MFP swimmers.

Figured I would start one of these since I didn't see one. I think the running and cycling groups are awesome, but I'm a swimmer at heart, so I wanted to see how many of us were out there and what we were doing to shed the poundage!!! I've been working back into shape - haven't really been serious about it since high school. My last workout was a 1600 total - 500 warm-up + backstroke work, 100s, and kick sets. 200 just to see if I could manage it. 100 warm down.

Replies

• bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Figured I would start one of these since I didn't see one. I think the running and cycling groups are awesome, but I'm a swimmer at heart, so I wanted to see how many of us were out there and what we were doing to shed the poundage!!! I've been working back into shape - haven't really been serious about it since high school. My last workout was a 1600 total - 500 warm-up + backstroke work, 100s, and kick sets. 200 just to see if I could manage it. 100 warm down.
  • tilly6277
    tilly6277 Posts: 202
    Oooh. I would LOVE to be a swimmer with you. I am a fish at heart! Used to be a lifeguard in the summer months and I really miss the inservice training of doing laps! I am hoping to get a membership to a club nearby this winter so that I have something to do while all of the sidewalks are covered with snow!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    oh oh me too me too! swimming was my first love, however I have been more into class aerobics lately because my hair has gotten so heavy in the water!
    I also used to lifeguard and was on the swimteam, so I'd love to be a part of this group!
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    I have seriously been thinking about picking this back up again. I started swimming when I was in 9&10, and made it (almost) all the way through high school... should have swam in college, but got too interested in partying and boys :ohwell:

anyway, I was recently at our outdoor pool with my son (he was taking lessons), and there was a big meet going on... I have to admit I paid more attention to the heats that were running than my son taking his lesson! It was a blast to watch.. took me back to the days of the 200 medley relay (I swam free and sometimes fly) and I loved the 100IM

I've 'heard' that swimming isn't a great way to lose weight, and I've never really understood that.. if only I could have my swimmers' body back..

so, the same pool where they had the meet has open swim lanes and I thought about getting my butt over there and swim a few laps... wonder if I could still do a 200?

I know I couldn't do the 25 50s on 60 we used to do! Our warmups used to be 200 Swim, 200 Kick, 200 Pull, 200 swim... Those were the days!!!!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    I love swimming!!! I was a competitive swimmer for 8 years and now i use that to compete in triathlons. I swim three times a week, bike twice and run almost everyday. I love swimming, did I mention that! Thanks for starting this!!! Swam today about 2500!