1000 miles in 2014

Replies

• jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    10.2 total miles walked. I'm at the 1% mark! I changed my goal in Runkeeper. I like how it shows your progress to total miles. Temps are going to single digits or below for the next few days so we'll see how it goes. I only log my walking outdoors.
  • Supadoopafly
    Supadoopafly Posts: 248 Member
    I quit doing new years resolutions but I still make goals for myself. Next year I am challenging myself to walk/run/hike 1000 miles over just normal walking around at work and home. I will be using run keeper to track my mileage with GPS and only counting exercise (planned) miles.

Anyone care to join me post up. I won't be updating every day but probably once a week or so.

This is a brilliant idea!!!!!! Good luck.

(you don't mind if I do something similar do you?)
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    I've set my goal for 650..... Maybe next year I'll aim for 1000!! Best of luck to you!!!

PS I use runkeeper too. Great tool
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    This might help get you even more motivated...

http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html

It's tracking your distance in terms of carrying the One Ring from the Shire all the way to Mordor. (Or if you're more into The Hobbit, I think there's now also tracking from the Shire to the Lonely Mountain.) :)
  • Blueapple222
    Blueapple222 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm in!
  • myprana
    myprana Posts: 66
    Yesterday marked the end of week one and I managed 30 miles. BUT I start a new job next week….it'll be a real commitment then to get those miles in.

How's everyone doing so far? Good, I hope!
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Yesterday marked the end of week one and I managed 30 miles. BUT I start a new job next week….it'll be a real commitment then to get those miles in.

How's everyone doing so far? Good, I hope!

Pretty good here :smile: According to my fitbit, I've 36 so far.
  • myprana
    myprana Posts: 66

That's freaking awesome! I can see how you managed to lose 70 lbs - pure dedication!
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57

That's freaking awesome! I can see how you managed to lose 70 lbs - pure dedication!

Thanks.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    20.36 since the 1st.

A little behind plan, but I took a couple days off after the "Holiday Streak".
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member

exercise.png

As of last night =)
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    I'm at 19.8 miles outdoor walking nearly 2%. Love this goal!!

Someone friend me on runkeeper:
    jojoboxing

I have only had some random people friending me though one is surprisingly very encouraging.
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    I'm at 24.4 so far...a little behind schedule but not too bad.
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    40.8 miles down.
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Sure why not? I keep a running log and I completed 1,146.2 miles in 2013. Will be a lick of cake to complete 1000 miles in 2014.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Everyone is welcome even bicyclists :-) It works out to be 83.3 miles per month. I did 100 in October 80 something in November and with my mom passing and the holidays I only have 76 for December. I really hope to get over 1200 miles but wanted to set a realistic goal for myself.

20 of my miles will hopefully be with an 11,000 foot elevation gain on the cactus to clouds hike to the peak of Mt.San Jacinto.

Sorry to hear about your mom :cry: *hugs*

I'm doing a similar challenge with a group of people on my FL, I've got 28 miles so far. Good luck to everyone going for it!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Okay - I'm in - might be lofty for me but I will give it a whirl :bigsmile:
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    38.21 Still a bit behind.
  • I am definitely in. I'm 33 and weigh 295 lbs and I started many plans but never stuck to them. Some sense kicked in and I resolved to start walking and eating better to lose weight this year. Made a plan to do at least 10 kms a day and I've been walking since January 1st. This time I definitely don't want to give up somewhere in the middle and go back to my usual ways. I'm trying to walk (can't run just yet, planning to check out C25K later next month) at least 10 kms a day (6.2 miles) and have hit 167 kms (100 miles) so far. It's been three weeks now and I'd love to keep at it any way I can. I'm tracking through Nike+ .

The LotR walk link was really cool (although a bit daunting) :)
  • GenoPrice
    GenoPrice Posts: 477 Member
    I'm in for this.

Going to log running and cycling separate.

Totals so far this year:

Running:- 24 Cycle:- 66