Anyone lose 100+ pounds WITHOUT surgery?

Replies

• MADIABEL
    MADIABEL Posts: 13 Member
    I have lost 113 to date. About 18 more pounds to get down to goal weight. I have done of this is a years time.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Yep. 153 and counting, by eating right* and working out. It can be done.

Eating right*= with the occasional way over calorie bad days, with frequent ice cream, and even while eating fairly frequent pizza.

I started working out just by swimming because everything hurt, even walking. I've said this before, I'll say it again:

There is nothing special about me. Well, I'm a special snowflake and my mommy loves me and all that, but what I'm saying is that I do not possess some magical power to lose weight that everyone else doesn't possess. We all have our own limitations. Mine is severe osteo arthritis and a good 35 of my 39 years as morbidly obese (probably 20 of them as Super Morbidly Obese). If I can do this, anyone can.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Absolutely! Check the ticker (and I've lost more since updating that).

All natural. My sister just had bariatric surgery. I'm supporting her, but I have some strong opinions regarding it. I think the business of BA is overshadowing health, and tons of people are getting approved who really should NOT qualify. At this point I've seen so many people misuse it, regret it, and regain all the weight back, plus more. I wish more people would realize that they ARE strong enough to do it on their own.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Yup. Easy peasy. A lot of people have trouble with wanting to eat more and not being able to...feeling hungry....having cravings....I'm just lucky in that none of that applies to me so it just comes down to math and patience.
  • TyphonRex
    TyphonRex Posts: 79 Member
    I went from 440 to 295 in about a year and a half in '08-'09 with the first hundred coming in ten months (I then went through some radical life changes and then plumb got lazy and have spent the last five years gaining it all back).

All just by counting calories, switching to diet soda, and getting to the gym occasionally.

There's nothing mystical or complicated about it. Just deliberate decisions.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    All of you guys are absolutely incredible! hope I am able to add to this post in a couple of months, looking to lose 100 pounds also!

If your ticker is current and you've lost 21 pounds so far, hoping to knock off another 79 in a "couple" months might be overly ambitious and lead to disappointment. More importantly (or at least more importantly in MY world because it's just about all that occupies my thoughts these days), if you lose that much that fast, your skin is likely to be in a sad state of affairs. I did about 80 - 90 of my loss in the last 5 months or so and I wish I had done it more slowly. I'm certain my skin will never recover without a surgery I would never even be able to dream of affording. Bathing suit season is creeping ever closer and I'm going to have to cover up more now than I ever did when I was fatter
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    I'm down just about 123lbs a few days shy of a year into this journey, definitely doable! Good luck!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    No surgery here!!! See ticker below!!! :wink:
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    No surgery here either! Just lots of sweat and tears.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    All of you guys are absolutely incredible! hope I am able to add to this post in a couple of months, looking to lose 100 pounds also!

If your ticker is current and you've lost 21 pounds so far, hoping to knock off another 79 in a "couple" months might be overly ambitious and lead to disappointment. More importantly (or at least more importantly in MY world because it's just about all that occupies my thoughts these days), if you lose that much that fast, your skin is likely to be in a sad state of affairs. I did about 80 - 90 of my loss in the last 5 months or so and I wish I had done it more slowly. I'm certain my skin will never recover without a surgery I would never even be able to dream of affording. Bathing suit season is creeping ever closer and I'm going to have to cover up more now than I ever did when I was fatter

That's a common assumption, but not necessarily true.

A ton of people, some right on this board, lost weight VERY slowly and still had huge issues with slack skin afterward.

Of course a lot of what people consider "loose skin" is really just hanging fat that can be lost, but that's another matter entirely.

For me I've lost both fast and slow, and it's never had any effect on the quality of my skin.
  • boxpunk
    boxpunk Posts: 52 Member
    such a great post. very inspired
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    207 pounds released.. no pills no surgeries eating clean, ex, moderation, water .. pics in my profile.. haven't fig out how to post. pics

now i have a great group to finish to my goal.. 28 pounds to go

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/18785-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    100poundslost01252014_zpseaa2ffc9.jpg
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Me. Lost over 90# on my own no surgeries
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Bump
  • Moxiemama5678
    Moxiemama5678 Posts: 31 Member
    I’m down 71lbs without surgery...50lbs more to go! I know I can do it without going under the knife.
  • donnadee1984
    donnadee1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Yep. 135 lost in 15 months, and I've been maintaining since September. Today was my 605th consecutive log-in day :)

beforeafter.jpg

More pics/details in my profile and blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls

Skin cope ok?.x
  • donnadee1984
    comogirl wrote: »
    Yup! I have lost 103lbs with diet and excercise alone. It only took me about 9 months. It is possible!

Skin cope ok? X
  • donnadee1984
    118 gone and counting. Calorie counting and moving more. :smile:

Youre skin cope ok x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!