my husband

my hsuband and i have dieted together b4 i feel it would better if we dieted together its easier that way.. last time we dieted together he went from 240 to 208 just by staying away from mountaindew and drinking diet dr pepper,, we also counteddcalories,, it was great.. now he wont start he has gained all :grumble: of his weight back //
i never lost much i think my metobolism is low or something,, any ideas how to get him motivated to come to this site and diet with me????:sad:

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    my hsuband and i have dieted together b4 i feel it would better if we dieted together its easier that way.. last time we dieted together he went from 240 to 208 just by staying away from mountaindew and drinking diet dr pepper,, we also counteddcalories,, it was great.. now he wont start he has gained all :grumble: of his weight back //
    i never lost much i think my metobolism is low or something,, any ideas how to get him motivated to come to this site and diet with me????:sad:
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206

Hmm...that's a tricky one. Men can be stubborn! :wink: Maybe you can just lead by example. Start your diet and keeping track on the site. When he notices your weight loss show him how you have been doing it. Maybe it will inspire him to start as well. Good Luck!
  • Hi guys, I am new to this site, not new to dieting; but hey, all the psychologists tell us don't call it that.
    I am a guy, I have been married 28 years, she is awesome, and she is petite. She doesn't have a clue to how hard this is.

Your response; I will paraphrase Dr. Laura; radio talk show hostess; Men are simple creatures, all they need is Sex, Food, and a good ego stroking from time to time. I would agree with that. Tell Hubby for every extra 5 pounds he looses, he gets a little 'something nice' from his sweet heart. Drag him to events where you have to walk; offer to go to sports shows in your area, camping shows, a major outdoor and hunting store, what ever, get him up and motivated. Motivation comes from taking the first step of activity.
  • jenken99
    :bigsmile: thanks i will try that
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Just hold out on him until you can see abdominal definition.

(Dr. Laura comment withheld.)
  • jenken99
    that would be hard for me i might have to wait a while on that one,, :laugh: :sad:
  • My husband is always on a diet whenever I am as I make him the same low fat healthy food as I am having and he never even notices!! But then he does eat sweets and chocs all the time...annoyingly he is very fit due to playing football and never seems to put onweight...life is so unfair!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    My husband is one of those eat everything in sight and never gain a pound people, I hate it! But he doesn't eat healthy so I have found that since I do the grocery shopping if I only stock healthier items in the house he eventually started eatting healthier or he had to go to the store and get it himself!
  • Best motivation to gain back your curb appeal is to see your wife (a girl) kicking your *kitten* and having other guys checking her out. You stay strong to yourself, be healthy for yourself and he will either sink or swim.
    You may love him but you need push yourself for yourself not him. I'd also think about getting some couples counseling and maybe that will help him to get some help for himself and help him to find the reasons for his over eating and lack of motivation.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yep, I agree with sparticus. Just beat him at something "a little"
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I agree with Sparticus too, Men are naturally competitors.
    If they think there is a challenge involved, then they are all for it.
    And I do not care how unlike other men you think your guy is.
    Even the book worm scientific guys have the "MUST WIN COMETITION" gene in them.
    Now, you are right, if you are trying to lose MORE weight then him, unless he is not trying to compete with you, as a girl chances are that you will not lose near as much weight as him.
    Testosterone and extra metabolism in men makes them burn calories at twice the rate of women.
    NOT FAIR! but true. :angry:
    Which is why as much as I love biggest loser, until they split it off to the women challenge and the men challenge, a women will NEVER win Biggest loser. She might come CLOSE! but the odds are stacked against us.
    :grumble:
    --Diann...