MFP Runners - July 28

lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
I can't believe I get to start the thread. :bigsmile:

I won't be running today. My period started yesterday and it's here with some sort of plan to take over the world. The beotch is coming through like a weapon of mass destruction (I'm so sure the men wanted to know this).

Anyways, how do you ladies deal when on your period? Do you still run?

Good luck today runners. I hope you all run until your hearts beat out of your chest! :heart:

Replies

• lina1131
    I can't believe I get to start the thread. :bigsmile:

I won't be running today. My period started yesterday and it's here with some sort of plan to take over the world. The beotch is coming through like a weapon of mass destruction (I'm so sure the men wanted to know this).

Anyways, how do you ladies deal when on your period? Do you still run?

Good luck today runners. I hope you all run until your hearts beat out of your chest! :heart:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    No running for me either. We had bootcamp this morning and did drills in the mud on a hill. Fun had by all.

As for my TOM, I find that if I exercise the first couple of days, it tends to be heavier but it doesn't last as long. I always go that route. The quicker the better. Come on menapause.:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    One more day of rest for me, then I'll drag my carcass out of bed early tomorrow. :bigsmile:

I'm with you, Sherry - c'mon menopause!!! :drinker: :laugh:
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    I usually don't exercise during my TOM. I have fibroids and the combination of pain and increased flow would be a disaster for me. :explode:
  • samccarthy
    samccarthy Posts: 34
    Because I have menstrual migraines, I take the 3 month pill and only get my period 4 time a year. Lucky me!!

Ran for 30 min on treadmill (just over 3 miles) and did 30 min of weight lifting this morning. I am still so weak I can barely type!! I know this is good for me, though, so I will continue.

sheryl
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Good morning!

Today I plan to do some cross training by treading water in the pool. Nothing hurts this morning after my half-marathon, which is surprisingly great, but my legs feel a little dead, and the water workout is supposed to help bring them back to life. We'll see if it does.

I have to go to work today. I'm on a committee to interview a new intermediate grade teacher, so I'll be spending all day sitting around listening to interviews. I don't mind, except for the sitting around all day part.

Have a nice day!

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    I DID 7 MILES - 7 very long, slow and boring miles on the treadmill. 67% humidity and wind were not helping me force myself outside to run. I did find out that I can prop the portable DVD player on the tread, use my headphones and watch a movie! Today was wedding crashers. I still need to finish it so maybe I'll hop back on and walk till it's over.

At least I found out that if I go slow (6.3 ish) I could probably run the half marathon. Now i just need to sign up, commit to it and finish the training!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    No running for me today, did a chest, tri's and shoulder workout this morning and ab ripper x. Will be running on Wednesday
  • lina1131
    I'm thinking about going to the gym anyways and at least walking a little and doing some weights. I haven't decided if I will for sure or not, but i'm playing around with the idea. :smokin:
  • Shannon023
    I'm thinking about going to the gym anyways and at least walking a little and doing some weights. I haven't decided if I will for sure or not, but i'm playing around with the idea. :smokin:

Do it!! Get some of the pain out! :tongue:
  • lina1131
    I DID 7 MILES - 7 very long, slow and boring miles on the treadmill. 67% humidity and wind were not helping me force myself outside to run. I did find out that I can prop the portable DVD player on the tread, use my headphones and watch a movie! Today was wedding crashers. I still need to finish it so maybe I'll hop back on and walk till it's over.

At least I found out that if I go slow (6.3 ish) I could probably run the half marathon. Now i just need to sign up, commit to it and finish the training!

If you think 6.3 is slow, I must be crawling on the treadmill. :laugh: :laugh:

seriously ladies, I jog at 4.2 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Good Morning Everyone!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I know I posted at some point this weekend, but I honestly don't remember doing it or what I read - I was knock-down, drag-out tired!!! I had a house full of company, no sleep and a itsy bitsy too much alcohol and sunshine.....a good time but man I am tired!!! Even my kids were beat - they fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow and slept through the night for 12 hours!! :noway:

I think I told anyone who was around that I ran 10.3 on Saturday - yes, had to get that .3 in there!! Did it in respectable time too - 1:41:49. Not bad for my first time.

I believe I only have to do 4 tonight. Funny when I look at the program and think, 'wow, only 4 miles, easy night'! Unbelievable how fast it happens - I used to dread 4 miles!!

Hope everyone has a great day today! Get out there and get moving!!!

Lina - pop two advil and exercise, you will feel so much better!! :flowerforyou:

Tricia
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good afternoon:flowerforyou:

No running for me. Today is a rest day!

Lina-
    I always workout as planned tom or not. Since I use training programs my workouts are always planned months in advance. I'm sure some exercise will make you feel better. If not, take the day off. Sometimes laying around for a day is the answer.:wink:

Enjoy the day
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • lina1131
    Good Morning Everyone!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I know I posted at some point this weekend, but I honestly don't remember doing it or what I read - I was knock-down, drag-out tired!!! I had a house full of company, no sleep and a itsy bitsy too much alcohol and sunshine.....a good time but man I am tired!!! Even my kids were beat - they fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow and slept through the night for 12 hours!! :noway:

I think I told anyone who was around that I ran 10.3 on Saturday - yes, had to get that .3 in there!! Did it in respectable time too - 1:41:49. Not bad for my first time.

I believe I only have to do 4 tonight. Funny when I look at the program and think, 'wow, only 4 miles, easy night'! Unbelievable how fast it happens - I used to dread 4 miles!!

Hope everyone has a great day today! Get out there and get moving!!!

Lina - pop two advil and exercise, you will feel so much better!! :flowerforyou:

Tricia

10.3 miles, HOLY MOTHER OF...:noway: That's awesome!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    I'm running 5 miles tonight. It's kind of nice that I'm able to cut the miles back after my race!
  • Shannon023
    I'm running 5 miles tonight. It's kind of nice that I'm able to cut the miles back after my race!

I'd say you earned it! :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Good morning all!

Back into the thick of regular life and back on the treadmill. 3 miles today and bodypump. Came home with some new found motivation to get my butt in gear and do what I have to do to get healthy again. Made some mini goals and I am looking into some runs.

I believe that if I sign up for some races, 5k etc, that I will be motivated to keep going for fear of being the last person to cross the finish line! :wink: Strange motivation maybe but having races to plan for will give me a date that I must be ready by. Anyone with any training suggestions let me know. I live in AZ so I won't be doing any runs until November when the weather is back to 80 degrees or so, but then I have until March or early april to do races.

Just curious for those of you that do races already, how many do you do a year and how often?
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Okay I am ready to join... I have been up to one mile at 5 mph on the treadmill... Then I slow it down for my second to 4.7mph.. last night I ran and I normally do it during the day but went out with family and didn't get home till late. I did it a little different. So I would like any input please.

I walked at 4 mph for 1/2 lap then I kicked it up to 5 for the next 4 1/2 laps. I then walked another 1/2 lap then Ran at a 6 for one lap then walked 1/2 lap did that twice and then RAN at a speed of 7 which I have never done before for 1/2 Lap. I about died, but I did it.. I walked a whole lap to recoup. Then I ran (jogged) at a 5 for 1 more lap... What I am trying to do is to get my stamina up So I can run more.

I then walked at an incline from a 10 to 0 for the next two laps at a 3.5 to 4 mph. And continued to walk at a 4 mph until I reached an hour. I ended up doing 4 miles and a lap.

I want to really start running at least 3 times a week. But I want to do it right and build up my stamina. I have walked on the treadmill for ever and I really want to kick it up a gear.

Any tips and help would be appreciated.
    Melissa
  • I DID 7 MILES - 7 very long, slow and boring miles on the treadmill. 67% humidity and wind were not helping me force myself outside to run. I did find out that I can prop the portable DVD player on the tread, use my headphones and watch a movie! Today was wedding crashers. I still need to finish it so maybe I'll hop back on and walk till it's over.

If you think 6.3 is slow, I must be crawling on the treadmill. :laugh: :laugh:

seriously ladies, I jog at 4.2 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am only up to about 5 or 5.5 miles per hour on a good run, when I started (only couple months ago) I was "jogging" at about 3.5 which is tech. a walk, not even a fast walk. It wa so hard to figure my calories burned because they don't calculate jogging at that slow pace. It comes with work outs the speed.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Melissa - try the couch to 5K plan, just google or try coolrunning.com, runnersworld.com or google 5k training plan... there are tons. BTW what you did was great - interval training is what I integrate in my training to get some speed work done.. still not that fast myself!!

Okay today was a partial rest day, strength and stretch day!!

Tomorrow a couple of miles or was it 3... have to check.

Have a great day!

Oh and I train during TOM - makes it go away quicker and reduces my pain with it so... guess everyone's different (oh and some times - I just relax).