• misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Great info
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    This was an awesome thread to resurrect! :drinker:
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    i agree, great thread and I constantly need to hear or read this.
  • Great article. I did wonder why there wasn't a noticeable difference after I had lost some pounds. I do feel better and my body feels tighter. I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Thanks.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Great post! Feathers and gold. Really nice.

I gave up the scale and use jeans instead. I know I weigh a lot now. Probably near to where I started, but it's made up of Greek yoghurt and 100s of hours of weightlifting now.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    I had my husband hide the scale. I am not allow to weight until Sat. That will be 2 weeks. I might go weekly or every 2 weeks. Thanks for this post. It helps me stay off the scale and work harder.
  • Nilasaurus
    Nilasaurus Posts: 68 Member
    bump :)
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Definite bump.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    bump
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Very good and informative article, thanks for the post!

I do kind of feel sorry for all scales wherever they might be. Calling them liars is a bit harsh ;-)
  • Bump
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    bookmarking
  • chandanders
    chandanders Posts: 51 Member
    this article is great! It's hard not to get caught up in the numbers. Thanks! :)
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    I don't get how the logic on weight fluctuation makes it more sensible to weigh yourself LESS. Surely it's pretty demotivating if, for whatever reason, you don't weigh yourself for a week and you've put on the four pounds from water retention or having a big dinner. Surely it's better to weigh yourself more often (say, throughout the day) and to learn about your body and what causes mass gain and what causes mass loss. You can then take a mental average which is more likely to be accurate than randomly weighing yourself once a week.
  • DancingOnCloud9
    DancingOnCloud9 Posts: 26 Member
    bump
  • littlesis2
    littlesis2 Posts: 13 Member
    Great read. But even though I know all the above I still weigh almost everyday. It's a sickness, lol.
  • kimmiet801
    kimmiet801 Posts: 9 Member
    bump
  • danineff
    danineff Posts: 14 Member
    Great read I tend to have a hang up with the numbers myself. Thanks for posting. Makes me feel better.
  • ejhahn
    ejhahn Posts: 2 Member
    Just read a report in a new nutrition book that the latest research shows that dieters who weight themselves every day lose about 25-33% more weight than those who weigh themselves once a week. I'm testing the hypothesis myself.
  • Dreya711
    Dreya711 Posts: 79 Member
    I so needed this today. I weigh myself every morning before breakfast...wish I could stop! This morning I had gained almost a pound and I felt so defeated...so this article came RIGHT ON TIME! Thanks for posting.