I dont want to exercise

Is that bad? Can i lose weight w/o exercising?

Should I get a scale?

Replies

• CamCam
    CamCam Posts: 43
    Is that bad? Can i lose weight w/o exercising?

Should I get a scale?
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    You can. I did it last year with the LA Weight Loss diet plan. However, you can do it without paying out the a** for it! Just count all you calories and make sure to get in every food group needed. Check out the food pyramid and make sure to get in enough fruits, veggies and protein and limit your carbs and fat. You can do it! Have faith in yourself and stay motivated! And yes, a scale is a great idea!!!
    Good luck!!!:bigsmile:
    *Kistinbee*
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    If you want to lose weight the healthy way, exercise is a must. You don't have to do much. Just increase your activity level a bit at a time. Take a 5 minute walk then turn around and go home. Viola! You have 10 minute of exercise in. I think if you incorporate it into your life a little at a time you will realize you do enjoy it. Exercise releases "happy" endorphins. On days when I am most depressed I exercise the most. It really helps me feel better.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Well Yes you can, but it is not healthy, and I do not think anyone should try it that way.
    It is called not eating anything.
    You sound like you do not think excersize can be fun. Well as a child at heart. OH YES IT CAN!
    If you find something that you like to do that gets you moving then you will burn the calories and not even know that you are doing it.
    Dancing, playing ball, Rolling down a hill and running back up it again. Swiming, sleding, roller skating, just taking a walk, but you HAVE to get MOVING!
    I subscribe to the use it or lose it train of thought.
    And have FUN doing it at the same time. :bigsmile:
    YES get a scale! :smile:
    Weigh yourself each week.
    (Some of us weigh ourselves everyday.) :blushing:
    Good Luck and remember to HAVE FUN!
    --Diann...
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Shortly after I began my journey I got a lung infection which made it impossible to exercise. I did continue to lose weight with fixing my eating habits. But I continued to park at the furthest point of a parking lot when I went somewhere also I made sure I did at least an hour of housework everyday. That counts. I kept my calorie limit at sedentary but made sure I made my normal activities count.

Exercise is important and a short walk even in from a parking lot is a good way to start. Try swimming or skating or something. I took my kids out for a bike ride and frisbee golf. There are things you can do to enjoy yourself and not feel the dredge of being on a machine.

Good luck and keep us updated.
  • CamCam
    CamCam Posts: 43
    thanks for all responses. I must say that I do get some exercise. On my way to work I walk for about 15 minutes to the bus stop and then when I get off I walk for another 15 minutes. And I do the same thing in the evenings.

This is actually my first time really tryin to diet where Im actually watching my calorie intake. Usually I would get hungry and just give up.

Im gonna get a scale at the end of my first 2 weeks.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    You can loose weight through diet alone, but it will take a long time and it won't last! Lean muscle burns calories the most efficiently and until you eat right and exercise on a regular basis you might as well bang your head against a brick wall because you are going to be struggling forever.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Well you see Cam Cam that is your 30 min a day alotted workout :happy:
    --Diann...
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Well you see Cam Cam that is your 30 min a day alotted workout :happy:
    --Diann...

Correction Diann, she does it on the way to & FROM work, so she's doing 60 min! Better than me on most days and I am trying to exercise! You go girl!
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    Let me tell you something, I lost over 100lbs without much excercise and I have a lot of extra flab hanging that I have to tone up now so if I were you I would try some sort of excercise....its fun and it makes you feel a lot better, just try it for a while!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Let me tell you something, I lost over 100lbs without much excercise and I have a lot of extra flab hanging that I have to tone up now so if I were you I would try some sort of excercise....its fun and it makes you feel a lot better, just try it for a while!

Great job loosing over 100 lbs, I am just starting that journey and I have started weight training in the last couple of months to avoid just what you are dealing with now! Nice to know that someone has done it and is still working to keep it off.
  • amandastamey
    amandastamey Posts: 67 Member
    the way I see it is, I will always have to strength train! LOL:sad:
  • Uptownerd
    Uptownerd Posts: 23 Member
    Can i lose weight w/o exercising?

Perhaps look at it more than just losing weight, look at it as training and tuning your body to become a stronger machine to last longer (strengthen your organs such as heart and lungs etc).

Exercise will make losing weight easier too :)