going out to eat

Options
Did you know that when you go out to eat, you are eating 3 portions. That is what a trainer said. When you order have them box 1/2 to go. Helps keep portion control.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Did you know that when you go out to eat, you are eating 3 portions. That is what a trainer said. When you order have them box 1/2 to go. Helps keep portion control.
  • jessjess
    Options
    Geez...I think of all those times I finished my salad, numerous breadsticks, entire meal AND dessert. :noway:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm trying to lose and I'm just scared to go out to eat.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Just go to a place that has nutritional info. I love the veggie wraps at PF Changs - fills me up for 420 calories. Just don't order the 2000+ calorie 7 layer cake. :tongue:
  • icandoit
    Options
    Yeah I'm trying to lose and I'm just scared to go out to eat.

I pulled up a post I did a while ago about key words when you go out to eat. It helps me.
    it menu watch words
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    When I started to look into calorie counts for restaraunt meals I started having a salad and splitting a meal with my husband, that usually works out to 1/3 for me and a lot for him! It works and it is cheaper too!
  • icandoit
    Options
    Watch out for those salad dressing.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I love left-overs (you have to when you grow up in a big family :laugh: ) so I look forward to saving a portion of my meal for lunch the following day. Not only am I enjoying my evening out with my son & husband, but I still get a little splurge for tomorrow! :wink:

At lunch time, I have a co-worker who is a bottomless pit. The guy is a twig and eats three bags of food from Wendy's! So I know he'll take anything I bring back to the office fridge when offered! Just be careful not to offer it to your fellow weight-loss driven co-workers. That temptation can be cruel.:drinker: