So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    All good points. But there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I do not lift heavy in the gym, I do kettlebell workouts. Involves lots of core work. I don't do any specific abdominal work at all. And I do lots of cardio, because I love it (running) and it helps me increase my calorie debt if I so desire. AND it decreases my appetite.

You're right, there is more than one way.

You still activate your muscles and eat at a calorie deficit. Those are the the main keys to success.

Heheh. Please see my edited post. After I posted this, I realized it came out wrong.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    All good points. But there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I do not lift heavy in the gym, I do kettlebell workouts. Involves lots of core work. I don't do any specific abdominal work at all. And I do lots of cardio, because I love it (running) and it helps me increase my calorie debt if I so desire. AND it decreases my appetite.

You're right, there is more than one way.

You still activate your muscles and eat at a calorie deficit. Those are the the main keys to success.

Heheh. Please see my edited post. After I posted this, I realized it came out wrong.

:laugh: No hard feelings! I knew what you were getting at. :flowerforyou:
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Great reminder! Bump
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Great! Bump!
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Awesome info and link!! Thanks.
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    bump! Love it!
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    are there other things i may do instead of lifting, because i don't have equipment or a gym membership (yet)? are exercises using bodyweight ok?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    are there other things i may do instead of lifting, because i don't have equipment or a gym membership (yet)? are exercises using bodyweight ok?
    There are several bodyweight programs. Look at you are your own gym and convict conditioning. The main thing is to not stagnate in your lifting routine. A progressive program works best, and there are lots of variations to make exercises harder (or easier when you're starting out). I know for sure those programs have a progression, but I'm sure there are lots of others.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Thanks for the advice OP. :flowerforyou: One of my main vanity goals is to get a nice (flat) stomach this year. I think it will happen. :smile:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    I got caught assuming due to all my military friends who can still run 6 minute miles..drunk...while smoking a pack a cigarettes...and laugh at me while I am trying to keep up.

<- former air force, I got out of shape in the military.

ETA: will stop hijacking now. :-/

Ditto. Reached my highest weight in the AF. I was more in shape while I was doing marching band in college! Ha!
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Great thread! I am dying for a nice 6 packs, it will take a life time but I will get there!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Bookmarked for future referencing. :)

I love this post. Very to the point and something we all need to read once in awhile.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    bump for later...love this!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Great post!!!
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Bookmarking this for myself. My stomach is my #1 goal. It's getting there, but this is a much better detailed plan to follow! Well done!

I especially loved the TDEE calculator, thanks!
  • Same here when I was AD AF i reached my highest weight as well....they might PT you but you learn nothing about nutrition...great post USMC.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    So true!! More people need to know these things.
  • MRSpivey
    MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Excellent post!!!

34277608.png