Could my diet be causing headaches?

I very rarely get headaches so to get 3 in the past week, I know something is probably causing them.

Today I've had a headache pretty much all day, not a bad one, but it's been there all the same.

I'm not feeling hungry so I don't think it's hunger as it doesn't subside shortly after eating.

I used to drink lots of soda and no water, but this week I am trying to drink water and drink a lot less soda - could this be causing them?

I only started to log 5 days ago so my diary will only tell you so much, but I've been eating exactly the same since beginning of the month, in Jan I was eating 1500kcal a day, again similar foods but with lots of diet soda's.

Replies

• Korrinn87
    Korrinn87 Posts: 9 Member
    Were the sodas caffeinated? You might be going through caffeine withdrawal. Both my parents get headaches if they don't get their diet Pepsi in the morning.
  • missyme10
    missyme10 Posts: 38 Member
    Were the sodas caffeinated? You might be going through caffeine withdrawal. Both my parents get headaches if they don't get their diet Pepsi in the morning.

To be honest I don't know, is diet coke caffeinated?
    I also used to drink loads of diet Irn Bru......gonna go see if I can find out if either is caffeinated.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Yes, Diet Coke is caffeinated. A lot of people experience headaches after giving up caffeine.
    Drink lots of water and ride it out.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    could be diet but also could be caffeine withdrawals. I get headaches when I don't have my coffee. Maybe I should cut down. lol
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I very rarely get headaches so to get 3 in the past week, I know something is probably causing them.

Today I've had a headache pretty much all day, not a bad one, but it's been there all the same.

I'm not feeling hungry so I don't think it's hunger as it doesn't subside shortly after eating.

I used to drink lots of soda and no water, but this week I am trying to drink water and drink a lot less soda - could this be causing them?

I only started to log 5 days ago so my diary will only tell you so much, but I've been eating exactly the same since beginning of the month, in Jan I was eating 1500kcal a day, again similar foods but with lots of diet soda's.

Definitely caffeine withdrawal headaches. They should subside soon.
  • AccioFitness
    AccioFitness Posts: 244 Member
    Bodies develop chemical dependencies to substances such as caffeine and nicotine. And both caffeine and nicotine withdrawal can definitely cause headaches (as well as fatigue, irritability, etc). Especially if you consumed a fairly high quantity, which multiple cans of soda during the day could fall under this category, and had it regularly for an extended period nYour body will acclimate to not having soda (caffeine) as part of its daily diet and the headaches should start getting better soon. Don't give up!