How to make plain Greek yogurt taste good

So I usually eat vanilla greek yogurt I'm trying to cut down on sugar and only get from my fruits I eat since it natural the thing I have tried every kind of nut and fruit to put in plain Greek yogurt and nothing taste good.

What are other ways to eat it? It just taste so bitter and no matter what I put in it. It never taste right

How do you make your plain Greek yogurt? I even tried cinnamon sugar and tasted like ****. Lol

What do you do to make it taste good? Thanks

Replies

• lenamae23
    lenamae23 Posts: 60 Member
    I use it as sour cream on tacos. I also mix it with the dry ranch packets and eat it on baked potatoes. Yummy.
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    2-3 packets of stevia & Lots of Cinnamon :) I'll add some sliced amonds and frozen blueberries.

2-3 packets of stevia, Apple Spice,& sliced apples

2-3 packets of stevia, pumpkin slice & bananas
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,871 Member
    Your a lost cause then because plain yogurt rules.......lol.......seriously though if nuts, seeds, granola and/or fruit doesn't do it for you I have no response to that question. Maybe try chicken marinaded in yogurt and pan fried or roasted.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I love my plain Greek yogurt - it's not bitter at all. What brand are you getting, and are you buying fat free or 2% or full fat? Full fat tastes best to me, but the 2% has more protein so I usually get that.

My favorite mix-in is Nutella, but if you're trying to avoid sugar, ignore that. :tongue:

As others have said, mix in some fruit, or mix it with oatmeal and just a bit of honey?
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    I make smoothies with plain 0% fage and some sort of berries. Usually balances it out.
    I've also tried my protein powder in plain...but chocolate+yogurt just don't work for me.

At the end of the day you can just learn to like it =)
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    I eat full fat Greek yogurt nearly every day. I mix mine with some honey and peanut butter and it tastes like peanut butter cheesecake. It takes some fooling around to get the ratio perfect and some days I use more or less peanut butter depending on where my macros have gotten too. It's usually about 150g yogurt, 10g honey and 20g peanut butter.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,211 Member
    I use it as sour cream on tacos. I also mix it with the dry ranch packets and eat it on baked potatoes. Yummy.

This! Use in place of sour cream. It goes great on top of Mexican or Indian food, or on baked potatoes. Also dip chips or veggies into it. I go through a lot of mock sour cream (as I think of plain Greek yogurt) but I never eat it as yougurt.
  • Fitnessman168
    Fitnessman168 Posts: 85 Member
    Oikos plain Greek yogurt is what I'm using?
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Full fat tastes best to me, but the 2% has more protein so I usually get that.

^This

...and...
    I eat full fat Greek yogurt nearly every day. I mix mine with some honey and peanut butter and it tastes like peanut butter cheesecake. It takes some fooling around to get the ratio perfect and some days I use more or less peanut butter depending on where my macros have gotten too. It's usually about 150g yogurt, 10g honey and 20g peanut butter.

^ This

And you have to try different brands so many brands taste horrible to me and I like Greek yogurt. Finally, if in the end you find it nasty whatever you do don't eat it! :-/
  • thevoice1973
    thevoice1973 Posts: 55 Member
    Fresh fruit, protein powder, even a teaspoon of jam in a pinch!
  • rach41413
    rach41413 Posts: 82 Member
    I usually mix in some berries and All Bran cereal - keeps it low calorie, low sugar, high protein, high fiber, and I think it really helps it not taste so bitter.
  • 1two3four
    Oikos plain Greek yogurt is what I'm using?

As far as I know that's a fat-free one and I personally think OIKOS is gross I don't understand all the John Stamos hype commercials...

Try Fage or Chobani 0% or 2% or if you can fit it in the Fage full fat. OMG yogurt heaven! :)

Edited to add the Fage may not be with the other yogurts in your store. When I shop at Kroger I have to go to their 'natural foods' section to get Fage, In the regular section they only have OIKOS, Kroger (another blech one) and I think Greek Gods or something like that.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    The brand you get makes a huge difference. Chobani is my fav. Some like Oikos, not me though.
    Trader Joe's has a very good greek yogurt that also has a nice price. And their Honey Greek is like dessert!!
    I like to add stevia powder to my nonfat plain greek, and some chocolate sauce.

ETA the store brand of nonfat greek at SaveMart is simply horrible tasting!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    omg adding cinnamon to my yogurt is my current go-to, cinnamon, vanilla, and chopped apple. whats your problem? lol
  • 1two3four
    ETA the store brand of nonfat greek at SaveMart is simply horrible tasting!

So is Kroger's! I think Meijer and Great Value (Wal-Mart) are the same one and while not as good as Fage definitely better than some other options.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    You lost me. I like plain Greek yogurt. (At least Fage, haven't tried other brands)

But sometimes I mix in fruit. Diced peaches are nice. Or dried fruit like craisins or raisins.
  • chriskim1996
    chriskim1996 Posts: 10 Member
    2-3 packets of stevia & Lots of Cinnamon :) I'll add some sliced amonds and frozen blueberries.

2-3 packets of stevia, Apple Spice,& sliced apples

2-3 packets of stevia, pumpkin slice & bananas

Dear God... might as well replace crack cocaine with the stevia. Artificial sweeteners are a chemical mess...
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    omg adding cinnamon to my yogurt is my current go-to, cinnamon, vanilla, and chopped apple. whats your problem? lol

I do the same (no vanilla) a bunch of cinnamon and then I top with multigrain O's (trader joe brand). Perfect breakfast, calcium, iron, fiber, probiotic and protein.

I dip apples in it for an afternoon snack. Top potatoes or sweet potatoes with it instead of sour cream. Use it in dip recipes...and no one notices. soooo good
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    I cook a package of frozen rhubarb with splenda and use that in my yogurt. Sometimes nothing else, sometimes fresh fruit if I have it!
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member

I use it in place of sour cream too but I've never thought of the ranch dressing. I can't wait to try that one and I love baked potatoes. I bet it would be awesome as a dip for crudités.

I mix about 1/4 c of Splenda to 1/2 c of Greek yogurt then add a tsp of flavoring like vanilla, cherry, strawberry, chocolate or root beer. I've tried Stevia and I find it has a nasty bitter aftertaste. I want to try Nectresse but I can't find it where I live. Another way to sweeten Greek yogurt is to add sugar free maple syrup. I usually add about 2 Tbsp.