike
    203 calories
    5 minutes stretching
    25 reps LB
    100 reps core
    50 reps UB

Thursday:
    30 minutes bike & elliptical
    271 calories
    5 minutes stretching
    150 reps core
    25 reps LB
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse. –Florence Nightingale
  • kvonjohn
    kvonjohn Posts: 569 Member
    What a week! I've been so tired and ravenously hungry this week. Not a good week for increased hunger, decreased energy, and bloating! I'm trying to get this final week done and finish strong but nature is working against me!! My points tracking has been awful. With my Aunt's death the week before last and having to shuffle around my schedule, then I had a speaking engagement and Christmas program to prepare for and do, then the holidays, blah, blah, blah, on and on. Whew! I will try to get it all sorted out and posted!
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    "Nothing great ever came *that* easy." -unknown

@kvon - your last post made me go and check my calendar...and I found that TOM is due to show up TOMORROW!!! On the final weigh-in day!!! How is that even possible??? (And, no, it doesn't make me feel better knowing that *next* week's weigh-in will be better!)

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • fang19423
    Wednesday:
    #1 Workout: Biggest Loser walk 47 mins, HIIT 16 mins - Total 63 mins / 662 cals (All required w/o's done)
    #2 Stretching: 5 mins done - All required stretching done and I am pleased to confirm that I can now touch my toes without having to bend my legs ... thanks Sheri :bigsmile:
    #3 Reps: All required reps done.
    #4Personal: Have not posted measurements yet.

I really struggled today but ....

Thursday:
    #1 Workout: C25K day2 week1 30 mins, walking 41 mins, Circuit training 20 mins - Total 91 mins / 572 cals (All required w/o's done)
    #2 Stretching: not today
    #3 Reps: All required reps done.
    #4Personal: Have not posted measurements yet - will post them tomorrow (cam't let those extra bonus points go unclaimed :laugh: )
  • fang19423
    SPREADSHEET UPDATE TO HERE
  • Justacoffeenut
    I've had this printed out since I seriously started this weight loss journey.

"Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells "CAN'T', but you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper "can. And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are."

Don't remember where I got it or who said it.
  • lostgurl55
    lostgurl55 Posts: 155 Member
    Feeling sad this challenge is over but so glad it is!!
    I'm starting, Mama Wants her Body back+the 30 day chart Sheri posted.
    Gonna keep at it
    Good luck everyone on your journey

Sunday
    45 min zumba
    547 cal
    100 reps
    10 min flex

Monday
    30 min zumba
    415 cal
    100 reps
    10 min flex

Tuesday
    60 min zumba
    732 cal
    10 min flex
    100 reps

Wishing everyone a blessed New Year:heart:
  • barkingbetty
    My stretching goal was to get my knees closer to the floor in butterfly position, and I HAVE gotten them closer to the floor! I have occasional bursitis, which is hip pain due to inflammation, and the bursitis is not bothering me as much as it used to. :smile: I can attribute the improvement to the new habit of stretching my hip area almost every day, thanks to this challenge! :love:

Here are my results for today:

THURSDAY:
    Workout: stationary bike 45 min and HIIT for 10 min (used bike for this too)
    Calories: 439
    Stretching: 5 min.
    Reps: 175
    75 core (crunches), 100 UB (tricep extensions and wall push ups)

Final results, measurements and weigh-in to be posted tomorrow. I hope that the scale is kind to everyone tomorrow! :flowerforyou: