What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    I'm usually in a hurry during the week so probably 4 days a week I have a banana, energy bar and a few oz of juice. Often keep this to 400 calories or less. I don't subscribe to the theory of having breakfast as a heavy meal.

On the weekend, I'll go for oatmeal one day or waffle of something more substantial if I do a longer run.

A good treat is Casadian organic granola with strawberries and bananas.
  • craftykat12
    craftykat12 Posts: 50 Member
    protein bar & fruit, or Cereal & fruit, an I always drink 16oz of water after I eat. I have loss 69 lbs,
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    I don't.

Coffee, tea.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Fat-Free Greek Yogurt with blackberries or strawberries…..

High-five, fellow yogurt-and-fruit person!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Its 10:24am where I am and all I've had so far is 3.5ish litres of water, 40oz of coffee, 1 splwnda packet, and like 3oz of almond milk.

When I do eat, I'll be having 2 fried eggs and a hearty chicken sausage (*giggle*)

As others have said, if you don't want breakfast, don't eat it. It not the 'most important meal of the day' as some people preach
  • I don't eat breakfast. I'm never hungry in the mornings so my first meal, lunch, will be around noon or 1:00.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    I usually eat oatmeal -- sometimes with brown sugar and cinnamon, sometimes with sugar-free syrup, sometimes with sugar-free Coffeemate (my favorite way), and (in the summer) with Greek yogurt as overnight oatmeal.
    I didn't eat breakfast until after I saw a nutritionist several years ago. That was one of her BIGGIES. :-)
    Rarely do I skip breakfast. I'm not always hungry when I eat it (shortly after I get up), but I for me, it is an important way to not overeat at lunch time.
    Kaye
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Bread with mustard, cheese or meat and tomatoe (plus tomatoe salt)

8rjvl4n3.jpg

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140108/8rjvl4n3.jpg
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    So many ideas! Thanks!
  • missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    During the week I'll usually do one or two of the following:
    > Oatmeal
    > Banana oatmeal muffins
    > Yogurt parfait
    > Yogurt and a protein bar

On the weekend it's usually scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    This morning it's a Bel-Vita breakfast cookie, an apple and a hard boiled egg. Oh yeah and coffee. Gotta have the coffee.
  • fairygirlpie9
    fairygirlpie9 Posts: 288 Member
    I don't - the sooner I eat the more I want to eat. Don't normally have any food until around 12-1 pm.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Eat your biggest meal when it suits YOU. Don't pay attention to other people's "shoulds "....find your own. (Except the whole calorie deficit thing...that one is for real)
    For breakfast today I had banana pancakes....one ripe banana, one egg, one egg white, 1/4 cup oatmeal and a sprinkle of cinnamon, process smooth, cook. Four yummy pancakes! Many days I make pumpkin oatmeal, or I have a Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich...fast, easy, tasty!
  • rswalls
    rswalls Posts: 157 Member
    I just had 3 scrambled eggs and 5 pieces of bacon :-D
  • jakesauntie
    jakesauntie Posts: 1 Member
    Since losing weight, I don't eat cereals or anything sweet for breakfast now, much prefer my 2 slices of Nimble toast (no marg/butter), 1 poached egg, grilled mushrooms, tinned tomatoes and 1 Quorn sausage
  • JohnDowding
    JohnDowding Posts: 46 Member
    2 hard-boiled eggs, 2 strips bacon, 2 cups coffee, 1 banana. Convenient because I am lazy, and I can make a week's worth of eggs and bacon at one time, and fridge the rest.

My doctor insists on the banana, otherwise it's pretty low carb.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Nothing.
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    2 x butcher sausages
    2 x eggs
    2 x bacon

yum!

fat don't make ya fat :)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Porridge when Im good

When I am really good, 2 or 3 protions of VEG and a couple of eggs/steak/chicken breast

More often than not Coffee and a Muffin
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    It doesn't matter when or how much you eat at a time as long as you are under your calorie goal for the day. I typically eat 2 breakfasts - some egg whites and cheese before I work out and a yogurt parfait or egg sandwich on an English muffin after I work out. I'm hungry when I get up in the morning and need food in my stomach but not too much before I work out and then I'm hungry after my workout. That's just me and the way I do it. My biggest meal is usually dinner.