DAILY ROUTINE

I ALWAYS TRY TO HAVE A DAILY ROUTINE SPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS I FIND IT EASIER TO STICK TO A ROUTINE IN ORDER TO STAY ON TRACK.. I USUALLY GET UP TAKE THE KIDS TO SCHOOL, COME BACK AND HAVE BREAKFAST, I USED TO EXERCISE IN THE MORNING, I USED TO DO INSANITY (NEED TO GO BACK TO THAT) BUT NOW I WAIT FOR MY HUSBAND AND WE GO TO THE GYM TOGETHER, ANYWAYS, ITS A LITTLE HARD FOR ME TO EAT HEALTHY SINCE I HAVE TO COOK FOR MY 2 KIDS AND MY HUSBAND SO I USUALLY COOK FOR MYSELF AND SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR MY FAMILY, I FIND IT EASIER TO STAY MOTIVATED THAT WAY. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU LADIES DO DAILY ;)

Replies

• Caryn3967
    Caryn3967 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm new to MFP, so I'm not figuring out how to post without "Replying" to someone else's post. :blushing:
  • claumgr
    claumgr Posts: 28
    Hi Caryn3976!! glad you join the group!! I am also new to this MFP group/blog kind of thing lol but I find it fun!!! Everyone seems so nice and willing to help each other on this journey!!! ;) feel free to talk about anything you want or any concern or question you have.. ;)
  • wendybirdgirl
    wendybirdgirl Posts: 52 Member
    Hello ladies!

Here is my current routine:

I just started doing Zumba in the morning, after my kids have breakfast and start school. When I am not doing Zumba, I try to get in a 3 to 5 mile run.
    Foodwise, I need to eat my own breakfast and lunch, separate from what the family eats. Then we all like to eat together for dinner. I agree though, eating with them is tricky. I cook fairly healthy food most of the time, but still, the calories really add up. So I am trying to just eat a small amount of protein I serve everybody, and ignore the carbs. For example, tonight I ate salmon and salad, and bypassed the bread. It was hard though! That bread smelled really good...
    I am new to MFP as well, and hope for long lasting weight loss.
    Thanks for starting this group, and I would also like to hear about other people's routines.
    Good luck!
  • Stacyschim
    Stacyschim Posts: 24 Member
    I'm just getting back into my routine after being sick for the last 6 weeks (two different viruses that got the whole family), a real zap to my motivation. I Jazzercise about three times a week, trying for more. I make some really healthy choices, but also some junky, worthless calories. I think I'd be really successful if I didn't have to feed my family! The kids and the hubby like their sugar and salt and I can't seem to resist it when it's in the house. PMS does a real number on my appetite too. I gave up diet Coke for the new year, my biggest vice, so I'm feeling confident I can also conquer my snacking issues. We can do this, ladies!!!
  • Hi Ladies! I am getting back into my routine too. Kids are settled in school and I am ready to attack my weight and gain better health. I started walking this week and it feels great except for some sore thighs. I figure it will work itself out. I have used fitness pal in the past and lost 15 lbs with it. I love it because it is such an easy way to track what you eat and keep the calories in check. I struggle with cooking for the kids and myself too sometimes. My private cook keeps calling in sick (Just kidding) so I have had to handle the kitchen lately. Looking forward to more posts!
  • claumgr
    Hi @wendibirdgirl i love zumba!!! I used to do it like 4 times a week for like a year, and then the gym started getting rid of all of the good instructors!!! It sucked!!!!! Talking about bread... Omg i just cant resist bread! Lol i try not to have any at home.. And i also try cooking healthy for my family but i have a 3 and a 5 yr old and they can be very picky.. Plus im hispanic so we are all used to eat the rice and all those carbs and calories that come with the latin american food!!!! ;)
  • claumgr
    Hi @stacyschim !!! I have always wanted to try jazzercise i just love dancing!!!! How do you like it?? I see you are getting back into the routine.. Good for you!!!!! It is really hard to get back on track! But we just have to be determined and just keep up the good work and stay on the right track!! Oh and sodas... Omg thats all i used to drink and juice at home.. I had to stop buying them and now all i drink is water.. Its amazing but your body gets used to things/habits and now even if i go to a restaurant all i drink is water!!! Keep up the confidence and always have in mind your goals!!!! ;)
  • claumgr
    Hello @lifeinslady !!!! Thats amazing 15 lbs!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!! Even if you stopped its good to be willing to start again.. And its even better when you actually do it!! Talking about sore thighs.. Let me tell you i love it when im in pain the next day! That makes me feel like i want more!! Remember ladies.. NO PAIN ..NO GAME!!!!!
  • wendybirdgirl
    wendybirdgirl Posts: 52 Member
    Thanks for your speedy reply Claumgr! Good to know that you are a fellow Zumba fan. I love it! Esp. the music. Re: latin food, I totally get it. I grew up in California, and lived in Peru, and am crazy for avocados, refried beans, rice...

