Morning Star Food? Healthy???

I just had went grocery shopping the other day and I purchased some of the morning star burger packs and things because I in theory thought they would be better for me than what I could have otherwise, but after logging them this morning I realized that they have a fair amount of sodium and so does wheat bread, I was wondering if the 320 grams of sodium in each black bean burger is actually good or bad or if the burgers are good for you? Lots of questions lol because I dont mind paying just over a dollar per patty if they're good nutrition wise haha just cause I feel like naturally when Im really hungry and not in the mood to cook, its kinda nice to just heat them up and have a burger ready.

Replies

• lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    I used to buy that stuff, and some of it is rather tasty. Now I think it's frankenfood. I'm not sure what's in it.....
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    I'm not sure about the black bean burgers health, but I know I tend to avoid processed soy stuff. While there's conflicting data out there, there's enough suggesting that it's bad for me that I'll avoid it for now.

There's a lot of great recipes out there that are very easy to make. They freeze well too.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    Are you vegetarian?
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Um. I love morning star products. They're decent calorie wise for protein, fiber etc. I think you'll drive yourself insane trying to demonize foods for every little thing. The term healthy should be used in the context of a balanced diet. If you're getting necessary nutrients, your body does not care the source. It breaks down things, irregardless. Sodium is only a concern to those with health conditions or to those wanting to reduce the chance of annoying water retention. Obviously, as with all things, moderation is key but I think in the long run, just focus on food being what it is. ..food. Seek nutrient dense foods to meet your needs then get your remaining calories from wherever.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Personally I like them. Sometimes when I just need something quick they arent bad. Processed? Yes. But they arent the mainstay of my diet so I dont think its going to kill me...at least not today :happy: