Those evil fiends at Applebee's should be fed to a pack of s

If there are any true masochists on this website, here's an exercise that would have driven Mother Theresa into a fit of sailor-like profanity. Try to find the nutritional information for a plain cheese quesadilla. Doesn't sound to difficult, ehhh? Just check the internet, right. Nowhere to be found. Call the Applebee's customer service line. Maybe you'll have the good fortune to talk to Todd the Applebee operator who will tell you in so many words that finding nutritional information for normal menu items is tantamount with finding DB Cooper. Applebee's will not under any circumstances give the information. Apparently they fear that the Cold War is not truly over and a band of renegade Bolsheviks are prowling around the Kremlin debating how to get their hands on the calorie content of Applebee's guacamole in their quest for world domination. Anyway, after this ordeal I would rather eat a can of ptomaine poisoned rattlesnake meat then anything that they have to offer at "my neighborhood restaurant"

Yours truly,

Reverend JS Venzetti
Church of the Perpetual Food Allergy
Rockford, MN

Replies

• If there are any true masochists on this website, here's an exercise that would have driven Mother Theresa into a fit of sailor-like profanity. Try to find the nutritional information for a plain cheese quesadilla. Doesn't sound to difficult, ehhh? Just check the internet, right. Nowhere to be found. Call the Applebee's customer service line. Maybe you'll have the good fortune to talk to Todd the Applebee operator who will tell you in so many words that finding nutritional information for normal menu items is tantamount with finding DB Cooper. Applebee's will not under any circumstances give the information. Apparently they fear that the Cold War is not truly over and a band of renegade Bolsheviks are prowling around the Kremlin debating how to get their hands on the calorie content of Applebee's guacamole in their quest for world domination. Anyway, after this ordeal I would rather eat a can of ptomaine poisoned rattlesnake meat then anything that they have to offer at "my neighborhood restaurant"

Yours truly,

Reverend JS Venzetti
    Church of the Perpetual Food Allergy
    Rockford, MN
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Wow! When you come down off your pedestal I just wanted to let you know that there is a place on their website where you can email comments/suggestions/etc.

I have done this many times ranting about just this topic. Not that it helps, but it makes me feel better that SOMEBODY there is reading my comments.
  • vickyt
    vickyt Posts: 110 Member
    HAHAHA you made my day:wink:
    Here's to healthy home cooked meals:laugh:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    i don't do applebee. we as in 6 of us ate there and waited 40 mins for food. adults food comes cold, little ones come steaming hot and they burned their mouths. complained and got a whole 25% off and offered free dessert. well the meals we got came with a free dessert to begin with. complained by email and months later heard from someone and was promised a free meal. never got it, than someone else calls, i mentioned free meal, "oh she doesn't work here anymore." than the store manager calls please come back in for a meal and i'll take care of it. well, we go and to our amazment we got a free dessert. still had to pay for dinner. never will eat there again.

found this:
    Low-fat Chicken Quesadilla (742 cal/13.8 g fat/10.7 g fiber/89.5 g carbs)

there is a site called dotties weight loss zone. she does WW but some of her listings do have calorie info. this was one was on her list. since i am not sure what you had. when you get to her site just go into resturants.

hope the info helps
    chipper
  • my suggestion, if you want to cut calories...limit your eating out...simple their portions are to fill...not to lose weight...sure there are healthy choice restaurants....but you can easily find yourself at the end of a 800 calorie healthy dinner, with little numbers left over. Home cooked meals are the best, applebees is definately not a place one should think about restrictive eating
  • Edwina
    Edwina Posts: 12 Member
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition/search.php?q=applebees&b=&page=4&so=

Check this, I'm not sure if this is the quesadilla that you had there, but go through the other pages until you find the one you had. These are pretty accurate. This website has nutrition information for most major retaurants in the United States. I use it quite a bit before I go out to pick the healthiest choices at most restaurants. :tongue:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    LOL! Yeah, any place that is too afraid of posting their nutrition info anywhere is very suspicious to me and I would avoid them like the plague!

By the way, if any of you are in NYC for a trip or just going in for a day like I did a couple of weeks ago (from the suburbs I live in), Hard Rock Cafe in Times Square has the calorie amount for everything on their menu!!! AND, the bbq chicken plate is the best by far at like 550 cals or something like that...for everything. Most of the salads are over 1,000 cals! :wink: :wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition/search.php?q=applebees&b=&page=4&so=

Check this, I'm not sure if this is the quesadilla that you had there, but go through the other pages until you find the one you had. These are pretty accurate. This website has nutrition information for most major retaurants in the United States. I use it quite a bit before I go out to pick the healthiest choices at most restaurants. :tongue:

Awesome site...thanks
  • Not exactly the thing Edwina, but close. The Daily Plate simply will not give me all the info I need. I must take decisive action! I have already contacted several former members of the Shah's Imperial Guard, they are currently in flight from Iran and we are planning a raid on Applebee's headquarters at 2300 hours. I plan on stealing all of the nutritional secrets as well as getting someone to explain to me exactly what a riblet is!

Sometimes drastic times call for drastic measures. Wish me luck.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Not exactly the thing Edwina, but close. The Daily Plate simply will not give me all the info I need. I must take decisive action! I have already contacted several former members of the Shah's Imperial Guard, they are currently in flight from Iran and we are planning a raid on Applebee's headquarters at 2300 hours. I plan on stealing all of the nutritional secrets as well as getting someone to explain to me exactly what a riblet is!

Sometimes drastic times call for drastic measures. Wish me luck.

Godspeed brother....Godspeed....
  • Edwina
    Edwina Posts: 12 Member
    Mon Furor - your secret is safe with me!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • OMISALJ
    OMISALJ Posts: 69
    i went to applebees the other night and was given the info