Lately I have been eating one or two corn tortillas a day instead of bread, they are less calories and carbs. I like them with cabbage, cilantro, salsa and plain yogurt.

My two kids are teens, and just inhale all the food in the house (They are thin, so it irks me that they can eat so much. Jealous!). They used to be picky too when they were little.

I like this group very much. Thanks for being a moderator!
    :flowerforyou:
  • claumgr
    @wendybirdgirl how funny im from Peru!!!!! Im gonna try thos tortillas with cabbage and all that good stuff!!!! Yummmm this is the reason why i created this group.. Motivation!! It helps so mich to talk to people who are going through similar things regarding weight loss.. I love meeting people!
  • sweetmommyofthree
    sweetmommyofthree Posts: 55 Member
    My routine is a little different than most of yours. In the morning I get the kids up and ready, and off to school and daycare. I work full time plus quite a bit of overtime. Then in the evenings I run my kids to Scouts, check homework, piano, guitar, basketball, dance and whatever other activity is going on. I have found for me the best time to exercise is after my kids are sleeping. This usually puts me at the gym or doing a workout video at 8:30. I do a lot of cardio, but need to work on learning about lifting, so I can get some good muscle as I lose the pounds.

So with my hectic life I try cooking healthy to avoid making two meals. I have also found it helpful to prelog my day. Really makes me more accountable, and oddly enough able to resist the donut in the office breakroom. I guess knowing how I expect my day to go and jow much leeway I have gives me. The impowered feeling.
  • Hey ladies! So I don't quite have a full routine quite yet, but here's my thought of what I'd like for one:

Wake up around 8 AM and do 30 day shred (for 90 days total after all 3 levels)
    Shower, eat breakfast and then go to work.
    Once I have my own place it'll be easier for me to be able to choose exactly what I keep in my home.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Hi there, well I have just been getting on a routine right now and it is running 3 to 4 days a week, cross trainer 2 to 3 days a week and a bit of kettlebells a couple times. I have been tracking my calories since Jan 2. I know eventually I am going to have to do some actually weights soon. But I have to figure out how to build it in as my days have been busy with the kids sports schedule and well since it is still dark outside I don't have the energy to continue.

I used to workout in the mornings but I found I was so tired and falling a sleep at 9 and I can't run early in the morning due to it dark out and the gym not opening until 7, Plus I hate running on a treadmill.

Right now I run at a indoor track or outside if it is nice.

