Should I count as exercise?

If I helped a friend move for over an hour like carrying boxes and furniture...should I log that?

Replies

• Absolutely!
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    Absolutely!

Definitely!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    of course!
  • ballert1
    ballert1 Posts: 98 Member
    I don't know how you would count it, or track it other than just walking. That is the beauty of the Heart Rate monitors, They do the tracking, You do the burning. It was an exercise because its lifting, carrying and pacing. if being a waiter/waitress constitutes as an active work place, why wouldn't that?
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    I say no. Of course you burned calories. Enjoy the fact that you added more movement to your day. Consider it your secret weapon and only record exercise. That's just my 2 cents and what I do. The only time I recorded housework was when I vacuumed my folk's 3000 sq ft home. Figured I deserved it then.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    I wouldn't log it but if you feel like you are burned out from it I would eat a healthy snack and not log that.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    If that's not something you do on a regular basis, the sure, I would count it. That kind of activity can be pretty intense, especially if you're not usually active.

MPF has an entry for "cleaning, light" - I'd probably use something like that as a guide.

However, if your regular day is very active and you have your profile set as "active" then that is already accounted for, so I wouldn't add it (that's the answer for the OP who asked wouldn't being a waiter count, yes it counts, but if that's your regular day, then MPF has already accounted for it when it calculates your calories).
  • I have MFP set as Lightly Active.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Are you that desperate for calories? If so I'd see if take s look at the calories goals as they could be to aggressive