Still a way to go yet...

It was April 2012 and a friends daughter's 18th birthday party that spurred me into losing weight. I was a hefty 18st plus and was blind to the fact that I was a (UK) dress size 22-24... I couldn't find anything I wanted to wear to the party and ended up feeling old, fat and miserable. :embarassed:

I managed to lose a couple of stone on weightwatchers and discovered MFP last year. It was MFP that really spurred me on. I now weigh 13st 7lb and am working hard on losing the last 30lb I want to lose.

Since I started my healthy living plan I have set myself various 'mini goals' to continue to work hard. These have included quitting smoking (tick), walking 5 miles in less than 70 minutes (tick), joining a gym (tick), starting to run (tick), running 1 mile (tick), running a 5k in less than 40mins (tick), lifting more weight (tick) and I plan to challenge myself more..!

Here are some pictures that show my progress.

[img]http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac170/smallbluepebble/Mobile Uploads/2013-12/Laura and Marks wedding 020612 047_zpsspnmnaz8.JPG[/img]

[img]http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac170/smallbluepebble/Mobile Uploads/2013-12/DSCF0600_zpsu4idyfua.JPG[/img]

[img]http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac170/smallbluepebble/Mobile Uploads/2013-12/20131212_113555_zpsxnun2eax.jpg[/img]

Replies

• nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Awesome work! You look fabulous!

ETA: Tried to fix your photos - didn't work.
  • Smallbluepebble
    Smallbluepebble Posts: 49 Member
    I have been trying to get the pics to work for literally hours now - I am at a loss! Stoopid technology!
  • Smallbluepebble
    Fixed the pics - yay..!

Now for a lie down in a dark room!
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    What incredible progress!!! You look amazing!
  • Smallbluepebble
    Awww... thankyou :blushing:
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    You look fantastic!
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    You look FANTASTIC!!!! Way to go!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Congrats!
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    It was April 2012 and a friends daughter's 18th birthday party that spurred me into losing weight. I was a hefty 18st plus and was blind to the fact that I was a (UK) dress size 22-24... I couldn't find anything I wanted to wear to the party and ended up feeling old, fat and miserable. :embarassed:

I managed to lose a couple of stone on weightwatchers and discovered MFP last year. It was MFP that really spurred me on. I now weigh 13st 7lb and am working hard on losing the last 30lb I want to lose.

Since I started my healthy living plan I have set myself various 'mini goals' to continue to work hard. These have included quitting smoking (tick), walking 5 miles in less than 70 minutes (tick), joining a gym (tick), starting to run (tick), running 1 mile (tick), running a 5k in less than 40mins (tick), lifting more weight (tick) and I plan to challenge myself more..!

You look terrific, I think the mini goals are a great way to stay on track and keeps things fresh. Quick question though. Did you quit smoking before, during or after losing weight? Did it slow things down for you? Quitting smoking is next on my list.
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Wow, you look great!
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Incredible! You should be so proud. You look terrific!!
  • k1o2r3i4
    k1o2r3i4 Posts: 33 Member
    Amazing! way to go!
  • Panda307
    Panda307 Posts: 61 Member
    You look fantastic! Keep up the hard work!
  • Smallbluepebble

You look terrific, I think the mini goals are a great way to stay on track and keeps things fresh. Quick question though. Did you quit smoking before, during or after losing weight? Did it slow things down for you? Quitting smoking is next on my list.

Aww thank you... I quit smoking in January 2013 so it's been a year now - I'd set my healthy eating regime by then (I started my plan in April 2012) and I found that I wasn't enjoying smoking as it stopped or hindered my goals.

I just stopped smoking - I told no one I was stopping & I took no replacement therapy and went "cold turkey". If I felt the urge I had gum or sprayed breath freshner which helped. The first two weeks were the hardest and after that I kind of felt like I had a headcold for a few days. Once that went I felt fine and had no cravings.

Good luck with your quitting - I hope it goes well x
  • Smallbluepebble
    Seem to have hit a plateau but, I will change it up, shake it down and carry on regardless..! I'm not daft - I know the last 20lbs are going to be tricky but I'm a different beast now. I know what success feels like and I'm determined!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    You look fantastic. I am sure the last lbs are the hardest. Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    You look great! Congratulations on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • You look amazing!!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    gorgeous!! jobe well done
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    WOW you look amazing, well done on reaching all your mini goals (they are a fantastic achievement!) x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!