So what have you (MFP) done for me lately...

This site is incredible, here are just a few things that it's helped me with in 40 days...

I now realize how out of balance my life is.
I have lost 25 lbs.
I have met some great people and helped them.
I have met some great people who have really helped me.
My mind is open to cooking and trying new things like Curry (what have I been missing!)
It reminded me how important exercise is.
It's helped me to less judgmental.

What has this site helped you with?

Replies

• tashalloyd330
    tashalloyd330 Posts: 28 Member
    Helped me to realize how much sugar I am eating!! Although some of it is from fruit (I eat more fruit than veggies), I know I still am eating too much added sugar!
  • djxil
    djxil Posts: 357
    It's the processed sugar that we need to worry about according to a buddy on MFP, I too worried about sugar... and Sodium too.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    how to creep in an appropriate manner
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    how to creep in an appropriate manner

OH EM GEE! So accurate!
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Ugh - forced me to buy smaller clothes and endure positive comments about how I look... jerks.
  • djxil
    Yeah, positive feedback really sucks, I prefer those Whalers that have been trying to harpoon on the beach recently.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    It's changed my life.

My friends on MFP helped me get sober.

I'm still fat, but I'm still alive because of every last one of them..
  • maz2469
    maz2469 Posts: 67 Member
    It's really helped me understand how many calories are in food, balance of food came after that...

We all generally know what is good and bad, but I found some shocking cals in even the 'good' food!

It's helped me say no a bit more often to the sweet treats (real sweet tooth here)...

It's enabled me to find support and information with like-minded, and not so like-minded people, as well as enabling me to support others on their journeys.

It played a big part in leading me to my future career... I'm now a qualified (although only just about to start practicing) personal trainer and starting my first nutrition course on Monday!

Thank you MFP and MFP friends, and my dear friend Holly (who introduced me to MFP) you have changed my life! <3
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    I've made some awesome friends
    I've lost almost 50 pounds, which I realize I did it, but with information I learned here
    I learned how to run properly and have gone from dying over running a mile to running a 10k the other day
    My life has changed for the better on several levels due to people and information on this site
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Besides the 93lbs weight loss....

MFP has helped me learn that I don't need to starve or only eat 'diet food' in order to lose weight.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Yeah, positive feedback really sucks, I prefer those Whalers that have been trying to harpoon on the beach recently.

Exactly. I much prefer to wallow in self-pity ;)
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    With MyFitnessPal,
    I get to exercise my patience with folks who can't bother
    to capitalize the names of their fitness programs, or punctuate their sentences.

I exercise my fingers by researching all the different acronyms
    posted by folks who don't remember that there are newcomers on the site,
    who want help to become slimmer and healthier.

I am encouraged by the postings in the Success Stories forum,
    especially those posted by members who have lost 100 pounds in one year.
    I also read the Maintaining Weight forum, in anticipation of successfully losing
    100+ pounds by my one-year anniversary in July.

I get great pleasure by encouraging others to find their ways to health and fitness.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    It's helped me save money, I don't have to pay for prostitutes anymore. Thanks MFP!
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Helping me be less judgmental is a HUGE one. By being judgemental and beating myself up over how fat I was, I was also judging other fat people for not being able to control themselves and trying to fit in when they couldn't.

I have met so many people on here at different stages in their weight loss and loved them all. It makes me want to walk up to that big person sweating to death exercising in the gym and pat them on the back and say "I've been there, but look where I am now. You can get there, too!"
  • djxil
    It's helped me save money, I don't have to pay for prostitutes anymore. Thanks MFP!

So what did $50 get ya and what are you spending it on now ; )
  • djxil
    Helping me be less judgmental is a HUGE one. By being judgemental and beating myself up over how fat I was, I was also judging other fat people for not being able to control themselves and trying to fit in when they couldn't.

I have met so many people on here at different stages in their weight loss and loved them all. It makes me want to walk up to that big person sweating to death exercising in the gym and pat them on the back and say "I've been there, but look where I am now. You can get there, too!"

Totally with you on the Judgmental part, when I lost weight in the past, I would, unfortunately, judge others for not losing weight too, I would not hurt someone's feelings but it hurt my chances of bonding with a lot of great people. With age, comes wisdom but this site has helped me to be a better person all around.
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    I have learned that:

* real food in moderation is the only way to make this journey sustainable.
    * my mfp friends are pretty darn awesome.
    * real change doesn't happen overnight and it's okay.
    * I am not a bad person because I tumble and fall foodwise on any given day.
    * logging my food is very eye opening.

I so appreciate this site!!
  • tm82001
    It's changed my life.

My friends on MFP helped me get sober.

I'm still fat, but I'm still alive because of every last one of them..

Powerful...thank you for sharing this. Much love on your continued sobriety.
  • tm82001

Ha ha ha!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!