smoothies

kikisalander
kikisalander Posts: 23 Member
What are some good fruit smoothie recipes that DON'T use yogurt? I feel like every one I come across has yogurt in it, and I can't (easily) eat it.

Replies

• Kassandra772
    Kassandra772 Posts: 52 Member
    Frozen berries, banana, shot of orange juice (or any non-concentrated juice) and a little water. I like yogurt but prefer not to have yogurt in my smoothies in the morning. :)
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    I never use yoghurt/milk/anything dairy and I make yummy smoothies!
    Basically I just throw a couple handfuls of fruit into the blender with a heap of baby spinach and some coconut water to thin it out. Best combos (I think!) are: blueberry/banana, apple/pear, or orange/pinapple. But you can mix and match whatever fruits you love most, they're all good! I freeze some of my fruit so I don't need to use ice cubes. Frozen banana makes it creamy, which negates the need for yoghurt. Apparently flax seeds will also do the job but I always forget to add them.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I never use dairy in my smoothies either. my "formula" is about 3-4 cups greens, one piece or 1/2 cup fruit, protein (powder) and fat (avo, nut butter, coconut something). the protein and fat make it more satisfying and "last" longer
  • DonaldChadDavis
    DonaldChadDavis Posts: 89 Member
    I'm having a Spinach Shake right now for breakfast. It is as follows:

3/4 cup unsweetened original almond milk
    1 scoop (31g) of French Vanilla Crème whey protein powder
    2 tbsp. natural peanut butter
    60g of banana
    3 cups baby spinach
    2 cups ice

Approx: 421 calories | 24g carbs | 19g fat | 36g protein | 421mg sodium | 6g fiber |
  • Research fruit glycemic index...an eye opener. I do like unsweetened Almond milk, baby spinach, egg whites and frozen peaches, cherries, blueberries or strawberries. Love to change it up with powdered Peanut butter (comes in a chocolate variety). At most I might use 1/2 banana. I put it all in the Vitamix and portion it out into three mason jars with plastic lids. Great for snack or before a meal to get my veggies in. You really need a low fat protein as part of small meals and snacks to feed your body and feed your hunger. Small meals through out the day will keep your metabolism burning and keep the hunger away.
  • kit2783
    kit2783 Posts: 12 Member
    I stick to 1/2 cup fruit, 1/2 cup baby spinach, about 8 oz vanilla almond milk and 2 tsp of chia seeds. Deeelish!
  • I make oatmeal smoothies using cold oatmeal, cinnamon, peanut butter, ice, some milk (or alternative), and a banana.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    8 blackberries fresh or frozen, 1 banana, 1 cup pomegranate green tea, 1/4 frozen spinach. and some ice (if you have frozen your berries and banana this isnt necessary)
    ^^ delicious!
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    I never use yoghurt in my smoothies.
    I put some fruit like banana, some greens like spinach, some almonds, oats or bran and some fruit that contains a lot of water like oranges or pineapple :)