Should i be eating my net calories back?

Im trying to gain some weight, im 21, female, 5 foot 10 inches
53kg
2200 calories is what i need to maintain my weight, im active since i work 40 hours in a hospital
I do exercise daily on my exercise bike as well (30-60 mins per day)

Question is, should i be eating to get my net calories back up too at least 2000-2200?
Is my diet healthy?

Any advice would be great
Im trying to gain some weight too?

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Probably. Eat enough calories so that you're gaining weight. End of story.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Question is, should i be eating to get my net calories back up too at least 2000-2200?

Yes, although it's probably worth doing some resistance training as well as CV, to assure that your weight gain is balanced throughout your body. Just bodyweight will probably be fine for you at the moment,
    Is my diet healthy?

There doesn't appear to be anything alarming about your diet, I looked over a couple of weeks worth. Shift work doesn't help but it's managable. You probably need to increase your intake consistently, there does seem to be a big gap between calorie target and actuals, it also looks like you're undercooking your carb intake. Given and active job and training you'll be short on fuel. You seem to be closer on protein, but as you're trying to gain you do need to aim to consume enough. It's complementary to the resistance training and more readily supports the benefits.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    thanks guys x