I'm a vacation success story!

teetsel4
teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
The past four weeks I thought were going to be a challenge, but instead it was a breeze and sooooo much fun! And I even lost two pounds!

I have been camping, going to a cabin, hanging out with friends, drinking, eating, and whooping it up. However...... through it all I kept my head on my shoulders. I always brought healthy food with me where ever I went and made the best choices when I wasn't incontrol of the food prep. I hiked, ran and rode bikes. It has been one of the most fun summers I have had in a long time. I used to think that I would never love living a healthy lifestyle. But instead I find it to be more enjoyable. Anyhow, just thought I'd share.

:drinker:

Replies

• teetsel4
    The past four weeks I thought were going to be a challenge, but instead it was a breeze and sooooo much fun! And I even lost two pounds!

I have been camping, going to a cabin, hanging out with friends, drinking, eating, and whooping it up. However...... through it all I kept my head on my shoulders. I always brought healthy food with me where ever I went and made the best choices when I wasn't incontrol of the food prep. I hiked, ran and rode bikes. It has been one of the most fun summers I have had in a long time. I used to think that I would never love living a healthy lifestyle. But instead I find it to be more enjoyable. Anyhow, just thought I'd share.

:drinker:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Woohoo! Now THAT'S what we're talkin' about!! Good for you :bigsmile:
  • kellbell
    kellbell Posts: 145 Member
    Now you know you can keep up the good work.....all while having some fun too!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats!

~Kell :drinker:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Hey there! I just got back from California last night, and I consider it a success that I lived at Trader Joe's and only gained 4 pounds back!!!!

Congrats.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    That's GREAT!!!! I just got back last night, and was too afraid to weigh in today (I drank a lot of margaritas, and enjoyed the salt on every one!)... I hope I have success like you!

Congrats on a job well done from the very beginning!
    :flowerforyou:

Hey Beep - where were you in California? My hubby and I were in San Diego and LOVED every minute!
    :smile: :tongue:
  • teetsel4
    Hey there! I just got back from California last night, and I consider it a success that I lived at Trader Joe's and only gained 4 pounds back!!!!

Congrats.

I love:love: Trader Joes!
  • dmor
    dmor Posts: 33
    Thanks for sharing. I posted the other day how vacations were one of my main downfalls. This is very inspiring.

dmor

http://www.dk-trainingjournal.blogspot.com/
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Yes, hmmm Trader Joe's...... next to Nutella, the Trader Joe's Belgium Chocolate with almond bars are my downfall.............. Guess I'm lucky we don't have one here in Houston (yet.):laugh:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    wow so there is hope that when i go away in 7 weeks for a 6week holiday i may not ruin all the hard work i have done although between mom and i we should be ok and will just take food with us picnics everywhere we go ill have to write a list of things i get here and hope we can get them over in australia

thanks for the insperation
  • laurie49120
    laurie49120 Posts: 21 Member
    Last week, I went on a 10 day vacation, a cruise from New Orleans to Mexico. It was actually easier than being at home with having more healthy choices available. Plus no cooking. I lost 5 lbs. in the 10 days on vacation. Try Carnival Cruise lines...their portion sizes are very small! :noway:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Last week, I went on a 10 day vacation, a cruise from New Orleans to Mexico. It was actually easier than being at home with having more healthy choices available. Plus no cooking. I lost 5 lbs. in the 10 days on vacation. Try Carnival Cruise lines...their portion sizes are very small! :noway:

THAT'S AMAZING!!! Good work on turning a fun cruise into a great success!!! We'll have to try Carnival next time! (Btw... that beach looks so beautiful!!!)
    :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!