I confess- Single Peeps version

Replies

• Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    I confess that I couldn't find the "delete profile" button on POFs ap so I just deleted all the stuff I typed so right now it's just pictures and I am now getting a bunch of messages (from guys that I would never consider) but that proves that guys don't read profiles.

I actually had a guy email me on OKC and he told me with no shame that he is they guy who sees a pretty smile and sends a message-does not read the profile, because he would like to get to know someone by chatting not be reading a bunch of facts on paper (or computer).
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    ETA: ^^ Holy cleavage!!!

I confess that tomorrow my girlfriend and I have decided to finally sit down and figure out what is going to happen with us in regards to our relationship. She is taking a job overseas for 6 months. We have to figure out if we plan to stick it out, or just break up and leave that door open in case we cross paths again. Ugh...

Ohh good luck! :(
  • bregalad5
    I confess I got carded today when buying vodka. In Russia. WTF.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    ETA: ^^ Holy cleavage!!!

I confess that tomorrow my girlfriend and I have decided to finally sit down and figure out what is going to happen with us in regards to our relationship. She is taking a job overseas for 6 months. We have to figure out if we plan to stick it out, or just break up and leave that door open in case we cross paths again. Ugh...

Well, 6 months isn't that long if you like each other..........................just sayin :bigsmile:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

So did it work out? 6 months really isn't that long.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member

Still talking through it actually, but looks like we will be taking a mutual break. Still talking and what not (since we pretty much have for the past 10 months straight), but also not holding either of us to the commitment of being in a relationship. Because who knows what 6 months may hold for either of us, since we are both looking to make some major life changes.
    Hardest part now is trying to figure out when we are pulling this trigger. Will probably happen the week or so before she leaves, so the goodbye doesn't come right down to her leaving at the airport.
  • LGrill27
    LGrill27 Posts: 337 Member

Still talking through it actually, but looks like we will be taking a mutual break. Still talking and what not (since we pretty much have for the past 10 months straight), but also not holding either of us to the commitment of being in a relationship. Because who knows what 6 months may hold for either of us, since we are both looking to make some major life changes.
    Hardest part now is trying to figure out when we are pulling this trigger. Will probably happen the week or so before she leaves, so the goodbye doesn't come right down to her leaving at the airport.

I say with this time away get in the best shape you can and focus on your diet and the other major life changes you mentioned. Your diet will give you a healthier lifestyle which will boost your confidence and self-esteem. Try something outside your comfort zone. I absolutely dreaded anything with running, a friend had me come out for a 5k St. Patty's day walk/run with 10,000 other people and I was hooked. Now I do volunteer work for other walk/runs events such as breast cancer awareness. Six months can make a big difference, when she comes back you will be irresistible.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member

I say with this time away get in the best shape you can and focus on your diet and the other major life changes you mentioned. Your diet will give you a healthier lifestyle which will boost your confidence and self-esteem. Try something outside your comfort zone. I absolutely dreaded anything with running, a friend had me come out for a 5k St. Patty's day walk/run with 10,000 other people and I was hooked. Now I do volunteer work for other walk/runs events such as breast cancer awareness. Six months can make a big difference, when she comes back you will be irresistible.

Wait dont' pull that trigger just yet, if you are contemplating when to do it, just dont' there's something still there!!!!!

Oh my, I haven't read the entire thread about this so sorry If I'm missing something, but 6 months is nothing if you really love that person. I agree with LGrill, that you could absolutely take some time to look within, do things that you weren't able to do when she was here, (of course not go on a sex binge or anything lol)

I can tell you right now that after that 6 months I'd be soooo into that woman, miss her so much, and have so many adventures to talk about.
    If you guys have truly grown apart in that time, or you find the "perfect" person then you could talk about it and deal with it at that point, but oh my goodness why end something that you know nothing about yet?
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member

Wait dont' pull that trigger just yet, if you are contemplating when to do it, just dont' there's something still there!!!!!

Oh my, I haven't read the entire thread about this so sorry If I'm missing something, but 6 months is nothing if you really love that person. I agree with LGrill, that you could absolutely take some time to look within, do things that you weren't able to do when she was here, (of course not go on a sex binge or anything lol)

I can tell you right now that after that 6 months I'd be soooo into that woman, miss her so much, and have so many adventures to talk about.
    If you guys have truly grown apart in that time, or you find the "perfect" person then you could talk about it and deal with it at that point, but oh my goodness why end something that you know nothing about yet?

I am not afraid of being 'single' again, as I really don't mind it. I am so busy with work, volunteer stuff, working out, etc... Once she leaves, I am looking to move out of the state (or possibly even the country for a little while) for work.

