People's Kindness--driving me to temptation!

I've already eaten dinner and just now a lady from the church--God bless her!--dropped by with a bowl of her homemade chicken salad. Now, let me tell you--this is no ordinary chicken salad but the best chicken salad this side of heaven! Made of all white meat, too!

Problem is, I've no calories left, and this whole bowl sitting there looking at me! My DH just made himself a big ole' sandwich with it, too. :grumble: :grumble:

Oh man, I could eat the whole rest of the bowl in one inhalation! f080.gif

Must resist chicken salad--must resist chicken salad!!

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    I've already eaten dinner and just now a lady from the church--God bless her!--dropped by with a bowl of her homemade chicken salad. Now, let me tell you--this is no ordinary chicken salad but the best chicken salad this side of heaven! Made of all white meat, too!

Problem is, I've no calories left, and this whole bowl sitting there looking at me! My DH just made himself a big ole' sandwich with it, too. :grumble: :grumble:

Oh man, I could eat the whole rest of the bowl in one inhalation! f080.gif

Must resist chicken salad--must resist chicken salad!!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Save it for tomorrow! "There's always tomorrow for dreams to come true"...I think that's from Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer, kind of out of season, but that's ok. Then you have something to look forward to!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    That's so hard!!! You can do it. Although I can't promise you won't have chicken salad dreams tonight :tongue:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    ...and make sure when you DO eat it, have it on raisin bread.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
  • veedee
    veedee Posts: 26
    God bless her good ole heart!!!! Just think how great it will taste tomorrow when you have calories and you've ridden a few miles!!!! Don't let the :devil: tempt you!!! You can hold off!!!!
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    I do believe chicken salad gets better overnight!! Tomorrow it will be soooo much better than it is tonight. (Chicken salad is one of my favorites.... willpower....willpower...willpower :wink:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Ok here is the plan : get a small container, put half of the chicken salad in the fridge( hide it in the back so dh doesn't get it) and step away from it. It will be there tomorrow ( make sure its hidden behind something else) and it will have better aroma then today....
    On the other hand eat it and count it for tomorrow ( extra miles....)
  • shorerider
    I think I'll go to bed early tonight so I don't have to think about it!

I know what's for breakfast tomorrow though! :tongue: :tongue:
  • Maybe do a little work out of some kind to work away the calories BEFORE you have a small bite tonight. Take a nice walk, ride a bike? Then figure out about how much you could have, and know while you are working out that it is for a good cause!!! Then no Guilt.

My husband is the worst for that. The minute I would say I am going on a diet, he would bring candy home, and not just any candy, all the chocolate bars he knows I can't walk away from. Then he would put them in the freezer in the garage, so unknowing me goes out there and there would be like 6 candy bars. It isn't until I get really mad at him does he realize I mean it and stop bringing it.

You know the worst part of that is...
    He rarely ever eats them. It must be a mental thing to keep me fat.
  • tweety3
    tweety3 Posts: 118
    Don't bite!!!! You are doing sooo good! Just keep looking at those pounds lost and go for a little walk, throw in some laundry. or anything to get your mind off. They are right though, it will be way better tomorrow after it sits!! You can do it!!!!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    This was what you wrote on the 27th, you worked so hard, DON'T DO IT TONIGHT, TOMORROW WILL BE FINE :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Soooo--yesterday I lost 8/10 of a pound and was so afraid I'd get on the scale today and see higher numbers. I've been struggling all month with losing 1/2 pound, gaining 1/2 pound over and over. Then yesterday, it was 8/10 pound loss.

This morning, I got on the scale, almost afraid to open my eyes but I do and I see.....

229.4!!!!!!!! That's 1/2 pound loss since yesterday and that means I'm under 230!! for the first time in 25 years or so!

AND--that means I have now lost 50 pounds!

thanks everyone for listening to my rants and tantrums lately! I was getting so frustrated, and it was great to have y'all supporting me.

Banks--thanks for the post on how you avoided plateaus. Last week, I upped my calories by 100 to 1300 a day. And, I begin to seriously look at my fat and carb intake. I cut back on both--carbs. I was always under on both but I upped my protein and cut back on those two areas.

Not sure what worked but something did and that's all I care about!
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    This was what you wrote on the 27th, you worked so hard, DON'T DO IT TONIGHT, TOMORROW WILL BE FINE (A half cup :wink: ):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Soooo--yesterday I lost 8/10 of a pound and was so afraid I'd get on the scale today and see higher numbers. I've been struggling all month with losing 1/2 pound, gaining 1/2 pound over and over. Then yesterday, it was 8/10 pound loss.

This morning, I got on the scale, almost afraid to open my eyes but I do and I see.....

229.4!!!!!!!! That's 1/2 pound loss since yesterday and that means I'm under 230!! for the first time in 25 years or so!

AND--that means I have now lost 50 pounds!

thanks everyone for listening to my rants and tantrums lately! I was getting so frustrated, and it was great to have y'all supporting me.

Banks--thanks for the post on how you avoided plateaus. Last week, I upped my calories by 100 to 1300 a day. And, I begin to seriously look at my fat and carb intake. I cut back on both--carbs. I was always under on both but I upped my protein and cut back on those two areas.

Not sure what worked but something did and that's all I care about!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Go to bed and eat some for breakfast!!!
  • shorerider
    I went to bed and put pillow over my ears so I couldn't hear it calling me :tongue:

Now, I'm enjoying my chicken salad breakfast [num num num]!!

Coffee and chicken salad--a new treat :tongue:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Breakfast of Champions! :laugh: Happy Friday! Way to hold off on that chicken salad till today! Now you can figure it into your calories and be guilt-free. Have a great day!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    I went to bed and put pillow over my ears so I couldn't hear it calling me :tongue:

Now, I'm enjoying my chicken salad breakfast [num num num]!!

Coffee and chicken salad--a new treat :tongue:

I rarely eat breakfast food for breakfast. I would rather eat a cold grilled chicken breast (cuz I know it's PURE), than a Denny's breakfast. :grumble:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    A breakfast full of protein!!!
  • shorerider
    A breakfast full of protein!!!

and fat! I bout died when I saw how much fat that stuff probably had in it. I didn't know what she put in it exactly, so just guessed and picked some generic sounding equivalent off the list. :noway: Ended up eating about 75% of my fat allowance in those little 6 ozs. of salad. :sick: