Avoiding Jello

just thought ya'll would be interested to know that Jell-o is made from boiled bones and animal parts....... ewww..... :sick: i used to love jell-o NOT NO MORE!

hold on i'll find the ste .......

Replies

• ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    just thought ya'll would be interested to know that Jell-o is made from boiled bones and animal parts....... ewww..... :sick: i used to love jell-o NOT NO MORE!

hold on i'll find the ste .......
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    ahhhhh! thats soooooo GROSS!!!!!!!!!!! are you for serious!?!?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I've known that for ages....

What really gets to me....is how it jiggles.....oh it grosses me out!
  • ericarey85
    YEP! give me a sec i'll find the site
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Yeah, any gelatin product is. Since I am trying really hard to avoid jiggling, I am also going to avoid eating things that jiggle. :laugh:
  • ericarey85
    Here you go...... :grumble:

http://snopes.com/food/ingredient/jello.asp
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Yeah, it's kind of gross BUT look where everything else ( except fruits & veggies) comes from?

Cheeseburgers...Ham..bacon....all animal parts.:bigsmile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    I don't go out of my way to eat it, but given the contents, it is a source of protein. I didn't say GOOD source of protein, just a source. :tongue:

I don't have a problem with it.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Yeah, any gelatin product is. Since I am trying really hard to avoid jiggling, I am also going to avoid eating things that jiggle. :laugh:

See! It's just not right.....all jigglin around on the plate.....YECK!
    I had to make one of those elaborate, take forever ribbon jello molds for chirstmas.....oh when I plopped it on the plate I almost lost it.
  • time2wrk

See! It's just not right.....all jigglin around on the plate.....YECK!
    I had to make one of those elaborate, take forever ribbon jello molds for chirstmas.....oh when I plopped it on the plate I almost lost it.

Bleah, I am with you. My oldest son LOVES jello molds. My mother-in-law makes them for him and my husband. My younger son and I stay the heck away from them. We go have cake or something instead. I can deal with pudding, but not jello.
  • time2wrk
    Plus, I am a chocoholic. Tootie fruity flavors don't tempt me at all!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Pudding is barely acceptable to me...haha....I am thinking it's a texture thing, cause I struggle with yogurt and cottage cheese too.

Something a little more solid any day
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    I remember as a kid, some kid in grade school was telling everyone that jello was made from horse hoofs...guess they weren't all that far off.
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Pudding is barely acceptable to me...haha....I am thinking it's a texture thing, cause I struggle with yogurt and cottage cheese too.

Something a little more solid any day

ChubbyBunny, I'm with you. I've always said my life would be easier if I could eat yogurt. I can't choke any of that stuff down (yogurt, pudding, cottage cheese). The textures make me wanna gag, in the worst way! :sick: :bigsmile: :sick: :bigsmile:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    If anything MOVES on my plate or on my fork.. it doesn't go in my mouth LMAO!
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    oh gosh!! Seriously trying not to puke at work right now.......:sick: :sick: :sick:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Fine!

See if I make my jello/hot dog casserole for any of you! :angry:

:tongue:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You all just crack me up! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Where Jell-o comes from is no secret.
    It truly is animal bones and hooves.
    Its also where some of the best glues are made.
    It's because of the chemical properties in all bones that make it connect to each other.

You can think of Jell-O as watered down, sugared glue if you like.

I still think its delicious, esp green or orange, YUM!

But then again, if you want to get grossed out, find out the allowable amount of "other" meat that goes in to hot dogs, I'll give you a hint, its in the double digits.

Happy Feasting everyone! :drinker:
  • for real? ewwww....I used to eat so much jellos cause i thought it was just sugar and fruity stuff...so much for being a vegetarian..