For me, *this* is why WEIGHTS over CARDIO is KEY!

Replies

• LunaInverse
    LunaInverse Posts: 109 Member
    You have a killer body!!! I'm glad I woke up to the benefits of weight lifting early onto my weightloss journey. It's the best way to shape up :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Thanks, all - you are very kind.

:smile:
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Bump! This is some great info....
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • Beeps2011
    Here is my year-over-year (from end-of-January, 2013 to end-of-January, 2014).

NOTE: my scale weight didn't change much. My measurements didn't change much. But, to me, you can clearly see that my BODYSHAPE is different. I think, but am unclear, that this demonstrates "recomp". :happy:

1551737_10151868841290770_1443998385_n_zps8a9a9f34.jpg

slide2_zps56a531b0.jpg

AND HERE, is what I look like when "dressed" in FINE FABRICS (this is a Vera Wang sample - size 8! - photo taken January 31, 2014 on my way to a formal gala)....I don't intend to do "bikini" shots, anymore. I NEVER wear bikinis and so, it seems MORE appropriate, to me, to take photos in outfits that hi-light my GOOD features and downplay my NOT-SO-GOOD features....

chamberballnoface_zpsea9c787e.jpg
  • Beeps2011
    I am 5'9" tall....but with THOSE (FABULOUS! PURPLE!) heels, in the above picture I'm grazing about 6'2"....
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    WOW!!!!!!!!! You look amazing - Well done!!!

Just goes to show its all about lifting and not so much cardio!!!!!!!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    awesomeness!!
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    You look amazing!!! Can you please share what your routine was for the lower body?? I would love to incorporate that into my routine!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I think that all women should work out with heavy weights but it is especially important as you get older (I'm 51). Cardio is important for stamina and heart health but if you want to get your *kitten* off the back of thighs and continue to wear sleeveless clothes (no batwings) weights are the way to go. You look great and are inspiring me to work out harder!
  • Beeps2011
    Thanks, ladies!

claudie08 - if you read through this thread, the work-outs (always full-body, I don't do any splits!) that I did are all listed!

BOOM!
  • Beeps2011
    I am currently doing a full repeat of Venus Advanced Strength Series, Modules 1 thru 4.....each module is four weeks worth of workouts.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Congrats! I have never lifted weights!
  • Beeps2011
    Sunshine2plus ~ I hope you add some resistance-training into your fitness regimen! It really HELPS!

BOOM!
  • shell6469
    shell6469 Posts: 54 Member
    Inspiring... Thank you for the post. You look great!
  • HSnyder1984
    HSnyder1984 Posts: 21 Member
    You look amazing. My fiance is always trying to get me to lift with him but I preferred cardio because I thought it would help me loose faster. After seeing your results I think I'm going to take him up on that offer!
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    You look amazing! Love the visual proof that lifting is key!
  • You look fantastic!

I just started lifting weights ~ 5 weeks ago and am excited to see how I progress. I took pics and measurements and will hopefully have a post like this in due time...

Best wishes in your future goals :drinker:
  • 902sexxi
    902sexxi Posts: 32 Member
    This keeps me motivated to keep on lifting. Sometimes I have to remind myself that lifting will pay off in the long run. You look great!
  • Frankietb
    Frankietb Posts: 69 Member
    You look amazing! Excellent dedication! I totally see a difference between the 2 shots.

Love your dress! You look very elegant. :)
  • Cookie_4
    Cookie_4 Posts: 152 Member
    *inspired*. Going to incorporate more weights into workout routine! Thanks for the post. You look so good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!