NSV - I got turned down today! :-)

Seriously, it's a really big NSV!

I've been divorced for almost 4 years now. Hating the way I looked/look really eliminates the ability to ask someone out on a date. I've found it very convenient to hide behind the "I'm a single dad with no time to date" curtain. Really it was just an insanely low opinion on how I look... which I still really struggle with.

Anyways, the NSV I'de like to share with y'all. I asked a lady to dinner after we made small talk outside a shop. She respectfully declined but I'm sure she was surprised to see how happy I was when she did.....

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Well Done. That is great.
    Now all you need to do is keep doing it until someone says yes =)
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Man, this is an awesome victory. Celebrating not the idea of some random woman's approval, but rather the fact that you have enough confidence in yourself to take action in the first place. That's definitely a NSV very worthy of celebration!

A strong self image is radically life changing.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    WOW that takes a lot of courage. Awesome
  • JenR_
    JenR_ Posts: 104 Member
    Good for you.:) I don't have a lot of confidence to approach guys, so really impressed with you stepping out, being bold and asking the lady out. That's awesome:)
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    congrats! keep going!!!
  • MarlaVSings
    MarlaVSings Posts: 66 Member
    Man, this is an awesome victory. Celebrating not the idea of some random woman's approval, but rather the fact that you have enough confidence in yourself to take action in the first place. That's definitely a NSV very worthy of celebration!

This.

Way to go!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member

This.

Way to go!

Couldn't have said it better! Congratulations!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Cracking stuff! Awesome job for putting yourself out there again man :drinker:
  • vivaldirules
    vivaldirules Posts: 169 Member

This.

Way to go!

Absolutely. Congratulations!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    sending you a high five! :smokin:
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    What a great attitude! Awesome accomplishment!