What book(s) are you currently reading?

Replies

• Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien (im slightly obsessed with middle earth) haha
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    'Swim, Bike, Run' - story of The Brownlee Brother (Triathletes)
    'The Universe versus Alex Woods' - Gavin Extence
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    It Starts With Food by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig & am following their food regime for 30 days to get rid of body inflamation, rashes, headaches & a few pounds!
  • wendy_j441
    wendy_j441 Posts: 35 Member
    The darkest series...Gena Showalter
  • jesyfm
    jesyfm Posts: 20 Member
    I'm an English student, so I'm always reading! Right now, I'm reading...er.. Peter Pan! I've just finished reading Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk. He's one of my favourite authors, he wrote Fight Club, problem is I keep reading his books in Edward Norton's voice...
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm currently reading "Your Money or Your Life" by Vicki Robin and Joe Dominguez. It's really putting things into perspective about what I am doing with my life and what I still want to achieve.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Just read the best of me by nicholas sparks and its sad
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Thanks OP for starting this topic! I've made a list of books that I want to read.

Currently I'm reading Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power by Jon Meacham, it's an excellent book! I'm listening to Silent Partner by Jonathan Kellerman on my drive to work.

I see lots of people mentioning The Book Thief. Our book club is reading that some time this year (don't remember what month) and I'm looking forward to it!
  • I'm reading In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust. I set myself the challenge to read it because it's apparently the longest book. I'm kind of regretting it now, lol.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    The Great Bridge by David McCullough (it's about the building of the Brooklyn Bridge, enginerd checking in)
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    David & Goliath - Malcolm Gladwell

Recently finished (in the past week):
    Mindset - Carol S. Dweck
    Seven Strategies for Wealth & Happiness - Jim Rohn
  • amlygo
    amlygo Posts: 126 Member
    From a Buick 8 by Stephen King. It's ok so far but last year I read 11/22/63 and Under the Dome by King and those were 2 of my favorite books I read last year. I just finished reading all the Time Quintet and O'Keefe family books by Madeline L'Engle which I really enjoyed.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    i'm currently reading "a dance with dragons"
  • SgtZabka
    SgtZabka Posts: 74 Member
    problem is I keep reading his books in Edward Norton's voice...

Haha I know right! I also picture Edward Norton as the main character almost all the time
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    The Lord of the Rings trilogy--after seeing the second Hobbit movie, I wanted to see what really happened in the books! Love the movies. Loving the book!
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    I decided that I need to read more. So? I bought the entire Game of Thrones series for my kindle when it was on sale before Christmas, lol. The thing come all together in one file, so I could probably read for a month and be at like 4% done, lol.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    The Gargoyle and the New Rules of Weightlifting for Women.....
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    SHOGUN by James Clavell
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    I am reading Emperor of Thrones by Mark Lawerence. It is book three in the series and is very good but very dark.
  • SgtZabka
    SgtZabka Posts: 74 Member
    The Lord of the Rings trilogy--after seeing the second Hobbit movie, I wanted to see what really happened in the books! Love the movies. Loving the book!

Not trying to criticize, but wouldn't be better to read the Hobbit? :tongue: