eating around work

i work tomorrow form 4:30 until 10:30. during this six hours, i won't be able to eat anything at all. which means that i'll have to eat when i come home at around 11. and after work, i'm always so exhausted that i want to go to sleep right away and i know eating and then going to sleep is a big no-no. what is a hungry working person supposed to do? (and to make matters worse, i work at a hibachi grill which makes a point to feed its employees after every shift...as in fattening greasy fake japanese food...):

Replies

• i work tomorrow form 4:30 until 10:30. during this six hours, i won't be able to eat anything at all. which means that i'll have to eat when i come home at around 11. and after work, i'm always so exhausted that i want to go to sleep right away and i know eating and then going to sleep is a big no-no. what is a hungry working person supposed to do? (and to make matters worse, i work at a hibachi grill which makes a point to feed its employees after every shift...as in fattening greasy fake japanese food...):
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    This is too long to go without eating regardless of the hour. I imagine that at some time during your shift you will get a break. You should take something healthy to eat. Perhaps a protein bar, or some nuts with a piece of fruit.

When you get home you should have something nutritious that will stick with you, Maybe a package of instant oatmeal.

Good Luck!
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    I sympathize with you. I will be up at 3am tomorrow making sandwiches for my job. It's really hard to resist the temptation. Just try to remember your goals. Maybe, try to eat something before work if you can. And definitely bring a good snack.
  • hallusmc
    hallusmc Posts: 51 Member
    Do they have sushi at your work? That could be a healthy alternative.
  • I definitely sympathize! I work nights at the most fattening restaurant in the world! And what do they offer us to take home every night? Fried chicken and macaroni and cheese...

I'm trying to figure out this system as well. For one, I eat a really good breakfast as early in the morning as I can manage. Then I eat a very healthy lunch right before heading to work. I try to get most of my daily calories in those two meals. If I need to, I take a pb&j sandwich to work to munch on through my shift. The instant packets of oatmeal are awesome, too. I stick one in my apron and can eat it fairly quickly when I have a second to breath and all you need is hot water.