Restaurant Pet Peeves

Maximus
Maximus Posts: 12,256 Member
My #1 is when you have really good service, but then they become Houdini whenever you're ready for the check. Gaah.gif

Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Then don't order the check! :)
  • LeGaCyGiAnT124
    LeGaCyGiAnT124 Posts: 158 Member
    When you get your entree and you haven't even taken a bite yet and they say "HOW IS EVERYTHING?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????!?!?!?!"

I am like.... come back in 5...

haha
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    great idea!!
    #1 has to be screaming children...I mean not a crying child who is just cranking or hungry. I mean the little brat throwing a fit and screaming at his parents while they pretend not to notice...ok so the parents too!!
  • HappyRunner34
    HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
    I don't like Restaurant...and Pet...in the same sentence
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Meeting up with a long distance buddy and they ask for separate checks.
  • My #1 is when you have really good service, but then they become Houdini whenever you're ready for the check. Gaah.gif

Ask for the check when you order your last item.
  • Speaking of Houdini... some of his friends said he was a really stingy guy and he always had some excuse for not paying the bill when they went out to eat.

So, supposedly, one night they had their dinner and one of his friends says "I have a great trick to see if you can get escape." Houdini couldn't resist a challenge. His friend told him to close his eyes and put his hands palm-side down on the table. The friend then balanced two full water glasses carefully on his two hands. He told Houdini to open his eyes. Then, all of Houdini's friends stood up and walked away.

One of them called back over his shoulder: "let's see you get out of this one before the check arrives!"
  • Loud cell phone patrons. Unless you're a doctor, put it on vibrate.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Meeting up with a long distance buddy and they ask for separate checks.

Hmm....whoever would do such a thing, Carl?
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Loud cell phone patrons. Unless you're a doctor, put it on vibrate.

^^^#2 for me especially sitting next to that person that thinks their conversation is soooooo important that everyone in the restaurant should hear it. I have a hard time restraining myself from telling them just how very rude they are!!!
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Lolly gag to bring me more salsa when I still have half a platter of chips
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Loud cell phone patrons. Unless you're a doctor, put it on vibrate.

I'm a Nurse Manager and on call 24hrs a day, please can I keep mine on???:huh:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    As a server I have plenty.

One horrible one is when the person can't make up their mind on a super busy night when I have 7 other tables to attend to, so I offer to come back and they say "no, ill just order" and still take another minute or so deciding and ask a million questions about each item, when the description is written underneath the food item.. I got to the point where I just tell those people that im really busy, and need to do ___ for another table real quick and ill be right back, and walk away without getting a response. Suprisingly I still get good tips lol
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    When waiter takes my order, brings my food...and then I never see them again. Oh wait, I do see them again just not helping me! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr OR when there is like a bunch of people in the restaurant and only 1 or 2 waitresses/waiters :explode:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    I love when I have a party of, say, 30 people and I am getting them water to start, both my hands clearly full of trays, and someone in the group has to say something along the lines of "wheres our bread? I thought they had bread here" sorry that I chose to be lazy and only filled two hands with trays of drinks for you guys, my deepest apologies
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    When waiter takes my order, brings my food...and then I never see them again. Oh wait, I do see them again just not helping me! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr OR when there is like a bunch of people in the restaurant and only 1 or 2 waitresses/waiters :explode:

When there's a lot of people in the restaurant and only one or two servers- it might be in the middle of a shift change. Many managers will cut all the servers that aren't on a double when the lunch rush dies down (or dinner rush dies down). Sometimes randomly a crowd of people will show up at a time when least expected. Can't staff for that.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    As a person who got through college waitressing, I am really picky about Bad service, obviously. Cold food. Not getting my order right and not returning within a few minutes to see if everything is alright. My drink being left empty too long (and I drink water - no reason for it. Bring me a damn pitcher then if you are too busy). That being said, if I have good service I am a really good tipper because it is NOT an easy job!

As a patron - Watching the way some people eat really grosses me out. Shoveling it in, chewing with their mouth open...gross. It's like watching someone poop in reverse. :noway:

And people who eat and scrape their teeth on the the fork. It's ALL I can hear when someone is doing that - like finger nails on a chalk board. I can't stand it.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    I really hate it when only half of the order comes out and the rest of the table has to wait 10 minutes for their meals. Happens pretty often down here in Aus and it makes me bonkers. Servers here don't have the same incentive to do well as servers in the US do.