Pink Team

I guess I'll start the pink team thread! :D Go pink!

Replies

• GrinderX
    GrinderX Posts: 25 Member
    Pink and proud!
  • robynw143
    robynw143 Posts: 65 Member
    Lizzie thank you for starting the Pink Chit chat area! Great Job

We need to get your team to weigh in I am missing 9 of them! and the last chance for those who haven't waiting in at all.

Great Job keep up the good work!
  • melbann
    melbann Posts: 115 Member
    Yeah Pink team. I hope everyone did well this week. I still haven't managed to get up the gusto to exercise. I think my problem is that I love to run but I can go outside to do it right now because winter in New Brunswick is crazy! And I do have a treadmill but since we didn't have enough room in the house it ended up in the unheated uninsulated unfinished porch/shed attached to the house. Which means winter is the only time I can't use it unless I want to freeze.

Exercising is easy to get yourself to do if you love the exercise. Unfortunately the only other machine I have is a stationary bike and I hate it. Oh well. Just 2 more months and I can start using my treadmill. Hopefully I can learn to put up with my bike til then.

BUT NSV: I have gone 2 solid weeks of eating healthy and tracking it! The most days in a row I've ever gone eating healthy was 3! So I am very proud of myself!

GO PINK
  • LizzieGirl14
    LizzieGirl14 Posts: 20 Member
    That's great, Melban, congratulations for sticking to it! Personally I love stationary bikes. :) I'd rather use those or a treadmill vs going outside any day as I'm severely asthmatic and pollen/cut grass/dust/weather all play a huge part in my attacks. But my stationary is broken atm. >.<
  • robynw143
    robynw143 Posts: 65 Member
    I used to love going to spin classes and infact I went back last week after 10 months.

Bike are a wonderful exercise!
  • melbann
    melbann Posts: 115 Member
    Luckily I have no allergies. But I prefer treadmills over stationary bikes simply because I have a hard time convincing myself to keep exercising and with I bike I tend to quit since I am powering it but with a treadmill I keep think "Well I can do 1 more minute"

I don't run outside ever but I live near my brother now (who a few years back lost over 90 lbs in like 4 months, he was like 18 then) so we like to go for walk together with our parents dog and talk.
  • Congrats on the first weight in. Let's go pink!!!!!
  • WOO! My favorite color is pink :D Have any of you guys tried the 30 day shred?

Do we weigh in every Monday? Was that the deal?
  • Yes every monday.
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    BUT NSV: I have gone 2 solid weeks of eating healthy and tracking it! The most days in a row I've ever gone eating healthy was 3! So I am very proud of myself!

GO PINK

Wonderful job logging. To me it makes all the difference in the world for my success.
  • kimjutjor
    WOO! My favorite color is pink :D Have any of you guys tried the 30 day shred?

I am trying to make myself do the 30 day shred. I did one day and it was not bad and then got sidetracked and then was sore. I think it works well if you can commit. So many have done and continue to re-do it. And so that is what I am working on now, too cold to walk/run outside and I want a known time workout to do each morning so it doesn't make me late to work. Will let you know once I really get going on it.
  • GrinderX
    purple seems much better organized than us...
  • LizzieGirl14
    Hey Pink Team. :) Sorry I kinda disappeared this week, first week at work after having a week off, so feeling pretty tired. Went a couple days without working out due to exhaustion, so I cut my calories even more in those days. Everyone keep up the good work!

Grinder, more organized, how? If you have suggestions, share them. :)
  • GrinderX
    Just an observation. I' just saying, they seem to have more team spirit and stuff. personally i prefer just doing mown thing and checking in each week. I'm losing weight, so i'm doing my part for the team.
  • Just an observation. I' just saying, they seem to have more team spirit and stuff. personally i prefer just doing mown thing and checking in each week. I'm losing weight, so i'm doing my part for the team.

Hi pink team! Thought id be nosy and see how you all r doing... I see there is a MINOR disappointment but don't get discouraged. Remember, you are your own competition. We all gotta keep pushing ourselves to get to our personal goals. Nothing feels better than achieving more than you think you can!

We're not against each other , we're all in this challenge TOGETHER. :)

Ps. It helps to add friends so you can keep each other accountable on a regular basis. Feel free to add me! :)
  • GrinderX
    I think we should elect a team leader for the Pink team. someone to be in charge of motivating us.
  • LizzieGirl14
    Ok so I hate drama so I'll only say this once... I've read some of your other posts, Grinder and you seem to be very negative or overly competitive... To me those are both rather debilitating traits.. Especially when trying to lose weight... Perhaps a friendly challenge group isn't for you. Yes, the purple group (see how I removed the word team to seem less agitating?) posts more than we do, but if you try to make too much of a challenge out of becoming healthier, you set yourself up for failure. Now, I said it last week and I'll say it again this week: perhaps if you think we lack organization and motivating skills, YOU should step forward and say something helpful and motivating instead of negativity. :) Those are my only thoughts on the matter.
  • kimjutjor
    I am still struggling with consistent exercise, but feel I am finally starting to get back in the swing of it. Got out of my routine when the kids were home for college break and it has been so hard to get back into the routine of daily exercise. So my goal for February is to be consistent in doing some sort of daily exercise so that it becomes my routine again and I miss it when it doesn't happen. Have signed up for my first 5K of the year on March1st so I need to be making progress so I can beat my last time.

What are you Pink Teamers doing to make February a great month of progress towards your ultimate goals???
  • GrinderX
    I;ve been stepping forward and saying my peace,m and then i get called names for pointing out the obvious. Not very encouraging.

anyways, i check in and weigh in and i'm losing weight, so i'm doing my part. Shame on me for wanting more for our team i guess.

I guess i'm a good scape goat though. i don't see you calling out the team members that ARN'T losing weight...

so i guess you can just call me out and i'm the reason this team isn't all that it should be. how convenient.
  • GrinderX
    Good luck pink team, if you don't want my opinion then i'll just shut up and weigh in.

Shame on me for wanting a bit of team spirit around here, and noticing the OBVIOUS difference between the teams.