YAGOG Success Stories - Post em' please!

cyoka13
cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
Hey All -

Last summer (2013) I started YAGOG but only made it through about 7 weeks of the beginner program. I would get frustrated with the pull exercises and if I missed a workout, I was never really sure if I should do the workout I missed or move on to the next one. Since last summer, I have been in maintenance in terms of weight but I still want to decrease my body fat percentage. I want the results of heavy lifting but without access to a gym, I think YAGOG is my best bet. So now I am revisiting it.

Can you all share your success stories? Pics, measurements, weight, rep changes...etc. Whatever you have! I would love to hear about your progress.

Thank you!

Replies

• AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Hi there,

If you go look in my profile pics, the first set of photos are my before. The second set are after doing the YAYOG DVD Novice level for about 6 weeks. That was without counting calories, because I was too stressed at the time. Oddly, during that whole period I actually lost a little, rather than gaining. I'd post larger, clearer photos here, but I seriously cannot figure the photo thing out, and the instructions for using Photobucket seem to be out of date. Grrr. I've sent 7 test emails to myself to try to figure this out, but I have to get back to grading.

Anyway, now I'm up to the intermediate DVD (though it's *really* challenging) and I'm eating around 1900 calories only most days. I'm 5'7", by the way. I think you're on my FL, so you'll see my next set of updates in 6 weeks or so. I was doing the book Body By You (same author, geared to women) BUT I am a lazy sod, and I wasn't really pushing myself. I switched to the DVD because his pacing helps hold me more accountable. Anyway, the changes are noticeable when the photos are larger, but see what you think based on my profile pics.
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    I don't have pics, but here's my report. I've been doing the app. I'm in week 8 of my second run through the basic level. Scrolling back through MFP, I started sept. 30, but I was very sporadic about it at first. It looks like I didn't get regular about it till novemberish. Anyway, per my log, I weighed 168.5 then. Today I weigh 132. And I have muscles! You can see them. And not just in my legs, where I get muscles easily, but in my arms and back, where I swear I haven't really had them before. Also, I don't know my body fat percentage in September, but I suspect it was not good. I had it measured about a week ago, and it was 18 percent. So stick with it!
  • andit001
    andit001 Posts: 33 Member
    I don't have pictures either. But my arms and shoulders look better, I actually have muscles there now (never really had that before). My legs look more muscular, too. If you stick to the body weight training stuff from Mark Lauren, you surely see results. At the moment I am doing the DVD on novice level (or at least I will again after I am well as I've caught a cold lately).
  • cyoka13
    Hi there,

If you go look in my profile pics, the first set of photos are my before. The second set are after doing the YAYOG DVD Novice level for about 6 weeks. That was without counting calories, because I was too stressed at the time. Oddly, during that whole period I actually lost a little, rather than gaining. I'd post larger, clearer photos here, but I seriously cannot figure the photo thing out, and the instructions for using Photobucket seem to be out of date. Grrr. I've sent 7 test emails to myself to try to figure this out, but I have to get back to grading.

Anyway, now I'm up to the intermediate DVD (though it's *really* challenging) and I'm eating around 1900 calories only most days. I'm 5'7", by the way. I think you're on my FL, so you'll see my next set of updates in 6 weeks or so. I was doing the book Body By You (same author, geared to women) BUT I am a lazy sod, and I wasn't really pushing myself. I switched to the DVD because his pacing helps hold me more accountable. Anyway, the changes are noticeable when the photos are larger, but see what you think based on my profile pics.

I can definitely see a difference in your pics! Hmm, I might look into getting the DVD's. I guess I get bored with looking at the book and going back to the DVD. Do you have any equipment for pull exercises?
  • cyoka13
    I don't have pics, but here's my report. I've been doing the app. I'm in week 8 of my second run through the basic level. Scrolling back through MFP, I started sept. 30, but I was very sporadic about it at first. It looks like I didn't get regular about it till novemberish. Anyway, per my log, I weighed 168.5 then. Today I weigh 132. And I have muscles! You can see them. And not just in my legs, where I get muscles easily, but in my arms and back, where I swear I haven't really had them before. Also, I don't know my body fat percentage in September, but I suspect it was not good. I had it measured about a week ago, and it was 18 percent. So stick with it!

Wow! Sounds like you have some great results! Over the summer, I did feel a difference. I know if I stick with it, I will see some change. Thanks for sharing!
  • AbbeyDove

I can definitely see a difference in your pics! Hmm, I might look into getting the DVD's. I guess I get bored with looking at the book and going back to the DVD. Do you have any equipment for pull exercises?

I don't have any pull equipment, other than a door knob and a table. The DVD focuses on the transition from a military press to a half dive-bomber at the intermediate level. I find that I work much harder with the DVD, whereas left to my own devices I didn't push as hard when I was doing BBY (book for women by the same author). Eh, I'm a slacker at heart, to be honest. It helps to have something visual that makes me work.
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    bump...
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    I got bored of it and did about 5 weeks - the basic option- I was seeing major difference in my arms - and how many reps I was doing... I should get back to it... I just found the exercises got too difficult - even the most basic version...
  • AbbeyDove
    Nathalier71, are you using the DVDs or the App? I've been thinking about moving on to the app after I finally make it up to the advanced level. I know what you mean about it being really challenging. I have to trick myself to get myself to do it. I say, "Ok, I don't have to do every rep if I don't want to," and then, of course, once you're doing it you want to at least try!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    I was doing the app - I plan on starting again - just need that extra bit of motivation =)
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    I'm seven weeks into the second level, and loving it so far. Some days are more challenging then others but have seen a lot of changes to by body. My legs have become leaner but strong (I love strong legs!), I have a lot more definition in my arms/upper body and my bum has became a lot more pert/firmer ;) I've had a lot of compliments on it in recent months and the guy I'm involved with loves my bum haha.

I've always had fairly strong legs in the last few years from walking and running but can definitely see a difference since starting YAYOG. I've always lacked in upper body strength and it's where I'm still have the biggest challenges/difficulties but also noticed the most gains. I'm still trying to lose that last little bit of body fat on my stomach but trying to be patient.

YAYOG works great for me as I hate the gym personally and it fits in easiest with my lifestyle. It also feels more natural to me than lifting weights (though there is nothing sexier than seeing females lift heavy, I have nothing but admiration for them) but I have purchased some resistance bands just to throw that extra bit in.
  • yash_hh
    yash_hh Posts: 109 Member
    Started YAYOG Beginner this January.

Started 1st Class 3 Weeks ago. Now pausing it and started FREELETICS.

YAYOG made me a Zero Sportsman capable of doing the following in the last 2 Days:

1. Workout
    200 Push ups (150 on Knees)
    160 Jack Knives
    200 Deep Squads

2. Workout

100 Sec Pullups
    13 assisted ones
    300 Second Squads
    Reached 130
    100 Sec Pullups
    11 assisted ones

Today every Muscle hurts but YAYOG made me know and Love this feeling so much. This Routine is waiting 4 me the next 2 days again. I'm ready I'm prepared and I will beat my Personal bests thx to YAYOG.

Also I Lost 24 Pounds so far this year. My Upper Body looks like a Human Body Again and my Legs.... Goddamit you could Name the muscles one by one so clearly they are visible.

Sorry 4 the bad English ^^ I'm from germany. Hope the Message arrives YAYOG is awesome! Never had a better result 4 the Time.