If you were born in the 60s and need a buddy?

Replies

• bdtempleton
    bdtempleton Posts: 1 Member
    1960 here! I have been on this plan for since August of 2013 and lost 21 lbs. I would like to lose another 40. I must admit I have really slipped over the holidays and my exercise plan got derailed. I gained back only 2 pounds and I would like to get back on track before it gets worse.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    1965 here!! I am always looking for new friends. Joined MFP a couple years ago. Did really well, then life happened. Anyway, I gained back all my weight and then some. I'm ready to live life for me!! I'll be 50 in a couple years and I will be in the best shape of my life. I'd like to lose about 40 lbs. Feel fee to add me.
  • jerilynn529
    jerilynn529 Posts: 7 Member
    1967....I need serious motivation. I want to drop 70lbs. My starting weight is 198lbs. I'm only 5'5" tall so this is not a good look for me. 2 years ago I was 20lbs to my goal and my world fell apart and I have been on the coach ever since. I'm tired of being fat and I am making a change today!!! I initial lost my weight on a slow carb diet. This time I want to go full on with a ketogenic diet. I could use some best practices if anyone is doing the same diet.
  • HI--1964 here.
    I turn 50 next month!
    I would like to lose about 15-20 pounds and am really enjoying being on MFP. Feel free to add me. I'll be on this journey for the rest of my life :smile:
  • Hi, I'm 1970 and feel like I have a lot in common with this thread! I lost 25 pounds on weight watchers, have been off it for 18 months, and gained it all back! It seems like if I'm not actively trying to lose weight I just keep gaining.....another month, another pound....so frustrating! Please feel free to add me as a friend and if anyone knows how to make a group I think all of the responders here would make a great group! I created an account here last year but did not do anything with it. I have just been active for the last 5 days here and plan to stay on....looking for friends!
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    1967 HOLLA!!!

Okay I am on day 2 of back at the battle. I was here last April or so and did great. I was losing weight, smaller clothes, working out. Doing what needed to be done.

Then BAM!! My best friend of 20 years died of colon cancer. I just could not get a grip on life. I was so sad, lost and depressed. I still miss her terribly. But I know I have to start taking care of me.

So I am here a lot through out the day.

Feel free to add me.
  • anname9203
    anname9203 Posts: 49 Member
    I do tend to struggle on the weekends as well and not make as good of choices as I do during the week. I don't have as much structure and have more time at home which leads to me sometimes not choosing the best things to eat. When I go to work I pack my lunch and snacks so it is more controlled and less available!
  • Dawnms1
    Dawnms1 Posts: 3 Member
    1968 here. It sure would be nice to have some friends and support. A year ago I told my Dr that I was sure there was something wrong with my thyroid he however disagrees sooooo I guess its just me needing to eat better and work harder. My goal is to lose about 30-40 lbs to be healthier for myself and my 5 year old granddaughter. I have used the app on my phone for logging my food but haven't really visited this area before. Please feel free to add me!
  • runmacs
    runmacs Posts: 3 Member
    1967 here too!
    Sounds like so many of us have taken this journey before...
    may 2014 start the end of the cycling!!
    I am half way to my goal- down 35 and about 30 to go.
    I have been lurking on the site for a couple of months but have decided to get more involved instead of just watching everyone.
    Would love to have the support.
    I am a shift worker- a nurse- so weekends don't really exist per se for me- but my working days bring the most temptation. Especially night shifts and fatigue- I could eat anything that is not tied down.
  • kimgailmarie47
    kimgailmarie47 Posts: 6 Member
    67er here have 75lbs to lose and looking for buddies to keep me motivated. Just starting my journey we can do it together.
  • Katyohara
    Katyohara Posts: 6 Member
    Born 1964, and also need support
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Feel free to add me , I was born in 1961 - Not sure where I want to be weight wise , i just picked a number out of a hat but I to like a little weight in the trunk lol
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    1964 here. Yep big 50 this year!

However, after joining mfp exactly 1 year ago, I'm so excited to be moving to the next stage of my life. I've lost the weight, I'm fitter than I was in my 30's, my kids are as good as independent, so I've more time for ME.

I've already got some super, long standing mfp friends, who have been fantastic support to me and now I'd love to have some new friends.

Feel free to add me.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    64er here... Will be 50 in October...Would like to lose 50 by my 50th.... Feel free to add me.. Would love support...
  • Born in 1962...and I am with you! We need to help each other and get this done! Enough of this yoyo dieting!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Karen, 1962 child here. Live in Australia (well Tasmania actually) and I'd love some similar aged pals.

Have been in maintaining for over a year.....that is a journey in and of itself.

Lost 167 lbs and have some health problems that have thrown me a curve ball this last year.

Cheers to OP and all repliers.
  • djgreen1968
    djgreen1968 Posts: 35 Member
    Hi, My name is Dawn, and I was born in 1968. I'm trying to lose 60 pounds using the LCHF diet. I'm on day 13, and I have lost 4 pounds so far. My appetite is lowered and I feel quite good. I'm still trying to figure out this site. lol
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    To all of you who are 50+ or almost 50, there is a great forum called women 50+ or something like that. I have never met another group like them. It's open, all you have to do is post.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,988 Member
    1963 here.i love mfp joined in july 2010 and have lost 115 lbs, I have been at maintaince for awhile, feel free to add me I would love some healthy friends my age
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Hi, I'm 1970 and feel like I have a lot in common with this thread! I lost 25 pounds on weight watchers, have been off it for 18 months, and gained it all back! It seems like if I'm not actively trying to lose weight I just keep gaining.....another month, another pound....so frustrating! Please feel free to add me as a friend and if anyone knows how to make a group I think all of the responders here would make a great group! I created an account here last year but did not do anything with it. I have just been active for the last 5 days here and plan to stay on....looking for friends!

The group sounds like a good idea - no offence to the poster that suggested the 50s plus ladies group - but what about the blokes?