Should I be logging exercise?

I exercise 5-6 times a week - a mixture of strength training and cardio in the form of exercise classes. I have calculated my TDEE (1560kcal) so have set this on MFP. Should I log my exercise each day and eat NET of 1560kcal or eat a total of 1560kcal regardless, i.e. whether it's a training day or rest day? I am concerned that MFP overestimate calories burned during exercise so I am scared to trust it in case I eat more calories than I need to.

I am trying to lose body fat and tone.

Thanks.

Replies

• Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    https://www.google.com.ph/search?q=primusweb+activity+calculator&oq=pribusweb&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j0l5.7188j0j4&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

u should go to this website for to be sure on your calorie burns.

after u put on ur weight on the box there it will give all the kinds of daily activities and their calorie burns.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    If you are doing the TDEE method that means you don't eat back exercise calories as it should already be figured into your number.

You can still log your exercise but change the calorie burn to 1
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    If you are doing the TDEE method that means you don't eat back exercise calories as it should already be figured into your number.

You can still log your exercise but change the calorie burn to 1

This; assuming you included exercise in your TDEE calculation. If you did not and calculated based on sedentary with no exercise, then you should be logging it.
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    TDEE: Do not log exercise
    MFP: Log exercise
  • spil030
    spil030 Posts: 2 Member
    For the most accurate idea of how many calories you are/should be burning, go to http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/. There is a full simulator you can enter your details into, and you can play with the numbers to change the graphs to get an idea of what you can and can't do :) [and there is a tutorial video online too]
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    I am totally guessing but at 1560kcal I would assume you are not using TDEE.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Thanks all - pretty much confirmed what I'm doing is right as I am not currently logging exercise
    I am totally guessing but at 1560kcal I would assume you are not using TDEE.

I am using TDEE - it is around 2060, hence the 1560 daily goal.
  • RiotMTB
    For the most accurate idea of how many calories you are/should be burning, go to http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/. There is a full simulator you can enter your details into, and you can play with the numbers to change the graphs to get an idea of what you can and can't do :) [and there is a tutorial video online too]

Wow...this is a great tool! Thanks for sharing!
  • RiotMTB
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, makes more sense.
  • lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member

[/quote]

Ah, makes more sense.
    [/quote]

Sorry I can see why my initial message was confusing - should read TDEE -500kcal for 1lb fat loss.