DietBet - Who has actually finished a challenge?

2»

Replies

• iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    So far, I've won 4 of the 4 week games. Currently in a 6 month game that started Dec. 10th. This game ends in June and you have to lose 10% of your body weight by I believe June 10th. So far, so good.

How much did you win overall? I'm 7 days into my first one and curious if I should sign up for another :)
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    I finished a couple of the 4-week ones but would loose 4% then gain back 2, then loose 4% then gain back 3 etc. I just started the new 10% challenge that is spread over 6 months, I anticipate less of a rebound effect since it is ongoing and has a maintaince period for the last month. Money is a bigger motivator than pounds for me since even though I need to loose about 15-20 more pounds I'm still "healthy" and in decent shape :) I don't particularly care if I win more than I bet, I just don't want to loose what I paid. With the 4 week ones I did end up about $100 ahead of where I started so I donated $50 to a charity and put the other $50 towards the DietBet10 that I am currently doing.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Onto day 2 and already lost 33%, let's hope I can keep it up.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    For those wondering how much money you make, between the two 4% games I've completed so far the profit was around 30% on each. DietBet says that bigger bets ($35 or more) have a higher success rate so your profit would be lower in that case. Regardless, you'll always at least get your money back, but profit is nice!
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    For those wondering how much money you make, between the two 4% games I've completed so far the profit was around 30% on each. DietBet says that bigger bets ($35 or more) have a higher success rate so your profit would be lower in that case. Regardless, you'll always at least get your money back, but profit is nice!

good to know - thanks!!
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    By the way - for anyone who wants to try it out, I've started a game with only a $10 bet. I'm happy to help you out in learning the process if you want to try!

Game starts on Feb 10th: http://diet.bt/LBW8m1

If you have any other questions about it, let me know. I think the system is awesome and hope it can help others succeed too.
  • MFPdusty
    MFPdusty Posts: 5 Member
    Hi y'all! If you are interested in a DietBet, I just set one up that starts in a few day. Please consider joining me. I will provide lots and lots of motivation and encouragement! http://diet.bt/Mp4FbX
  • JackieRL55
    JackieRL55 Posts: 144 Member
    I just finished my third and won 2 out of 3. It's an AWESOME way to stay motivated.

BUT.....here's some advice:

-Make sure you have a really good scale!

-If you're weight training heavily (as I was in the game I lost), you may jeopardize your chances of winning since the bet is based on fat loss and doesn't take into account muscle gain.

-Join with people you know if you can. The competition makes things super fun!

-DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF EVERY DAY!!! You will torture yourself and that's not healthy.

Have fun and good luck!
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    So far, I've won 4 of the 4 week games. Currently in a 6 month game that started Dec. 10th. This game ends in June and you have to lose 10% of your body weight by I believe June 10th. So far, so good.

How much did you win overall? I'm 7 days into my first one and curious if I should sign up for another :)

I won a total of 172.00 but you need to subtract out my bets which was around $25 per game. So figure I won $72. It's not a big money maker. It is great motivation.
  • I joined a DietBet 4 (4% of my weight in 28 days). I won $50.92 from my initial $25 bet. I used weight watchers and went gym hopping with the free 1 week trials at every nearby gym.
  • chatnel
    nice. I have two weeks left and back to my starting weight. Not lliking my chances!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    I just finished my first last week... won it too :happy: (yay!). I am starting my second today, anybody interested?

http://www.dietbetter.com/games/37782
  • scromwell1982
    scromwell1982 Posts: 1 Member
    I finished a challenge before starting the Dietbet10. I won my first challenge (and have won the first 2 months for my Dietbet10). I won $17 (over my bet) for my Dietbet4 and have won $32 (over my bet) so far in my dietbet10.

This is the one I'm currently in: http://www.dietbetter.com/games/27994

My thoughts have changed as I've been doing this now almost 4 months... I loved it at the beginning, and I've lost 10% of my body weight. My weight loss has now slowed and instead of being happy I still am losing... I beat myself up when I don't lose at a quick enough pace to meet the weigh in goal. My spouse has begged me to stop playing because I am constantly pissed off at the scale (even if my measurements are dropping dramatically)... and in turn get a little short with him ;)

I wish there was one that was a slower pace of losing. If at this point I lost 1% of my body weight monthly I'd be happy or maintained for a 6 month period.
  • I just finished my first DietBet this past Friday 2/28. I paid $20 and got back $34.98. I was happy just to get my money back and lose the weight.
    I really like this way of losing weight, it motivates me in a way I've never been before. Not the winning money part, but not losing MY OWN money. It really motivates you. I used MFP and my FitBit and came in just about a pound under my goal.
    I start my 2nd one this Friday. Problem is...I have been eating terribly ever since I got my payout!
    Oh well, it's a process, have to keep working at it! Glad I found DietBet tho and definitely recommend it! :)
  • chatnel
    Mine ends in two days and still at my start weight :(
  • angie007az
    I finished a challenge before starting the Dietbet10. I won my first challenge (and have won the first 2 months for my Dietbet10). I won $17 (over my bet) for my Dietbet4 and have won $32 (over my bet) so far in my dietbet10.

This is the one I'm currently in: http://www.dietbetter.com/games/27994

My thoughts have changed as I've been doing this now almost 4 months... I loved it at the beginning, and I've lost 10% of my body weight. My weight loss has now slowed and instead of being happy I still am losing... I beat myself up when I don't lose at a quick enough pace to meet the weigh in goal. My spouse has begged me to stop playing because I am constantly pissed off at the scale (even if my measurements are dropping dramatically)... and in turn get a little short with him ;)

I agree. Now that I'm closing in on my goal, my weight loss has slowed. However, I lost 35 pounds using that game. Love it and will most likely sign up for another when my current game ends in June.

I wish there was one that was a slower pace of losing. If at this point I lost 1% of my body weight monthly I'd be happy or maintained for a 6 month period.

I agree. Need one that you can lose at a slower pace as you close in on your goals.
  • angie007az
    Mine ends in two days and still at my start weight :(

Sorry to hear that. Is this thread working? I posted a reply earlier and it didn't add my text.