I give up

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
I am so done with it!!!! And fed up:explode:

Basically I've been trying to get down one simple size for far too long. I don't know what's got my goat today, maybe because I just realized my baby has just turned seven months and I'm still trying to get down to lose that last bit of baby fat or what but I've never felt so bad like giving up in my life.

Also last week I barely ate anything, because of my wisdom teeth, and I wasn't trying to lose weight by starving myself but I stupidly expected some kind of loss. So today I get on the scales (second stupid play of the day) and it had me up 4 lbs. GRRRR.

If you look at my profile it looks like I've accomplished something but not really, when I started on this website I weighed 180 and now sit at 170, and that's since March, but I've been trying since January, after I had the baby. The most frustrating part of it all is before I got pregnant I had went from 220 - 160 lbs. And it came off rather easily by just using portion control and excersising. Now all I want is to get back in my size 12's before the fall so that I don't have to go buy a new wardrobe when I have perfectly good clothing sitting in my closet. And it is sooooo much harder this time.
Sorry for the negativity:cry: but I just feel like throwing in the towel.....I am in such a mood :(

Replies

• peej76
    I am so done with it!!!! And fed up:explode:

Basically I've been trying to get down one simple size for far too long. I don't know what's got my goat today, maybe because I just realized my baby has just turned seven months and I'm still trying to get down to lose that last bit of baby fat or what but I've never felt so bad like giving up in my life.

Also last week I barely ate anything, because of my wisdom teeth, and I wasn't trying to lose weight by starving myself but I stupidly expected some kind of loss. So today I get on the scales (second stupid play of the day) and it had me up 4 lbs. GRRRR.

If you look at my profile it looks like I've accomplished something but not really, when I started on this website I weighed 180 and now sit at 170, and that's since March, but I've been trying since January, after I had the baby. The most frustrating part of it all is before I got pregnant I had went from 220 - 160 lbs. And it came off rather easily by just using portion control and excersising. Now all I want is to get back in my size 12's before the fall so that I don't have to go buy a new wardrobe when I have perfectly good clothing sitting in my closet. And it is sooooo much harder this time.
    Sorry for the negativity:cry: but I just feel like throwing in the towel.....I am in such a mood :(
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    You have plenty of time to do it. To be honest, 10 lbs is a lot to be proud of- congrats! And the rest will come but that last bit can be hard. Patience and persistence help but so does have enough calories for your body to release the weight. Are you doing any weights at all?? That would be a big help for sure and just anything that mixes things up and challenges your body. You may want to add an extra 100 cal and mix things up a bit and see if that jump starts your body.

Hang in there- we all go through this but really there isnt any where to "give up" to,right? This is a healthy lifestyle we are all making so dont give up now- you are close to a break through!!!

I say this to you because I have to keep reminding myself as well. I am also working on the last 10!
  • Juliebean
    Juliebean Posts: 317
    You absolutely cannot give up. Think of all the hard work that you have already put in. Do you really want all the days of suffering to be for nothing?! :noway:

You're "up 4 lbs" because your body didn't know what to do last week. Weigh yourself tomorrow. I bet you money it reads a different number. Just keep doing what you're doing. You WILL get there eventually. :flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Dont give up just yet...because you just had your wisdom teeth pulled you probably weren't eating or drinking enough....which can make your body actually retain fluid,....even 4 lbs..sometimes I can retain up to seven or eight pounds..its crazy! I think you are doing a great job so don't give up! I remember when I first started with this site I just wasn't seeing the lbs come off....and then all of a sudden out of nowhere I finally started loosing weight....give it time..it WILL happen!
  • For the past week, I had the same attitude actually. I felt like I had exhausted all methods of losing weight and my patience just wasn't having it anymore. I avoided this site because I know of the accountability it offers and just had enough. And then something CLICKED.

I took one deep long stare in the mirror. I realized 100lbs later and now throw it all away? To deter a year of hard work just because I let personal things subside my goals and motivation? No way!

We're all human, we carry our flaws and days like this will come and go. We just wipe the dust off our shoulders and go at it one day at a time!!! Best wishes towards you.
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    not eating for about a week will shock your system into storing fat that would easily explain your gain, i realize this was out of your control due to you teeth.
    Be positive tomorrow is another day, they say the last 10 is harder than the first 50 sometimes.
    you will get there one step at a time.
  • Whatever you do don't give up. It will happen. My son is 3 1/2 and I am just now getting the weight off after trying for 3 years. Mixing up your workout (try cross training) will definitely give your metabolism a boost and you will see the weight come off. Also, make sure you are not only watching calorie intake but balance your carbs, fat and protein because too much or too little of these can keep you from losing the weight as well. Keep your chin up!!!!! You can do it!!!:flowerforyou:
    48687.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    I am with you. I feel the same way. I roughly lost 10-12 pounds-it fluctuates- and I am stuck in the same rut. There are times I feel like giving up and it is not just my eating habits. Life can be depressing at times. In my case anymore, more depressing than usual. I guess I am in one of those moods myself! I haven't been able to walk--work, work, work and I am helping out with vacation bible school this week. No time for exercise :cry: Boy, can I tell! I feel really bloated.

