S.B.F. Fitness Challenge. . .July 28. . .

It looks like we're entering the home stretch on the challenge. . .makes me think of new goals. . .

Incredibly, can barely walk sore today. I think it was the "circuit" that included: step ups, toe touches on the steps and jumping up on the step. I got to use all those leg muscles I don't use any other way. Also, dance was killer yesterday, lasting 2 hours, with lots of "ball of foot" moving around work.

Today is:
yoga (which I'm nervous about, what with all the soreness. . .but maybe it will stretch everything out)
water, vits and maybe a short walk to try to loosen up these legs.

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    It looks like we're entering the home stretch on the challenge. . .makes me think of new goals. . .

Incredibly, can barely walk sore today. I think it was the "circuit" that included: step ups, toe touches on the steps and jumping up on the step. I got to use all those leg muscles I don't use any other way. Also, dance was killer yesterday, lasting 2 hours, with lots of "ball of foot" moving around work.

Today is:
    yoga (which I'm nervous about, what with all the soreness. . .but maybe it will stretch everything out)
    water, vits and maybe a short walk to try to loosen up these legs.

Happy workouts!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    VK, I hope you get over your soreness soon! I was sore for five days from doing a 45 minute ab work out so I know how you are feeling.
    Why don't we keep the name of our challenge the same and just change the ending date when we reach 8-8-08? I like the name of the challenge. Just my two cents.
    Well, after a busy and horrible splurging weekend (some of it on purpose, just didn't know HOW BAD, and other parts on accident) I am feeling very humbled and ashamed this morning. I will do better this week. I have refused to be as busy this week!
    Today is the first day of full pushups on the one hundred pushups challenge. (I did 51 modifed push ups on Saturday!)
    Then I need to do an hour of Taebo.
    Other goals: staying under my new calorie goal
    giving my son all his meds
    drinking all my water
    and getting some rest
    Good news though! Our son finally slept the whole night through! Praise the Lord! My hubby and I didn't. Neighbor's dog woke us up. Oh well, there's hope for more sleep in the future!
    Happy day!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I hope you feel better soon VK!! Ive been that sore before, its not that great at times haha

MM- congrats with your son sleeping through the night! When we weened our daughter off the bottle she started to sleep through the night, but shes always up around 6:30am!! Its crazy!! Im never asleep until around 12:30am-1:00am, but thank goodness for naps! haha

Today same goals, no junk food, I think I will do one more day of my 30 day shred level 1 and then go into level 2 tomorrow.

Have a good day everyone!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good Monday morning ladies! I had kind of a weird morning. 15 minutes into Turbo Jam I had an interruption that lasted over an hour so I started over and then did Ab Jam too so I should be set for today! It's cool and overcast here but I'm hoping the rain will hold off so I can get a walk in.

Viv I hope your soreness is short-lived. MM great news about your son! Now all you have to do is take care of the dog:grumble:

Happy Monday all!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Hmmm, two weeks to lose 3 lbs. Sigh.

Somehow I'm hurting my wrist every night in my sleep. I thought it was because husband and I hold hands at night (awww), but it still hurts this morning. I'll wear a wrist band tonight as well as during weights class. I'm going to yoga today too, but I don't have time for a walk today. AD, if you are reading this, the pain is right under the place on your wrist where blood is drawn, if you have any advice...it's been about a week, hurts most in the morning and I didn't really do weights this past week.

Yesterday I walked and did the elliptical. I'm working on increasing my speed on the treadmill. It's hard not to just do incline (more calories burned), so I'm switching off: 1 mile incline, 1 mile speed.

My goal this week is to lose .5 lb. I will try my best to stick within my calories and not over exercise. Except on Wednesday, which is our 14th anniversary. :heart:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    :bigsmile: I am so excited... I lost a pound last week!!! :bigsmile: That's a total of 10 lbs. since starting MFP on June 23. :bigsmile: I think I might add a ticker to my signature now! :bigsmile:

Today's plan...
    -Walk
    >DONE! :happy: (2.5 miles with a couple of big hills!)
    -50 modified push ups
    -LOTS of water

Have a great week!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Have decided to substitute a walk for yoga today. My legs just don't feel up to the whole "balancing postures" idea. My light weekend exercises got out of that territory, so I'm going to take a day to recover.

Why does taking a light day make me feel guilty? Must work on this perfectionist character flaw.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Finally, I had to close an ad three time to get to post this. Well today I cleaned bus for 3 1/2 hours, then came home weeded garden for 2 hours and then just cleaned Part of the cellar so we can put a root cellar in. So another 2 hours for that. I don't think I'm going to do any formal exercise because I am just too tired. I get to do it all again tomorrow yea:sad: See you later.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Mary-wrist, hmm. Do you remember doing anything around the time it started hurting? The area you describe is just below the carpal tunnel, so that could be it. Try to move it in different directions with a stretch, and see what hurts the most. Let me know. Try to keep pressure off the nerves all the way from the shoulder down. DO NOT sleep with that arm up under your pillow. If you have to have your hand up, keep your elbow down so that you aren't lifting your shoulder. That will limit the compression on the brachial plexus, which innervates the hand. I learned the hard way during my pregnancy (carpal tunnell so bad I lost my grip and couldn't do most of my evaluations at work 'cause I couldn't feel the body parts) and keeping your shoulder down should help some if it's nerve related.

KJ- when do the kids start back? I can't believe the summer has gone by sooooo fast. Why didn't the weight go with it? :laugh: A bittersweet time of year!

I did a short run today (4 miles with a mile walk) and lower lifting so that I can attempt 8 miles tomorrow. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! :happy: