5:2 fasting diet?

Is anyone following the 5:2 intermittant fast diet?

if so how are you doing? losses?

Replies

• umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Check in the groups section for IF groups. I think there are some on here :) I know that I've seen lots of threads about it, anyway.

As for myself, I don't do it. I just eat clean and work out regularly. Easier for me, but I know a few people who do IF and say that they've had good results.
  • jmatthews78
    jmatthews78 Posts: 14 Member
    I'd avoid such diets like the plague as they're not sustainable. Trust me, been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

Calories in needs to be less than calories out. All day, everyday until you reach your target weight. Then you go into maintenance. Enjoy your favourite foods just with smaller portions and don't worry if you go over one day because you go to a restaurant. You didn't gain weight overnight and you won't lose it overnight either. it's a lifestyle change.
    Good luck x
  • verityjane87
    verityjane87 Posts: 26 Member
    I thought that as well I thought hmmm is it just another fad diet lol x thanks guys
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Have a look in the two 5:2 groups and you will find more informed comment as well as people's actual results.
    Why people think eating in a different pattern is a fad is beyond me....
    Calories in / calories out over the course of a week instead of over the course of a day isn't really that radical or scary is it?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/12707-<span class=
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8628-5-2-diet
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    I guess you weren't really interested after all, so I won't waste my time. Good luck!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    I guess you weren't really interested after all, so I won't waste my time. Good luck!

^^^This

How did I lose weight on this fad??

Best fad for life I've ever followed :laugh:
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member

^^^This

[/
    quote]

Same here, best way of eating that l've ever tried and it IS sustainable, I'm living proof!
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    "Fad for life"... I love that flumi!

I've been eating the 5:2 way for 11 months and counting. Lost 80 lbs to date and reached my initial goal after 9½ months. For the last 6 weeks or so have been playing with levels in order to maintain - successfully. Fully enjoyed my Christmas, with all the usual parties etc. and yet was back to my pre-Christmas weight by January 3rd (3 fasts).

Believe what you want. If you try it, it'll work.
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Love the "Fad for Life.' Definitely using that!
  • splixi
    splixi Posts: 86 Member
    I would love to try this but i'm too scared to eat a normal amount of calories in any given day!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    I thought that as well I thought hmmm is it just another fad diet lol x thanks guys

I do not do IF, but it is not a "fad diet".

The cabbage soup diet - now THAT was a fad diet.

You need to try it for yourself and decide whether it is for you or not, rather than just take one person's word for it and dismiss it so quickly.
  • surreygirl23
    surreygirl23 Posts: 85 Member

^^^This

[/
    quote]

Same here, best way of eating that l've ever tried and it IS sustainable, I'm living proof!
    Well I think we all know it works guys!
    If a 'fad diet' is one where you eat the very best you can in order to get as much as you can out of 500 calories.
    If a 'fad diet' is one where you eat normally on 5 days of the week, reducing your intake on only 2.
    If a 'fad diet' is one which has been medically proven to reduce your body's cholesterol and insulin and lower your blood pressure.
    If a 'fad diet' is one which has been followed by countless peoples around the world for millennia …

But then again - you obviously know best...
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 503 Member
    OP has already moved on to another fad diet.
  • I'm doing the 5 2 diet, today was my first fasting day, went a little bit over ! But I found it ok.
  • dwbslp
    dwbslp Posts: 2 Member
    I've been on it for over 4 months. I've lost 23 pounds. I love this plan, it works really well for me.