We will continue to talk and skype and such. And like you said, in 6 months, maybe there will be someone else, maybe we will have just grown apart, maybe we will realize how much we really missed each other, maybe she stays in that country or maybe I am in a different one. But neither of us think that we should lock the other person down for 6 months, expecting that we do miss each other terribly. We will let the cards fall where they may.

So maybe a "break" wasn't the best term to use, but we aren't breaking up, just not being fully locked down in a relationship.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    So maybe a "break" wasn't the best term to use, but we aren't breaking up, just not being fully locked down in a relationship.

I'm not even sure what this means (would be interesting for her to read the thread and then see how she responds). I just know how I would respond.

That said, when I deployed last, BB and I had been dating for 4 months. Not only was I going to be deployed for 6 months, but then after that I knew I would have orders to move away for a few years at minimum. I told him that I know most people don't last long-distance, and while I like him, enjoyed what we had, and was open to continuing, I would have absolutely no hard feelings if things just kind of drifted away. I'll have to admit the real deal was it takes a long time for me to trust, and at the 4 month point I just wasn't sure he was going to meet my needs long-term and be worth taking myself off the market (effectively) for 3-4 years.

Aside from certain missions where I had no access to the internet, that man called or skyped me every single night for 6 months. We grew closer, are still together, and are making future plans for life following my military retirement.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    I confess that i'm 15 days away from being single for a year and I made an appointment for a shiatsu massage on that specific day to remind me how good i've been treating myself and how far i've come in taking care of my issues and myself :love:

I also confess that my FWB and I had a fallout last week due to him having a gigantic pride and instead of pitying myself, I chose not to pursue any communication or try to convince him that he was wrong, I let things go until he texted me back a week later being sorry about what he said and instead of just saying it's ok, I took the risk of losing him completely by telling him how I felt and how bad it was for me and that he was wrong, he held on, so we're back on, only, he's asked to see me this week which I declined. I will see him when i'm ready and it's not because he said sorry that my legs will reopen that soon :smokin: We still text each other almost every day and we're in good terms, i'm just getting back into it slowly. :smokin:
  • MissingMinnesota
    I confess that i'm 15 days away from being single for a year and I made an appointment for a shiatsu massage on that specific day to remind me how good i've been treating myself and how far i've come in taking care of my issues and myself :love:

I also confess that my FWB and I had a fallout last week due to him having a gigantic pride and instead of pitying myself, I chose not to pursue any communication or try to convince him that he was wrong, I let things go until he texted me back a week later being sorry about what he said and instead of just saying it's ok, I took the risk of losing him completely by telling him how I felt and how bad it was for me and that he was wrong, he held on, so we're back on, only, he's asked to see me this week which I declined. I will see him when i'm ready and it's not because he said sorry that my legs will reopen that soon :smokin: We still text each other almost every day and we're in good terms, i'm just getting back into it slowly. :smokin:

good for you on both the massage and the FWB situation.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    If we're talking about singles and FWBs, I confess that I haven't had so much as a peck on the cheek for 12 months.
  • MissingMinnesota
    I confess that I have now been pulled over 11 times without getting a ticket. This is my special power I guess.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    I confess that (even though I'm happy in my relationship) I still get irritated when I see another guy who didn't like something about me with a girl who is even worse. So, for example, saw two guys this week who cited my weight as one of the reasons things didn't work out and they're dating someone heavier. I always put honest, recent pictures on my profile (when I had one), but I still used to get that "wow, I thought you'd be a lot smaller" comment from time to time.
  • bregalad5
    If anyone wants to see, I wrote a post for my friend's blog about Russia: http://proteanmom.com/russia-with-rachel/
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    I confess I had to change FWB, the old one has been trying to manipulate me back in ...*sigh*

My new one is a simple man who is passionate about life, I love the intellectual stimulation he brings me :love:
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    My shameful confession is that I'm now 15 months on the scrapheap with no sign of it ever changing.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    I confess I signed up for a mudrun so I would start training again. Today is Day 4 of 4. HERE WE GO!

Also MOYA, I know it is easy to focus on the issue but it seems like when you don't focus so much on it, things tend to get easier. Sorry you are in that dry spell.

Temporalia, sounds rough! I am happy you are liking the new one. :drinker:

JanieJack: Focus on the positives, anyone who cites your weight is a reason to not be with you sings DB loud and clear!

MissingMinnes: WHAT THE WHAT? Wow, good for you, but please drive safely!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    I confess my life is ****ing awesome but I think of you guys a lot.

But, still super awesome. Like, playing with alligators, cuddling Galapagos tortoises, sunning with lemurs and clicker training rats level of awesome.

Also poop. There is a lot of poop. Awesome poop.