Hang in there. You can do it!! :happy:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    You should not give up. This is your health at stake, and you do not want to be a new Mom and sick.
    I venture a guess that a lot of things are happening here dear.
    1) YOU ARE A NEW MOM! Even though you have passed the 7 month mark you are still able to get Post Pardiam Depression. (Sorry for miss spelling if I did miss spell it.)
    2) You had Teeth worked on? Really? SO what drug did your Dr. give you? I can not TELL you how many pain relives that are given by a Dr cause Weight gain!
    3) What you had one day to eat can cause water retention and THAT shows on the scale like NO bodies BUSINESS!
    4) You are not a HollyWood starlette, and unless you have the time to work out for 7 hours a day it is going to take you a TAD longer to lose the "BABY FAT" then it does the Rich and Famous.
    5) 7 months is NOTHING in the grand sceam of things. Look more on this as prepareing for a HUGE wedding. I mean a BIG AFFAIRE, not a trip to Vegas. There is not WAY you could have a lavish event in 7 months. a Year maybe, but sometimes more often then not a year and a 1/2.
    6) You did not gain the weight over night, you will not lose it over night... Try a cleasing diet (Meaning ONLY FRUIT AND VEGGIES Raw preferbly, cooked if you must. Lots of Water, NO SALT ) for a day and weigh yourself the next and see the flucuation. I picture 2 to 4 pounds difference...
    All in all as stated before, One step at a time dear, and We are all here with you and for you!
    --Diann...
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    I am in the same boat, I feel like sitting down and crying. I was 138 lbs before I got prego with my first son. 2 years after he was born I sat at 152, then I got pregnant again, my wieght went to 190, and I have been proud that I succesfully got back to the 152 this time, but I have not lost anymore. I started a job cleaning commercially and it intially let me lose 2 lbs in about 4 days and then that has been it. I expected to get over the plateau with this job and I haven't. I feel so disgusted when I dont eat like I should, and I am obsessed with seeing instant results on my scale. I alsop feel so sick of seeing everyone else indulge in a brownie or 3 and 5 pieces of pizza, and not being able to. I have been doing this since February and I have had some real good weeks, but the last 2 months have kicked my butt. How do we get past these "ruts"?? Although I am not sure that is a strong enough word :cry:
  • troyjill44
    troyjill44 Posts: 31
    Don't give up- You will be so mad at yourself if you do! Remember how great you felt when you started meeting your goals? You can do it, it just takes time. Remember, it takes a long time to put it on and just as long to take it off. My son is five and I am finally at my prepregnancy weight! You can do it.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Choose success and you will meet it just around the next corner.

Hang in there!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Dont give up! I did after my first baby, lost 40lbs just to get pregnant with baby number two and now my baby just turned 10 and the other one is almost 14 and I regret not doing what I should have done all those years ago.

Life with kids throws you a lot of curve balls, I worked after baby 2 and had to be at work at 4am and as manager I was usually there for 10 hours or more, tired and not eating right and I look back and I could have made different choices, instead I maintained my pregnancy weight..ugh :noway:

Your body changes and along with lifes moments weight doesn't come off as easy. Make time for you and dont let this plateau or bump keep you from moving forward or those size 12's will get wasted. Now get up and start doing for you because it will benefit your entire family for mommy to be healthy and happy! :wink:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Dont give up :flowerforyou: I have been on a plateau for 6 weeks now and last week I could not exercise because it rained all week. I got really depressed over the week end and ate things I know I should not have. But I am not giving up I am changing everything up more exercise the foods I eat and hopefully will loose my Monday my next weigh in. You can do this.
  • peej76
    Thanks all!! I'm also frustrated because I can't do any intense cardio, because it hurts my teeth yet. Plus now I have delayed paralysis, I can't feel anything from the right side bottom, like jaw, teeth, lip and chin, so even though I am craving some crunchy raw veggies I can't even eat them because I can't bite into anything. The dentist says that this unfortunately could be permanent, I know I'll get used to it, but I want some carrot, celery sticks and I can't. I never thought I would take veggies for granted but I guess I did!lol!!

Of course I'm not going to give up, that would be a waste to just sit around eating junk all day, but it's hard to stay positive!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    You can do this hun!

I've been holdin on to baby weight and my kiddo is gonna be 6 in Sept. HAHA!
    Relax, you jumped right in to weight loss after having your tiny it sounds like and you gotta remember all those hormones are kickin around and causin some chaos still.

I am sorry about the chewing issue, especially if it's permanent, that would not be fun. Hopefully it is temporary though.

Maybe try some type of pilates/stretch workouts for a while as you mend. You'll still be getting a workout but not jarring around so it hurts.
  • peej76
    You can do this hun!

Relax, you jumped right in to weight loss after having your tiny it sounds like and you gotta remember all those hormones are kickin around and causin some chaos still.

I am sorry about the chewing issue, especially if it's permanent, that would not be fun. Hopefully it is temporary though.

Maybe try some type of pilates/stretch workouts for a while as you mend. You'll still be getting a workout but not jarring around so it hurts.
    I've been walking, so that's been okay, but I had just started jogging and upping my cardio, so it just sucks that I have to take a break for a bit. I guess maybe I shoulda just watched what I ate while pregnant lol, but I was one of those, I lost weight before I'll do it again, and because it was relatively easy, I didn't stop to think that it wouldn't always be that way.....thanks for the support, noone can understand like another mom!! Thanks everyone, mood is slightly getting better!!!!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    You can do this hun!

I've been walking, so that's been okay, but I had just started jogging and upping my cardio, so it just sucks that I have to take a break for a bit. I guess maybe I shoulda just watched what I ate while pregnant lol, but I was one of those, I lost weight before I'll do it again, and because it was relatively easy, I didn't stop to think that it wouldn't always be that way.....thanks for the support, noone can understand like another mom!! Thanks everyone, mood is slightly getting better!!!!

Good, I was drowning my bad mood in M&m's (other post).
    It does suck to get to a point and then have stuff interfere. I have teacher meetings tomorrow and it messes with my workouts, which makes me snarky cause I just got to the whole pouring sweat phase.....and now I have to put it on hold 2 days. Ugh.

I am here to support ya....