P90 - without the X

msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Has anyone tried it? I've heard its pretty good, but it gets boring. A friend of mine ordered both P90 and P90X and has decided not to use them, and has offered to let me borrow them for awhile. Is it worth the time? Is it more cardio or strength oriented? I know P90X is all about lowering body fat%.

Replies

• msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Has anyone tried it? I've heard its pretty good, but it gets boring. A friend of mine ordered both P90 and P90X and has decided not to use them, and has offered to let me borrow them for awhile. Is it worth the time? Is it more cardio or strength oriented? I know P90X is all about lowering body fat%.
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    My husband and I have the P90X. It is a very hard workout!!! If you want a challenge, this is for you. You will sweat, and you will get a hard workout!!! If you are dedicated to transforming your body, this is what you want. It works on targeting certain muscles and it has 3 different programs to use for muscle confusion to keep your metabolism going. You pick the program you want to use for 90 days and it will tell you in what order to use the DVD's. It is not for someone who is not dedicated to it.
  • My boyfriend has P90x, its really hard, i've seen the infomercials for p90 and it looks like the classes i take at the gym. most of the steps and sets are the same routines as what i take at the gym. And if they are, they do work! Hey if you have the chance to try it do it! You never know. :happy:

72790.png
  • I love Power90! It is a great workout but I agree with Skittles6617 it is not for someone who is not dedicated to it. It is repetitive but it grows with you. It is challenging to those who are new to fitness and exercise and even for those who are not so new to fitness. Power 90 has 2 levels and so if the Cardio 1-2 DVD is to easy then try the Cardio 3-4.
  • I love Power 90 too! I had great results, lost over 20lbs and 9 inches in my first 90 Day. I would recommend it to anyone.

I have just started my P90X yesterday so I'm sure I will love that too.

Best of luck.
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    I am a P90X grad. Love, love love the program. Didn't find it boring as every day it is a different workout and it changes up after 4 weeks. Yes, it is tough, but you do see improvement and results. It is a 6 day a week program and takes 60-90 minutes. There are many modifications for different fitness levels.

Though I have not done P90 I have heard great things about it. Many people start with this and once they are comfortable they move on to the X.

If these programs are at your disposal, I would say go for it. What have you got to lose..... pounds and inches!! If you are determined and comitted, you will see results!
  • P90X literally saved my life find out how by reading this article in my local paper

http://www.sungazette.com/page/category.detail/nav/5007/Health.html

If you are looking for fast wieght loss or aren't already in good shape P90 is the best place to start.