So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Bump....and a sponge is a great analogy. (looks at profile picture :grumble: )
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member

Mine wasn't very pretty when I started out.

IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg

wow!!! how long did it take you if i may ask?
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Love this post! Thanks for sharing it. :drinker:
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Bump! Thank you for sharing :-)
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    bump!
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Never heard it described as drying out a sponge. I've always had a hard time explaining that to my patients and athletes. It's fantastic!

agreed! Superb analogy Op!
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Thumbs up for OP's post :happy:!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    one picture worth 1000 words啊。。。this is so impressive...you go Marine Corp Lady~
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member

Mine wasn't very pretty when I started out.

IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg

Wow you look absolutely fantastic!! You've given me hope it can happen as it seems very difficult thing to do right this minute. Thanks for posting this!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Thanks this is timely advice! Can anyone suggest any strength exercises that can be done with free weights at home, and would relatively light weights (10 lbs) be sufficient for a small female just beginning strength training?

Depending on what you have for free weights at home will define the advice.

If you have barbells start with those and no plates using one of the programs like Stronglifts, starting strenght or New rules of lifting for woman.

Or start with a program that starts you with body weight exercise like pushups, squats, lunges etc.

Small female is irrelevant when talking about weight lifting....you will be surprise yourself I guarantee it.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I got caught assuming due to all my military friends who can still run 6 minute miles..drunk...while smoking a pack a cigarettes...and laugh at me while I am trying to keep up.

<- former air force, I got out of shape in the military.

ETA: will stop hijacking now. :-/
    Ditto. Reached my highest weight in the AF. I was more in shape while I was doing marching band in college! Ha!
    <-former Artillery in Canadian forces....was pretty heavy when I left considering where I was when I started. Being military doesn't guarantee fitness...as long as we could walk 16km one day and 8km the next with our rucks we passed fitness test.

Blah.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,794 Member
    Thanks usmcmp!! Thanks to many others for their input as well.
  • Mchl496
    Mchl496 Posts: 12 Member
    Well I've been following most of that but the big one that I wasn't following, and will start following is eating enough. I was at 2300 calories for the last 90 days. Now im going for 3100 and seeing how that fits.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Well I've been following most of that but the big one that I wasn't following, and will start following is eating enough. I was at 2300 calories for the last 90 days. Now im going for 3100 and seeing how that fits.

That's one of the reasons I suggest TDEE-20%. It's based off your activity and exercise levels, so you will be eating at a decent deficit while getting enough calories.
  • cyrka2012
    cyrka2012 Posts: 291 Member
    bump thanks for sharing
  • BigAlNyc
    BigAlNyc Posts: 20 Member
    Love it!

Need to rid the house of all crappy food and start a fresh, i got so close but my sweet tooth got the better of me, again and again! :-/

Donate it to a shelter.
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Tagging for reference and inspiration.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    bump for reference