It would be nice...

Keeleelee55
Keeleelee55 Posts: 45 Member
If we had a sub-board for diabetic friendly recipes instead of having to root through the "other" recipe board and then try to figure out how to change them up. I have to admit that I'm not the best cook in the kitchen so going by what others have tried helps me out a lot. Just a though. :happy:

Replies

• blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    I'd like this too. I know everyone's tolerance for different types of carbs varies but it would be a good to share what works for them. Lots of so called diabetic recipes are not always as suitable or as low carb as some of us would like. May be a good starter for newbies too, we're told a lot about what not to eat that it can be quite daunting trying to workout what to eat.

How about having a recipe post pinned to the top of our message board so recipes don't get lost.
  • What if we made a new group titled something along the lines of 'Diabetic Recipes', linked to it in a post here, and then made a thread for certain recipes where people could just post their recipes?

Possible Thread Titles:

Main Dish- Beef
    Main Dish- Poultry
    Main Disk- Pork
    Main Dish- Vegetarian
    Soups
    Low Carb (30 carbs or less)
    Desserts

I don't know, just a suggestion :)
  • blackiris49
    Bump. :smile:
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    I copied and pasted this information below, from the moderators forum, posted by Steven, one of the MFP Staff members.

If you created a group that remains active, but you yourself are planning to leave the site, it is ideal to add another group member to the "Administrator/Users who can edit the group" field before leaving.

If you are a member or moderator of a group that suddenly has no Admin due to the departure of a member, and you are willing to take over the admin role, please drop me a line at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/steven so that I can add you as an administrator to the group.

I'm unsure if the original creator of this group, established in 2012, is still active or not?

All are great suggestions. Someone might want to send Steven a note asking if there's an active moderator for the T2 support group currently. If not, someone in this thread may be interested in taking on that role. I'm confident additional pinned topics for our community boards would be very beneficial.

Ie; recipes, food, meters, testing and exercise in addition to pinning the "carb count" and "whats your fasting BG" topics too.
  • blackiris49

If you created a group that remains active, but you yourself are planning to leave the site, it is ideal to add another group member to the "Administrator/Users who can edit the group" field before leaving.

If you are a member or moderator of a group that suddenly has no Admin due to the departure of a member, and you are willing to take over the admin role, please drop me a line at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/steven so that I can add you as an administrator to the group.

I'm unsure if the original creator of this group, established in 2012, is still active or not?

As above, the founder/admin/moderator has not been active on MFP for about 24 months, group started 1/03/2012. I have sent her a message, if it will be received I have no idea.

Anyone willing to take on the position(s).
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Hi everyone, I've messaged Steven indicating I'm interested in taking on the role of this groups admin/moderator.
  • blackiris49
    :happy: Good of you :flowerforyou: