My Body Revolution Results!

sajero2
sajero2 Posts: 47 Member
Well, never thought I'd commit to working out 6 days a week for 3 months but I did it! I am very happy with my results from this program. I still have a long way to go on my body, but this is a great start from my highest weight at the beginning of the program.

It should be noted that I did NOT follow her recommended calories or meal plan at all (I don't believe in eating such a low-calorie diet, so I ate about 1500-1600 calories a day), I did NOT follow the kickstart plan which was an ever lower calorie diet and doing two-a-day workouts, and I really didn't do other exercise beyond walking my dog or sometimes doing another workout video on my rest day (30 minutes or less).

Keep in mind I did this program October through December, which included my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, a road trip, Christmas, all of the holiday/office parties and lunches, etc.! So all in all, I am happy with these results.

Here are my results (I am 5'6.5" for what it's worth):

(Shown as Start — After Phase 1 — After Phase 2 — After Phase 3)

Weight = 163.4 — 158.8 — 153.8 — 146.4 TOTAL = 17 LBS
Body Fat = unknown — 29.1 — 27.9 — 26.2 TOTAL = 2.9%
Upper Chest = 37 — 36.5 —36 — 35.5 TOTAL = 1.5"
Bust = 38.25 — 37.25 — 36 — 36 TOTAL = 2.25"
Midriff = 34.5 — 34 — 31.75 — 31 TOTAL = 3.5"
Upper Left Arm = 13 — 13 — 12 — 11.5 TOTAL = 1.5"
Waist = 34.5 — 32 — 30.25 — 29.5 TOTAL = 5"
Upper Hip = 39.5 — 36.25 — 35.75 — 33.75 TOTAL = 5.75"
Lower Hip = 44 — 43 — 40.75 — 39 TOTAL = 5"
Upper Left Thigh = 28 — 27.5 — 26.75 — 25.25 TOTAL = 2.75"
Left Calf = 15 — 14.5 — 14.5 — 14 TOTAL = 1"
Dress Size = 10/12 depending on the brand — 8 — 8 — loose 8 (can put 6 on but tight)

As you can see, I lost the most around my waist and hips, which is by far my biggest problem area. I still need to lose a lot more in those areas, but this is a nice start.

I think measuring is SO important. I am really learning how the scale does not tell the whole story.

I wasn't going to include my photos, for one because they're embarrassing but mainly because they are terrible. I learned I needed to clean my mirror and try to be consistent with how I'm standing, etc., but I know I like to see pictures so I will put them here anyway.

Please excuse the white blobs; covering my personalized phone case for privacy reasons.

d194d0f4-7e1a-43eb-ad45-63e181704138_zps28b19a56.jpg

beforeafter_side_zpse6ffa2b6.jpg

So those are my results! I really recommend this program. I have never felt so strong. I would improve day to day; it is really amazing. I am doing Ripped in 30 starting tomorrow to take a break from Body Revolution, but I will for sure do the program again in the future.

Replies

• greatmom2
    greatmom2 Posts: 95 Member
    Fantastic results!! What a difference!! I have been trying to decide whether or not to go for it and do JMBR (I've tried to begin a few times unsuccessfully), and I think I will definitely try to start and stick to it! I hope that I am able to achieve as great of results as you did! I have about 25 lbs still to lose (give or take a few) so I definitely need something that I can stick to and get results from. There is no way I would be able to stick to her diet either so I will definitely be around the 1300-1400 calorie per day mark! :) Thank you for sharing!!
  • sajero2
    Fantastic results!! What a difference!! I have been trying to decide whether or not to go for it and do JMBR (I've tried to begin a few times unsuccessfully), and I think I will definitely try to start and stick to it! I hope that I am able to achieve as great of results as you did! I have about 25 lbs still to lose (give or take a few) so I definitely need something that I can stick to and get results from. There is no way I would be able to stick to her diet either so I will definitely be around the 1300-1400 calorie per day mark! :) Thank you for sharing!!

For what it's worth, in Phase 3, when my calorie counts were much higher and I had several days of holiday parties and meals, I lost a lot more! I think eating more to fuel your body is definitely the way to go. When I ate less I lost a lot less.
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Nice Results!
  • sajero2
    Thank you, All4Tris!
  • EV1108
    EV1108 Posts: 13 Member
    Congrats! Amazing results
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Well done! Great success and I love your attitude. Holidays, Birthdays, etc are a part of life and kudos to you for being able to participate and enjoy yourself, and STILL lose weight! Seems like you caught the Jillian bug! Check out my profile - I list all the DVD's I do of hers. I haven't met one I don't like yet!
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Wow! The pics really depict your success. There's a huge difference! I love Body Revolution. I keep coming back to it. They're such great, short workouts!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Wow! The pics really depict your success. There's a huge difference! I love Body Revolution. I keep coming back to it. They're such great, short workouts!

I agree with this completely!!!
    You've achieved fantastic results! Congrats!
    I've done the workout 3-4 times and have increased the weight and intensity each time. Tightens everything up. During the past four weeks, I've been doing a "lightning" version--changing the workouts each week instead of every two weeks!!! I'm on my fifth week, doing w/o's 9&10--followed by cardio!
    Enjoy...and wishes for your continued success!
  • Chelfit
    Chelfit Posts: 36 Member

I agree with this completely!!!
    You've achieved fantastic results! Congrats!
    I've done the workout 3-4 times and have increased the weight and intensity each time. Tightens everything up. During the past four weeks, I've been doing a "lightning" version--changing the workouts each week instead of every two weeks!!! I'm on my fifth week, doing w/o's 9&10--followed by cardio!
    Enjoy...and wishes for your continued success!

SJackson, how have you progressed your weights for JMBR? How heavy?
  • sajero2
    Thanks so much, everyone!
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member

SJackson, how have you progressed your weights for JMBR? How heavy?

I started with a 3/5/8 set; then purchased 10s, then 12s; I am now using typically 10/12/15 and sometimes 18 on some back exercises. And honey, it does not get easier!

Again, you look fantastic...great results.
  • sajero2
    Wow, that's AWESOME you can use such heavy weights! I'm onto Ripped in 30 now and am still using the 3s occasionally! Go you! :)
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Amazing! Way to go!