HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Super encouraging! I can't wait to see more pics, and mine up here too someday!
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Ladies you all look SO SO fabulous!

I can't wait to start lifting heavy, I am just clueless about how to start, and what to do. I work in a gym (right now, overnights even, so, for example, I just had an empty gym for 3.5 hours), so I have ample access to equipment, I just need to figure out what and how (I have some injuries/issues), and do it. I want to be STRONG!!!

Strong is DEFINITELY the new sexy!!
  • PhreePanda
    PhreePanda Posts: 22 Member
    Adding my support here. I can't wait to post my before/ afters! I just started a new 12 week challenge routine. I'll be posting my progress pics after that.

Since December, I doubled my bench press, lost 7 inches overall and am proudly fitting clothes I haven't thought would fit. I can now carry a 5 gallon water tank with little effort. Ahhh :-D the little things!
  • bbd28
    bbd28 Posts: 3
    I've known heavy lifting is the way to go! Thanks for the inspiration to take that step!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Super bulky.

20140213_121813_resized_zpsb222f7b9.jpg
  • snoopymcc
    snoopymcc Posts: 19
    Inspired to get back to lifting!
  • rnlenore
    rnlenore Posts: 16 Member
    I love this thread
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    This threads (I went through all three of them) are awesome and extremely motivating. Respect to all you strong women!

I just started lifting recently but was hooked immediately. I hate cardio and am never ever able to push myself to run further or faster. I always forced myself to go to the gym and then I did some cardio - hating it while doing it - and didn't go back there until I felt super bad about myself and forced myself... A vicious circle :-D

But after my first lifting session I felt so content and proud. I love the feeling of my muscles being used like this, it's just great.
  • greenmeena
    greenmeena Posts: 118 Member
    Bumping to keep this thread alive!! Had to super skim through the petty argument stuff here and there, wishing it was just a photo thread honestly.

Great work everyoneI I wish I could afford a gym membership but not yet, I start work on Monday, then I'll be back to lifting again I'm sure!!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Not looking bulky here.

20130804_184558_zps96773356.jpg

20140310_195646_zps042bdcbe.jpg

20140310_195250_zps4af4943a.jpg
  • I started my weight loss journey at the beginning of the year, kind of as a New Year's Resolution. I've lost 40 pounds so far and I feel AMAZING!! Try this system: http://fitfemlove.wordpress.com
  • aspired2lift
    aspired2lift Posts: 18 Member
    Can't wait to see the whole thread for all the lifting successes!
  • MissGamerGirl
    MissGamerGirl Posts: 187 Member
    Super bulky.

20140213_121813_resized_zpsb222f7b9.jpg

I absolutely adore your results. This is the kind of stomach I aspire to have...strong but feminine! Thank you for the inspiration. :)
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    bumping because I haven't seen this in a while and it deserves to be seen
  • This thread is now one of my faves... read all of part three, seriously going back and reading 1 & 2!

I do adore cardio, swimming, cycling and dancing give me such a boost, and as I had no clue where to start with lifting a few weeks ago when I started getting serious about getting fitter, I was intending on sticking to those.

Weights intimidate me, not really because I see that area of the gym as 'the boy's' area, but because I'm struggling to overcome anxiety, and any situation where I'm unsure of what to do with myself (read: anything that doesn't include a treadmill, bike, pool or rowing machine with regards to the gym) is stressful.

I was also under the misguided assumption that as I have quite large thighs, than I don't want to 'bulk up' that squats and lunges were best avoided. Seeing this thread, and all of you lovely ladies with your fantastic 'supah bulky!' (rolls eyes, haha) thighs and butts, motivates me so much!

I'm still not sure where I'd start in the free weight area, but a couple of weeks ago I started a 'bar blast' class, which is basically a workout class with weights... I'm on very very light ones at the moment, not for fear of bulking up, but because I'm still unfit, and not strong enough to handle more (yet!), but I feel as though mixing in these classes with my cardio will be a huge benefit, and as I get fitter hopefully I'll have the confidence to add more lifting to my routine, and maybe even have the guts to ask the gorgeous lady that did my gym induction to talk me through the free weights area ;)
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Everyone looks so amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Bump
  • pyronymph1
    pyronymph1 Posts: 18 Member
    So much inspiration! I am totally and outside girl but this makes me miss the gym, if you can believe that!
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    This is all beyond awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!