Tai Cheng ?

i was recommended to try it as ive been doing INSANITY and hit a brick walL (more like it feels like one fell on me) because ive prolapsed discs in my lower back, so advised to slow down and start again with something less aggressive and work up to be fit enough to do INSANITY.

On a plus it may also help my balance issues and my hyper extensivity .. i love martial arts I used to do kung fu, so will be good to get back into it too.

Has anyone here tried it thats not over 60? How did you find it?

Replies

• Is Tai Cheng the same as Tai Chi?

If so I do Tai Chi, I started several months ago and I love it. Doing the kicking exercises are not easy. There are several different forms (ways to move/patterns) to follow.

There is one couple in my class who are former karate trainees and they have a hard time with the fact that Tai Chi is not exact. But they do like it.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Tai cheng is a mobility programme put together by Mark Cheng. It includes mobility drills, foam rolling and tai chi form work.

It's absolutely nothing like Insanity. It's more like a rehab programme.

If your primary medical care giver gives you a green-light for it after having a good look at it, then do it. But be warned it's not calorie burning cardio exercise. It won't "build you back up" for Insanity in terms of endurance/conditioning capabilities. It might correct postural/muscular imbalances that may have led to you getting injured in the first place.

Dr Cheng is actually a legit guy. Not Beachbody's usual kind of "instructor".
  • KJVPeach
    KJVPeach Posts: 25 Member
    I'm under 40 and have the program, love it! as jimmmer stated though, it is more of a slow paced rehab type program not in anyway cardio. I think if you haven't already discovered it on your own, you'd love it. But do make sure your doctor gives the thumbs up before beginning :)