This week I haven't seen much of a weight loss but not sure if it is my body adjusting. I am going to watch my food quality.
  • claumgr
    @mybabya15 Hi there!!! thanks for joining in!! its ok if you don't have a routine yet.. you will eventually will!! right now Im not really happy with mine.. ever since December its been a mess.. I went on a cruise, then holidays... and im trying to change it a little bit.. we just need to focus and enjoy the ride!!! ;)
  • claumgr
    @jocop2003 Hi!!!!! thanks for sharing your routine!! I feel the same way about running on a treadmill.. its much better outdoors!! I love it.. of course if the weather is nice.. we as moms always have a busy life! but eventually you will start making time and figuring out your schedule ;)
    About the weight loss.. don't get discourage if you don't see the scale going down, even if you are exercising and not losing pounds you are working those muscles and burning fat ;)
  • Stacyschim
    Stacyschim Posts: 24 Member
    claumgr, Jazzercise I would imagine is close to Zumba, but I haven't tried Zumba yet so I don't know! I love it! Great music and great group of ladies to work out with. Still, I can't wait till it gets warm in frigid Michigan so I can hike outdoors again. They canceled school today because it was too cold! -20 wind chill, brrrr!
  • Yes you need a schedule or routine. I am just getting back into mine now. I go to the gym Monday through Thursday, 8am to about 9:50, all cardio for now, and then me and my son walk home bout 45 minuets. Then I have 400 cals for breakfast and lunch and that leaves me about 700 for dinner. Friday through Sunday I work graveyard so I don't make it to the gym but I still keep my cals at 1500 the same way and try to exercise. There is much room for improvement but I don't want to overwhelm myself like I have in the past, slow and steady is the way to go. I figure even if it takes me a year or more as long as this 40 lbs. comes off and I am healthy, that's what matters.
  • claumgr
    claumgr, Jazzercise I would imagine is close to Zumba, but I haven't tried Zumba yet so I don't know! I love it! Great music and great group of ladies to work out with. Still, I can't wait till it gets warm in frigid Michigan so I can hike outdoors again. They canceled school today because it was too cold! -20 wind chill, brrrr!

im gonna look for jazzercise classes in my area!! Zumba is really fun makes me feel like im at a party lol
    -20???????? are you serious??!!! that's freaking cold!!!!!!! I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.. cant wait for spring to come!!! but on the positive side its still winter.. so that means we still have time to lose some weight for the summer!!! lol :-)
  • claumgr
    Yes you need a schedule or routine. I am just getting back into mine now. I go to the gym Monday through Thursday, 8am to about 9:50, all cardio for now, and then me and my son walk home bout 45 minuets. Then I have 400 cals for breakfast and lunch and that leaves me about 700 for dinner. Friday through Sunday I work graveyard so I don't make it to the gym but I still keep my cals at 1500 the same way and try to exercise. There is much room for improvement but I don't want to overwhelm myself like I have in the past, slow and steady is the way to go. I figure even if it takes me a year or more as long as this 40 lbs. comes off and I am healthy, that's what matters.

I think is great how you distribute your calories!! and yes slow and steady works really good.. progress is progress!!!!!! sometimes we cant just make drastic changes cause that's when we get tired and we go back to the bad habits.. I like making the changes gradually that way my body gets used to it and that's the way we change our lifestyle and eating habits ;)
  • Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the group and wanted to share. So, I was on MFP pretty hard core last year and I did the 1200 calorie life with no exercise and lost 18 lbs. But, when I started eating more than that I gained back 7. BLAH! So, I'm BACK on MFP and aiming to get the remaining weight off. I am aiming for 25 lbs total, but more importantly 10 inches in my waist, 6 inches in my hips, and 5 inches on my thighs.

Right now I get up in the morning and drink 8 oz of water first thing. Then I have breakfast, we don't really make bad choices, but I'll maybe make egg whites for me vs. regular eggs for my husband and children. If we do pancakes I'll use a dollop of whipped cream and fruit vs syrup, just small swap outs. I have a snack about 2 hours later and by then should have finished 24 oz of water. I lay my son down for nap around 12 while my girls are at school then I do The Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout program which rotates between weight training and high intensity cardio. I'm finishing week 2 of the 6 week program. You workout Monday-Saturday. I also do Zumba for an hour on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Then I have a post workout snack and of course more water. We eat dinner at my house around 6:30-7p. If I absolutely have to eat something else before bed because I stayed up WAY too late and am starving, I try to eat something like yogurt, fruit, or granola. I rest on Sundays, but I'm going to start doing hot yoga that day I think.