What motivational quote kept you going ?

Replies

• 'Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.' - Tony Robbins
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    <---- it's my profile picture now :)
  • MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Sometimes i feel like giving up but then I have all these M.F. to prove wrong.
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    "Yesterday you said 'tomorrow'"

Also "don't quit lil' *kitten*! Keep going!" - guy who ran past me on my route a couple of weeks ago. Every time I get to that point on my runs now I'm like HELL YEAH I'M GOING TO KEEP GOING, RANDOM DUDE!
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    "Take care of your body, It's the only place you have to live"

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"

"Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will"

"You don't always get what you wish for, you get what you work for!"

"Stop competing with others and start competing with yourself"

:) I love inspirational quotes. Anyone can follow me on Pinterest if you'd like! http://www.pinterest.com/lightonlife/get-fit/
  • Latse
    Latse Posts: 61 Member
    I think it is a JM Quote "You will pass out, before you die" It pops into my head when ever I want to slow down or quit a run early. I will not die, I'll just pass out. :)
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Bump!
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.

I hate the abuse of grammar but I keep it around anyway.
  • nm212
    <---- it's my profile picture now :)

NICE :smile:
  • madds2
    madds2 Posts: 25 Member
    "Sweat is fat crying" Kinda of goofy but I like it!
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Went to find exact words for this one, apparently by Henry Ford:

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

He had some other nice ones too:

“You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.”

“Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain”

“Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.”

“It has been my observation that most people get ahead during the time that others waste”

“When everything seem to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it ....”

“One of the greatest discoveries a person makes, one of their great surprises, is to find they can do what they were afraid they couldn't do.”
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Doesn't matter if it's a 5min mile or a 20min mile, it's still a mile.

I also like Pain is just fear leaving the body (although I do threaten to hit the trainer when he says it half way through class)

and
    If it ain't hurtin, it ain't working
  • The one that has stuck with me on MFP is "Beating yourself up doesn't burn carlories." I took that to heart and stopped doing it.
  • foxxyroxy12
    foxxyroxy12 Posts: 25 Member
    Sometimes I feel the need to chant something to push myself. When I want to quit I just repeat:

Pain is temporary, pride is forever!!
  • nm212
    fd11817fd92dff9e86266a0e85bb6b3a.jpg
  • robynlcox
    robynlcox Posts: 4 Member
    Mine is a Bible verse: "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."
  • "Yesterday you said 'tomorrow'"

Also "don't quit lil' *kitten*! Keep going!" - guy who ran past me on my route a couple of weeks ago. Every time I get to that point on my runs now I'm like HELL YEAH I'M GOING TO KEEP GOING, RANDOM DUDE!

AWESOME!!! Funny how something so small and random can really get to people.

Every time I want to skip a workout I say to myself "Never again" and visualize the pic I took on day 1. Not a pretty sight.
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    "Never give up on a dream because of the length of time it will take to accomplish. The time will pass anyway."

"Take care of your body, it is the only place you have to live in."

"You're only one workout away from a good mood."
  • ironchick84
    ironchick84 Posts: 27 Member
    Bump