What to do ? help pls:)

Options
Hey everyone!

I have been slacking mega for a while now and need to get back on track!!! I'm going away around the end of April, haven't booked yet, but it's going to be tropical.....and I need to get on the exercising-almost-daily bandwagon,because I don't want to feel self-conscious in a bikini.

SO, my question is, what type of workouts have you done that have helped you slim down? Should I do Shred? Cardio daily,(running, elliptical?)? some weights? I feel lost and I don't know what i should be focusing on.
I would just like to hear what has worked for you!
I have about 30-40 lbs to lose, I realize thats NOT going to happen in 2.5 months, but if I can slim down quite a bit I would be so happy!

With all that has been said, I will of course be eating within my caloric goal and make the best choices I can food-wise!

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond:)

Replies

• scottburger104
    scottburger104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    have a look at simple and sinister by pavel T.
  • niqu11
    niqu11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    A consistent, mapped out program will definitely help you slim down and keep you consistent in your workouts. I'd recommend T25, Insanity or Turbo Fire- both have cardio plus some resistance training, and include nutrition guides as well. Send me a message, I can tell you more. You can definitely make big changes by April!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i would say set your goal for 1 pound per week loss (500 calorie deficit)
    start heavy lifting and cardio on off days.

so monday - weights; tues - cardio; wens - weights (leg day0; thurs - cardio/abs; friday - weights …saturday/sudnay ..off or light cardio…

starting strength and new rules of lifting for woman are great resources..
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit. The exercise you do isn't going to help anything if you don't create a caloric deficit on the end. If what you want is slimming down, your exercise selection doesn't really matter.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit. The exercise you do isn't going to help anything if you don't create a caloric deficit on the end. If what you want is slimming down, your exercise selection doesn't really matter.

This! 95% food, 5% exercises !
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options

so monday - weights; tues - cardio; wens - weights (leg day0; thurs - cardio/abs; friday - weights …saturday/sudnay ..off or light cardio…

QFT

Rigger
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    if you pushed it you could lose 20-25llbs in this time, you would have to be dedicated though
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    What worked for me:
    1. Sticking to a deficit. Started at a 1,000 calorie/day deficit, then gradually decreased the deficit as I lost weight. I used low-cal veggies and hot herbal tea to help me feel full when I didn't have many calories left for the day.
    2. Exercise. 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Denise Austin's Body Boot Camp, The Firm Super Cardio Mix, running, and weight lifting. I did this twice daily M-Th (a video in the morning, lifting or running in the afternoon), one workout Fri-Sun. Find something you enjoy and do it:)
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options

This.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't going to be the popular opinion, but if you want to be confident in a bikini, all you have to do is be confident in your bikini. No amount of weight loss is likely to help.

Get fit for your health, and be confident at the size you are.