Replies

• emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    You've lost weight?
    I'm just curious to know.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    YES I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not right at all. But people do treat me much differently now that I'm a lot smaller. Men are nicer, go out of their way to help me carry things to my truck. Get more doors held open for me. Sales people in stores are much more helpful.

:grumble:
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    YES I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not right at all. But people do treat me much differently now that I'm a lot smaller. Men are nicer, go out of their way to help me carry things to my truck. Get more doors held open for me. Sales people in stores are much more helpful.

WOW it's amazing how much nicer people are when your smaller. Now that I think of it I would have to say that I get some of that stuff more often now too. When I was 9 months preg my car stalled on the hwy and a nice handsome guy came to help me but when he saw I was preg he said there was nothing he could do. I thought that was the rudest thing a guy could ever say. Of course he didn't even try to give me a jump.
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Yeah cuz he knew he couldn't jump ya!

:laugh:

But yes, you ARE right.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    YES I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. Men talk to me a lot more now....they never did when I weighed almost two hundred:noway: lbs. and drove a crappy little minivan...go figure.:ohwell: People I know say things like: "Gee, you look so good now!" and I just think, "Well, how did you think I looked before?"
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Yeah all the guys are noticing at work :grumble: which isn't good!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    YES! I've definitely had more favourable looks from the gents (I even got carded at a nightclub on vacation last week - which was flattering - although maybe just a kind gesture on behalf of the bouncer). :blushing:

Could it also be that as we are all looking and FEELING better, we are portraying more confidence, which is attractive to people?
    :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    YES I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You raise an interesting point that I've been thinking about lately... I too enjoy the "benefits" of help from the gentlemen. My car got stuck in pot hole a couple of weeks ago (it was one nasty pot hole!) and a group of men descended to help. It was so nice, but it also highlighted my reliance upon youth/appearance to get help sometimes. Our looks will fade, and then where are we? Stuck in pot holes waiting for AAA...
    :ohwell:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I have definately been getting lots more attention from ppl I already knew when I was heavy. Everyone is ALWAYS gushing about how awesome I look lol it's a little embaressing....Also I've noticed male sales people seem to be much friendlier and more helpful then they used to be. My new favorite thing to hear is "My goodness your baby is almost as big as u!" hehe it makes me feel little :)
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Unfortunately, being prejudiced against heavier people is still an "acceptable" prejudice. Really sad.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    That prejudice is really prevalent and it makes me mad:angry::explode: My aunt is overweight, and we went out to eat, and these teenage boys were pointing at her and laughing. I got up in their faces and asked them if they had a problem....they turned tail and ran!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

I guess I'm an odd ball....haven't noticed any changes...
    BUT when I'm out, I usually have a 3/4 yr old with me...so I have very LITTLE time to chat with anyone or pay attention to anyone/anything else but my kids

Even when I was single (many many moons ago) I was never approached....I am very chatty, but take a little time to warm up
    I think I could come off as a little chilly....maybe that's the problem :)

Kim
    A.K.A ice -queen
    :)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Without a doubt. Women are fickle creatures.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Hi

I guess I'm an odd ball....haven't noticed any changes...
    BUT when I'm out, I usually have a 3/4 yr old with me...so I have very LITTLE time to chat with anyone or pay attention to anyone/anything else but my kids

Even when I was single (many many moons ago) I was never approached....I am very chatty, but take a little time to warm up
    I think I could come off as a little chilly....maybe that's the problem :)

Kim
    A.K.A ice -queen
    :)

I've had this issue forever too. Either a kid around (which I am fine with) or not approachable....also something I am okay with,. :laugh:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Hi

I just wanted to add I've always found sales people etc nice/helpful etc

This post reminds me of the tv show where they have the hot chick then dress her in a heavy suit to see how people (MEN) respond/help...ugh

Kim
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    That prejudice is really prevalent and it makes me mad:angry::explode: My aunt is overweight, and we went out to eat, and these teenage boys were pointing at her and laughing. I got up in their faces and asked them if they had a problem....they turned tail and ran!

Of course they did, because they are cowards! :angry:
  • Hey!

It works the same for us guys too.

When I was in competition shape, women would be all over me like white on rice.

Now that I am heavier...I don't get the time of day from a woman.

So yes...you do get treated differently when you are not fat.

:mad:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Hey!

Yep.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Hey!

I don't think it has to do with being fat really. I've been a big girl all my life and I'ma stay a bigger girl and I still get talked to. I think it's how you carry yourself. If you walk with your head high then it doesn't matter what you look like. People feed off of other peoples confidence. If I'm in a club and a guy is bigger but he has this way about him, I'ma talk to him regardless. At my heaviest I was treated fine, but I do walk around like my poop don't stink too. lol
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Hey!

Yep.

J why you yepin anyhow? You are so freakin cute it's crazy! Then you have a hot *kitten* gf.. wow to live like Jermanda! (like how i celebritized your name?)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!