What's outside your gym?

I don't know about you guys but when I come out of my gym right in front is:

-McDonalds
-Hungry Jacks
-Subway next door to Crossfit
-next door to gym is pizza shop.

As you leave and go around back there is another pizza shop! !

Seriously - wtf! I wonder if they see all those FF restaurants and say "THIS IS PREFECT! !"

I don't eat none of it. But for a person that ate that stuff everyday. It must be hard for them.

Replies

• lisajuliette
    lisajuliette Posts: 123 Member
    I have a beautiful gym, surrounded by fields and a Forrest, closest "fast-food" place is Kauaii which only sells delicious healthy foods and shakes :) I'm very lucky. Closest junk food place is about 10km from the gym.
  • Tim horns cafe and bake shop (doughnuts etc)
    Starbucks
    Popeyes fried chicken
    Buffalo Wild Wings
    Wine shop
    Subway
    Carfagnas itLian restaurant
    Breakfast cafe
    Gigi's cupcakes

Wow. Never thought about this. Funny juxtaposition
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Haha... A supermarket, Five Guys, a Chinese buffet, a Mexican restaurant, a pizza place, Smoothie King, Burger King, Dunking Donut and Taco Bell.
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    captin D's deep fried fat!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    A taxi repair shop, a Best Buy and a bunch of nasty restaurants I pay no mind.
  • Three other gyms!
  • ronrstaats
    ronrstaats Posts: 294 Member
    In the front is Field... to the left as you walk out is a closed down amusement pool and a River... on the right is another field and behind it is park... The Rec Center/ Gym is kind of isolated...
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Right next to it is a tanning salon, and then to the side is Home Depot, and the other side there is a shopping center.. I'm sure it has some food places but I've never gone in there.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Steak n' Shake, Arby's, Little Caesar's, a chinese restaurant & a mexican restaurant, across the road is McDonald's.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Two carpet shops, a Dunelm and a petrol station/car wash - no temptations!! :smile:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    In the front is Field... to the left as you walk out is a closed down amusement pool and a River... on the right is another field and behind it is park... The Rec Center/ Gym is kind of isolated...

Sounds like a horror movie waiting to happen!

Outside of one of my gyms is:
    A Budget Truck rental
    Some shop dealing with kids - tutoring or behavioral management or something
    A large paving company
    Some other industrial type things
    Post office
    A hair salon or hair school
    (none of these things are open when I go so idgaf)

My other gym:
    Gold selling place
    Walmart is close - same with Joann's Fabric, a Bon Ton (clothing store), a packey
    Massage place
    Firestone
    Car dealership
    Taco bell
    Starbucks
  • ElusivePete
    ElusivePete Posts: 50 Member
    My gym is surrounded by playing fields, a university campus, and some residential buildings.

The gym's windows are all heavily tinted though, so you can't really see any of it.
  • BOC57
    BOC57 Posts: 44 Member
    Walk out the front door and it's soccer field and track. To the right is a playground and to the left is the road. They do have a smoothie counter inside the gym but for the most part I try to stay away from there. Too much sugar. I'd rather come home and make my own smoothie!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Or... "What's outside your fast food joint" ;).

All of those seem like places you could nicely stack up on some appropriate macros to fuel your body after a decent weights session!

Current gym - at my own place.
    Previous ones I've spent any decent time at have been been in business parks, so boring office tech-company office blocks (convienent that I worked at one of them, not so good that the gym cost £72pm - probably because we also shared the park with the UK HQ for Microsoft and Oracle.)
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Mine is right next to a hotel (which is next to the river) and across from a closed car dealership. There is a drive thru coffee place and a strip mall (with a Mexican restaurant I think, but you only see the sign not it) diagonally across the corner. A few blocks down is a KFC and right after that Safeway and a bunch of fast food places, but none that you see right as you leave.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    a nail salon, a nutrishop, a burger king, and the worst of all, RIGHT next door, is a Venezia's Pizza and it always smells soooooo good when I leave the gym!
  • Nouurann
    Nouurann Posts: 183 Member
    Mines in a plaza right next to Abercrombie lol so if anything it's motivation :-P there's also a super market, a chilis, Starbucks, an ulta beauty in the same plaza.
  • matildamagic
    matildamagic Posts: 12 Member
    A HUUUUUUGGGGEEEE lorry with 'Sports Direct.com' printed across the side. Every now and then they drive it past the gym windows, and sometimes they attach a second 'Sports Direct.com' booth to the back just to make sure it's drilled into our brains hard enough! :grumble:

And a big fish and chips sign, the sea, lots of joggers along the promenade, followed by the pier with lots of rides and doughnuts/chips/milkshakes/fast food kiosks!
  • Rainyday816
    Rainyday816 Posts: 29 Member
    My gym is right next door to a frozen yogurt place, then a coffee shop, then a Chipotle. Not exactly healthy, but it could be worse. However, there's also a pizza place across the street, and another one around the corner, and a bagel shop a block away, and a diner down the block in both directions. Then again, I live in NYC, so I could basically be describing anywhere in the city. =P
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    My verandah and occasionally a possum